Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree1Likes

Old 04-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I think that Sayid shooting Ben is the event that turned him evil. It's happened all along (which makes me wonder if back in Season One when Sayid tortured Ben, Ben knew who he was).
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:14 PM   #12 (permalink)

Love it. Can't wait.

The end better not be lame like a dream.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:20 PM   #13 (permalink)

You guys actually paying attention to the plot? I just watch dis shee for Evangeline Lilly.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

What, this isn't the jerkbank?

Last edited by MichaelApproved; 07-12-2013 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Removed www.stylexp.ro malware
Old 04-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #15 (permalink)

I used to love Lost. But when the storyline started getting into time-travel and stuff, I'm not digging it as much. But I'll definitely watch each and every episode to the very end, I don't want to give my hopes up and set myself up for disappointment though.
They've still got a lot of questions to "completely" answer these last two season.

-What is the smoke monster? "Security System" is not good enough. I want a full detailed explanation.
-Libby. Even though she's been dead since season 2, I'd like to see her why she was in the same mental hospital as Hurley.
-Why doesn't Richard age?
-Who is Jacob and why does his cabin sometimes vanish.
-What ever happened to Rose and Bernard? They should be 30 years in the past as well. But 3 years without crossing their paths...
-Christian, Locke, dead, undead, reborn, zombies... bleh.

My theory? I think the island used to be a part of Ancient Egypt. That explains the influence and placements of hieroglyphs everywhere. The 4-toed statue has the head of a cat, and somewhere underground is a magical pyramid. Mark my words.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:06 PM   #16 (permalink)

-What is the smoke monster? "Security System" is not good enough. I want a full detailed explanation.
-Libby. Even though she's been dead since season 2, I'd like to see her why she was in the same mental hospital as Hurley.
-Why doesn't Richard age?
-Who is Jacob and why does his cabin sometimes vanish.
-What ever happened to Rose and Bernard? They should be 30 years in the past as well. But 3 years without crossing their paths...
-Christian, Locke, dead, undead, reborn, zombies... bleh.

All very good questions. I had almost forgotten about Rose and Bernard.
I also think Rufio has a point. I didn't really catch the 'recruitment' sign and the picture thing. I just assumed Sun was in the future and the town had run down. But it makes since that it's a different future and not a distant future.

I really hope they answer the smoke monster thing adequatly and don't pull a BSG.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

pinoy i'm with you on a lot of those points,

-theres so many questions with the character of libby including the whole her giving desmond the boat he used to get to the island
-i think the smoke monster is the island
-Rose and bernard are adam and eve
-i think you're on point with the egyptian stuff, reasons for this
-when locke went to visit hurley he was drawing pyramids and the sphinx
-when sawyer and the others were walking around the island after the flashes stopped the man that was killed (amy's husband) he wasnt wearing a cross it was actually an ankh,the egyptian hieroglyphic character for "eternal life"
-the statue looked like anubis,the god of death, who also happens to carry an ankh

coincidences? i doubt it

Last edited by Rufio; 04-01-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky McDuck View Post
I'm beginning to think the 'smoke monster' is spirits.

Sometimes you see the smoke as single whisps of smoke.
Like when Sun and Lapidus go with Christian into the building and see the picture of Hurley, Jack, etc in the Dharma Initiative. If you change the contrast you can just barely see a human figure in the shadows behind Sun. To me it looks like Charlotte. Also you saw the single whisps of smoke when Echo saw his brother Yemi.

Then sometimes you see it as that large smoke cloud, which I think is the spirits of the Dharma initiative after Ben killed them all. And they're trying to protect the island.

I can't think of anywhere where they've refered to or seen the smoke monster before the Dharma initiative was killed. Danielle had to deal with it after she came to the island but that would've been after the Dharma Initiative was killed by Ben.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:45 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post

I can't think of anywhere where they've refered to or seen the smoke monster before the Dharma initiative was killed. Danielle had to deal with it after she came to the island but that would've been after the Dharma Initiative was killed by Ben.
That's true, good points.
Old 04-01-2009, 08:56 PM   #20 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
i'm kind of with you about what the monster is except for your last point, Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse said that the monster was as old as the island at some interview