Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree1Likes

Old 04-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
i'm kind of with you about what the monster is except for your last point, Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse said that the monster was as old as the island at some interview
Oh, I didn't know that, that does disprove my theory about the large smoke then.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

i think the monster is a collection of everything that dies on the island, for example, when Mr Ecko kept seeing his brother Yami it was really the monster, when rousseou saw her husband it was also the monster that had absorbed his memories and likeness. although my theory doesnt explain why shannon kept seeing walt around even though he was still alive.

note: remember when jack saw his father in stitting in the waiting room of his hospital? remember that the SMOKE detector was going off? since its lost i highly doubt it was a coincidence
Old 04-01-2009, 10:10 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky McDuck View Post
So what will happen now that Sayid shot young Ben? Farady said you couldn't change things...but he did by visiting Desmind...
yea. I had expected him to do that since he wasn't properly briefed, what with running around in the jungle with handcuffs and all.
Old 04-01-2009, 10:14 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy0004 View Post
I used to love Lost. But when the storyline started getting into time-travel and stuff, I'm not digging it as much. But I'll definitely watch each and every episode to the very end, I don't want to give my hopes up and set myself up for disappointment though.
They've still got a lot of questions to "completely" answer these last two season.

-What is the smoke monster? "Security System" is not good enough. I want a full detailed explanation.
-Libby. Even though she's been dead since season 2, I'd like to see her why she was in the same mental hospital as Hurley.
-Why doesn't Richard age?
-Who is Jacob and why does his cabin sometimes vanish.
-What ever happened to Rose and Bernard? They should be 30 years in the past as well. But 3 years without crossing their paths...
-Christian, Locke, dead, undead, reborn, zombies... bleh.

My theory? I think the island used to be a part of Ancient Egypt. That explains the influence and placements of hieroglyphs everywhere. The 4-toed statue has the head of a cat, and somewhere underground is a magical pyramid. Mark my words.
I think the others do not age as well, unless if they get shot. Now the fun part is figuring out how sun is going to meet jin.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:49 AM   #25 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
-What is the smoke monster? "Security System" is not good enough. I want a full detailed explanation.
-Libby. Even though she's been dead since season 2, I'd like to see her why she was in the same mental hospital as Hurley.
-Who is Jacob and why does his cabin sometimes vanish.
-What ever happened to Rose and Bernard? They should be 30 years in the past as well. But 3 years without crossing their paths...
-Christian, Locke, dead, undead, reborn, zombies... bleh.

All very good questions. I had almost forgotten about Rose and Bernard.
I also think Rufio has a point. I didn't really catch the 'recruitment' sign and the picture thing. I just assumed Sun was in the future and the town had run down. But it makes since that it's a different future and not a distant future.

I really hope they answer the smoke monster thing adequatly and don't pull a BSG.
I'll make a stab a few of these (I never read spoilers, so no worries there).

1) Smoke Monster - Obviously there's a lot more there to be told, and the previews for next week's episode look like a good bit of info will be revealed.

2) On the podcast, they said that an extra Libby flashback was planned for sometime during Season 3, but the writer's strike cut that short and in all honesty... the rest of her story might not get told.

3) I'm positive that this will be answered. But I think that the Egyptian looking three-toed statue and the "eyeliner" reference were a bit of a hint.

4) Jacob will definitely be explained, I'm thinking by the end of this season.

5) You're making an assumption that Sawyer, Miles, Juliette, etc haven't run into them over the course of those three years. Just because they haven't mentioned seeing them or we haven't seen them doesn't mean that they aren't there and haven't been encountered. I wouldn't be surprised to see them as Others/Hostiles. Lost depends on mysteries and surprises, I'm sure this is one that they're hanging onto.

6) Zombies? That's Season Seven.
Old 04-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #26 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

just saw the preview for the next episode, i think its fair to say that it will be pretty awesome. ben episodes are always great mostly bc michael emerson is such a good actor
Old 04-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
So what will happen now that Sayid shot young Ben? Farady said you couldn't change things...but he did by visiting Desmind...
But Ben doesn't die. The others save him, he doesn't remember anything, but he's lost his 'innocence'.
So our survivors always came to Darma, Sayid always shot Ben and it's because he did and Jack refused to help that the Ben we know came to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy0004 View Post

My theory? I think the island used to be a part of Ancient Egypt. That explains the influence and placements of hieroglyphs everywhere. The 4-toed statue has the head of a cat, and somewhere underground is a magical pyramid. Mark my words.
I'm liking the Egypt idea.
Some of my thoughts:
Smoke monster: The temple thing is where the French people were dragged when they went insane. Now that we've entered into there we're going to understand the monster better.
But what if it really is just some electro-magnetic security system? The French people went crazy because they saw the future in there and saw that Rousseau kills them all (that's why they tried to kill her).
Richard doesn't age for the same reason some of the others don't die and Rose is healed. Also, remember how the time-travel effected the people who had been on the island longest first? Maybe the age-less, death-less thing works in a similar way.

When are we going to see Claire again?
TwitterAsk me anything.KaTG Ethnography
Old 04-02-2009, 06:28 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
-Rose and bernard are adam and eve
damn I totally forgot about "Adam" and "Eve" from waaaay back in season 1.
I hope that's not the case, and they're happily living with the others.

I like everyones theories on the Smoke Monster, hopefully next Wednesday we'll be fed more info.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #29 (permalink)

Next week looks to be a damn good episode. As some have already said, I'm very happy that the writers have a set number of episodes left to wrap things up... I feel like this current season has been clearing up quite a few mysterious happenings from the past several seasons.

And just out of curiosity, did they ever explain how Ben got the shit kicked out of him before getting on the plane back to the island? I thought for sure the episode a bit ago with Sayid would have explained that... essentially I thought he went after Sayid and he got the living fuck kicked out of him for it. haha Unfortunately, that wasn't the case and it's still up in the air.

"I hate everyone equally..."

Holy shit, awesome:
www.heavymetalgeek.com
Holy shit, I'm in a band:
www.reverbnation.com/caligarimetal
Stupid, stupid shit I say:
www.twitter.com/skizzbot

Old 04-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #30 (permalink)

whoever said penny's not dead? if she is then that means desmond would have a reason to come back to the island right?