Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 09-10-2010, 12:49 AM   #41 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I've just finalized arrangements with Lauren Decesare of Radio Adelaide here down under and can confirm that I will be the in studio guest on Lauren's Sunday night program "The Final Say" this coming Sunday the 12th September from 10:30PM Australian Central Standard Time.

For those of you in North America, that equates to 9:00AM Eastern Time, 8:00AM Central and 6:00 Pacific.

"The Final Say" streams live over the web and you can find the link to the stream here

Lauren and I will be discussing my novel "The Hambledown Dream" and taking listeners on the musical journey that inspired the story. We will also be showcasing a sneak preview of the audio book sampler that I have been working on these past few weeks.

This is going to be a wonderful opportunity to show case my novel in a slightly different and off beat way and I would dearly love it if you could tune in, no matter where you are and perhaps even join in the discussion. You can call into the show on +61 8 8303 5000. For those of you O.S. - Skype is a great way to chime in for a really low cost. We are also hoping that one of you out there might consider recording the stream so that we can package it up as a download later on from my site. We will be recording the show locally but a back up would be cool - just in case...Also please spread the word as far and as wide as you can. This will be a great night.

"The Final Say" is an hour and half of media and culture for the i-generation. So join Lauren and myself, this coming Sunday 12th September and capture a really cool slice of the "Dream"
Old 09-10-2010, 03:49 PM   #42 (permalink)

Wait, I'm sorry for not having picked up on this before, but is this a gay romance?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconis View Post
Wait, I'm sorry for not having picked up on this before, but is this a gay romance?
Dean from Australia
Old 09-10-2010, 11:18 PM   #44 (permalink)

It's really a simple yes or no answer. Is it a gay romance? If so, neat, if not, neat too.
Old 09-14-2010, 11:42 AM   #45 (permalink)

Sorry for being a smart arse and trying to get you to go have a look at my website.

Here's the blurb...

The moving first novel by Australian Pediatric Nurse, Dean Mayes, about a young man whose spirit refuses to die.

Australian, Denny Banister had the world at his feet; a successful career, a passion for the guitar and he is in love with Sonya – his best friend and soul mate. Tragically, Denny is struck down with inoperable cancer & he is destined to die.

Meanwhile, Andy DeVries has almost nothing; he is alienated from his family, he moves through a dangerous Chicago underworld dealing in drugs, battling addiction & now he’s gone and overdosed - jeopardizing the only thing that matters to him; a place at a prestigious Conservatory for classical guitar.

Having been snatched from the abyss Andy recovers, but he is plagued by dreams - memories of a love he has never felt, and a life he's never lived. Driven by the need for redemption and by the love for a woman he's never met, Andy begins a quest to find her, knowing her only by the memories of a stranger and the dreams of a place called Hambledown...
Old 09-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #46 (permalink)

I just uploaded the musical journey interview I did a couple weeks ago down here in Australia with "The Final Say" show on Radio Adelaide.

Lauren and Caitlin welcomed me into the studio and we had a great time talking about the music that inspired my novel and playing some tracks from my unofficial soundtrack. If you're into Nick Drake, Zero 7, Jose Feliciano and Vince Jones then take a listen.

Download MP3
Old 09-28-2010, 08:41 PM   #47 (permalink)

Finished your book last week Dean - great stuff. Really cool idea and can totally see a movie in it. My wife has it in her pile of books to read now, will let you know her thoughts when she's done.

Cheers to your continued success!
Old 10-04-2010, 02:30 PM   #48 (permalink)

I just put the finishing touches on a short story I've been working on for a while. It's available now as a .pdf free download. It's a paranormal piece (aren't they all?) with a little bit of a difference.

The Regenesis Cluster
Old 11-01-2010, 03:42 AM   #49 (permalink)

Hey Guys,

For a limited time, you can purchase my novel in trade paperback, directly from my website. There are options to have it delivered signed or unsigned but for the duration of this offer I am offering Free Shipping and I'll include a free Hambledown bookmark as a keepsake with the book.

Stocks are limited so if you've been thinking about it, why not jump in and purchase my novel directly from me today.

Purchase The Hambledown Dream

Thanks guys.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:43 AM   #50 (permalink)

Hey Guys,

For a limited time, you can purchase my novel in trade paperback, directly from my website. There are options to have it delivered signed or unsigned but for the duration of this offer I am offering Free Shipping and I'll include a free Hambledown bookmark as a keepsake with the book.

Stocks are limited so if you've been thinking about it, why not jump in and purchase my novel directly from me today.

Purchase The Hambledown Dream

Thanks guys.