Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2006, 11:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
deznice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 680
My fucking car got Hit

Motherfuckers, Parked outside my house and some asshole smacked in to it managing to hit every panel on the drivers side and it looks like some major damage to my rear 1/4 panel. The tire is bent in and I'm looking at major damage... Scumbags... This $500 is gonna hurt my wallet (insurance deductible)


Is it possible to make out on these deals? The insurance company will be writing a check today, but does that go directly to the mechanic or into my account?


FUCK YOU hit and runner


I will post pics later on in this thread
__________________
"Dez knees ruined it, Blame Dez knees" -Keith
Quote:
Originally Posted by 36D View Post
Fuckin' deznice started it

ASK ME ANYTHING! http://www.formspring.me/deznice
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Owsley Stanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Island
Posts: 33
I just had to replace the clutch on my Jetta to the tune of $1,100, none of which came from insurance.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Eastern Pa.
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by deznice
... The insurance company will be writing a check today, but does that go directly to the mechanic or into my account?
It's your money. You have the right to cash the check and spend it on anything you like. Don't let the insurance company bully you into paying it directly to the mechanic or body shop if that's not what you want to do.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
DEPjrTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 269
make sure if you are allowed to gather quotes that you go to two dealers, they will have the highest quote. then you can find a better repair shop and pocket the rest.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
deznice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintman
It's your money. You have the right to cash the check and spend it on anything you like. Don't let the insurance company bully you into paying it directly to the mechanic or body shop if that's not what you want to do.

well I was just thinking how stupid it is... Hey Mr. mechanic my car just got hit :-0 here's the check from the insurance company for $5,000, how much is it gonna cost? OH weird $5,000 huh?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
IAMjoCanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Jersey
Posts: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by deznice
Motherfuckers, Parked outside my house and some asshole smacked in to it managing to hit every panel on the drivers side and it looks like some major damage to my rear 1/4 panel. The tire is bent in and I'm looking at major damage... Scumbags... This $500 is gonna hurt my wallet (insurance deductible)


Is it possible to make out on these deals? The insurance company will be writing a check today, but does that go directly to the mechanic or into my account?


FUCK YOU hit and runner


I will post pics later on in this thread
I have a mechanic in Brooklyn that will absorb the cost of the deductible.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 12:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
spooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,265
is the car worth repairing? it will never look as good and its resale value is likely shot. might be worth it to just drive it until the wheels fall off as is. or you could put the money towards paying it off, if its not already..../shrug

usually, the insurance companies pay about 2/3 of what it costs to actually get it fixed right, minus the deductable. they kinda suck that way.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
deznice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
is the car worth repairing? it will never look as good and its resale value is likely shot. might be worth it to just drive it until the wheels fall off as is. or you could put the money towards paying it off, if its not already..../shrug

usually, the insurance companies pay about 2/3 of what it costs to actually get it fixed right, minus the deductable. they kinda suck that way.

at this point it's undriveable...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 01:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Annie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Arctic Tundra
Posts: 506
Wow... all that karma kick-back isn't from stealing just one joke... what else did you do :P

But for real - that sucks - I hate car repair and basically any other exorbitant car fees.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Rhian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,102
That is horrible! Sorry to hear that. Good luck with getting it repaired and hope insurance and mechanics don't dick you around.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger