Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2006, 09:23 AM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Eastern Pa.
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
Insurance may just total the car.

if it cost 5 grand to fix and the car is worth 8, the will consider it a loss and total the car ...
I think you have it backwards. If the cost to repair exceeds the actual cash value, it's a total loss. If it costs $5K to fix a car worth $8K, no total.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:20 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MichaelG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In my chair
Posts: 4,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintman
I think you have it backwards. If the cost to repair exceeds the actual cash value, it's a total loss. If it costs $5K to fix a car worth $8K, no total.
I think it 80% is enough for the insurance to declare it totaled, my math maybe wrong (Spooky will correct) But I do not believe it has to be more.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 01:35 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
the big lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: cincinnati
Posts: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
I think it 80% is enough for the insurance to declare it totaled, my math maybe wrong (Spooky will correct) But I do not believe it has to be more.
i think it's dependant on the state in which you have the car registered/insured. some states like KY have it at something like 75%. but then have it to where you can't drive around a totaled car. so if you have a dented fender on a P.O.S. that costs 75% of the worth, then you're screwed.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 02:38 PM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
deznice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 680
Quote:
Originally Posted by the big lebowski
i think it's dependant on the state in which you have the car registered/insured. some states like KY have it at something like 75%. but then have it to where you can't drive around a totaled car. so if you have a dented fender on a P.O.S. that costs 75% of the worth, then you're screwed.


I guess we'll find out... 6k worth of damage to a 12k car, and thats just on the outside... we shall see if it's any more when we look under it
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 02:51 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
the big lebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: cincinnati
Posts: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by deznice
I guess we'll find out... 6k worth of damage to a 12k car, and thats just on the outside... we shall see if it's any more when we look under it
good luck
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 02:59 PM   #26 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2
Some bodyshops will pad the bill to cover your deductable...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
spooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
I think it 80% is enough for the insurance to declare it totaled, my math maybe wrong (Spooky will correct) But I do not believe it has to be more.
i know about paint and body work, but i only have limited experience with insurance companies and their dealings. notice how i havent said much? its how i keep you guys thinking im a know it all, i only open my mouth when i know something, i keep it shut when i dont.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 03:59 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MichaelG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In my chair
Posts: 4,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
i know about paint and body work, but i only have limited experience with insurance companies and their dealings. notice how i havent said much? its how i keep you guys thinking im a know it all, i only open my mouth when i know something, i keep it shut when i dont.
Just because you think you know something doenst mean you know it.

There is no right or wrong just opinions
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:01 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
spooky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 3,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelG
Just because you think you know something doenst mean you know it.

There is no right or wrong just opinions
its only your opinion then, if thats true.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 04:02 PM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
MichaelG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In my chair
Posts: 4,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
its only your opinion then, if thats true.
Yes my opinion is always true.

Mean, but true
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
Keith and The GirlAd Management plugin by RedTyger