Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 03-12-2010, 12:53 AM   #21 (permalink)

and in the end don't take it personal mates, it's just the internets...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 12:59 AM   #22 (permalink)

Nice shrug, cunt
Old 03-12-2010, 01:11 AM   #23 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver View Post
I hope someone slits your throat, rapes your esophagus, and you suffocate from the cum blocking your airway while they smack your right eyeball with their limp post-ejaculation dick, and a little jizz that's left in the shaft drips out onto your cornea.
Old 03-12-2010, 02:41 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Is that you spooky? O.o
Old 03-12-2010, 05:05 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I hope someone slits your throat, rapes your esophagus, and you suffocate from the cum blocking your airway while they smack your right eyeball with their limp post-ejaculation dick, and a little jizz that's left in the shaft drips out onto your cornea.
you must be australian also...
Old 03-12-2010, 04:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

So you saw Rabbit Proof Fence a couple times driver, maybe read a few things about the White Australia Policy in Wikipedia, doesn't necessarily make you an expert on Australian history. Sure, Australia has fucked up it's history but then so have most white nations - Canada included.

And it's disingenuous to have a crack at someone who loves, supported* and supports (financially) shows like Keith and the Girl - labelling them as somehow freaky because, by extension you are labelling most of the people who love and listen to Keith and the Girl. People love and support things like KATG because it is infinitely better than any of the garbage on commercial/mainstream media.

And let's take a look at you mate. A member since 2005 - yet you've managed (to date) a total of 36 posts on these forums. Not a measure of how much you listen in itself but given what other people are saying here the only times you post on these boards is to stir shit up and hang it on others. Therefore you have nothing useful to offer.

I have a great life. A beautiful partner, two beautiful children, a nice house in the city, a good job. Instead of sitting down with the morning newspaper, I sit down with the katg boards. Instead of listening to Hamish and fucking Andy on the commute I listen to KATG. Instead of donating my hard earned to frigging World Vision where it will probably end up equipping a little Ethiopian kid with an AK-47, I donate to KATG where I know it will go towards making me laugh my arse off.

Sure, I'm plugging my book. Would be silly to pretend otherwise and look, if the guys take objection to this then this conversation will be scrubbed and it will have never been. But if I was so abnormal then would I have achieved this?

Who the fuck knows.

driver, spooky, shaman of sexy - whoever the fuck you are, go have a think about yourself and your contribution to life. Ask yourself if you are being all that you can be and if you believe you are then come back and get yourself teared to ribbons. Otherwise find something - Jesus, Buddah, Donny Osmond and become nicer or fucking something...

*bankrolled (not katg to be clear)

Last edited by Dean from Australia; 03-12-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 02:03 AM   #27 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
you must be australian also...
Die.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:58 AM   #28 (permalink)

I have just now finished reading The Hambledown Dream (and was pretty disgusted by Driver).

So, tears in my eyes, because this novel is a bit of a weepy, I'd like to offer an appraisal.

Dean Mayes has written a romantic, supernaturally infused fiction that I found compelling. Yes I cared about the characters.
There's the early death of a decent, musically gifted husband, his devastated widow, and an ocean away, a drug dealing no hoper who has a crazily lusty girlfriend. The doper somehow strangely avoids death.

The tone is soulful and I did need the consolation of a tale that rolls along like an irrepressible boulder down a gully.

Dean Mayes's writing is a little contrived sometimes, providing unnecessary, touristy background information, but The Hambledown Dream is a fine piece of romantic fiction well worth a read.

The Ibook version only costs $US4.00 and is well worth the money.
eBooks by ireadiwrite Publishing*::*Contemporary*::*The Hambledown Dream

Twitter
Old 03-16-2010, 05:48 PM   #29 (permalink)

Received the first Australian shipment for two events/signings that will be taking place in the coming month. I'm praying "What Do We Do Now?" gets here before the first event so I can plug it at the book stores here in Adelaide and over in Victoria.

Last edited by Dean from Australia; 03-16-2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: refinement
Old 04-06-2010, 11:30 AM   #30 (permalink)

Hey Guys,

If any of you have purchased "The Hambledown Dream" and read "The Hambledown Dream" and LOVED "The Hambledown Dream", could I ask of you this one small favor? Review "The Hambledown Dream". Post you reviews over at the Amazon entry for my debut novel for ireadiwrite Publishing and help raise the profile of the "The Hambledown Dream"...

Amazon.com: The Hambledown Dream: A Novel by Dean Mayes