Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 03-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyeshawn View Post
I just wanted to share something new and different, and to little of my surprise someone shits on it. Thanks.
I thought it was pretty cool. Don't mind the negative nancies, they just have a bunch of sand in their vaginas.

When I was in college we used to get in a big circle and play hacky sack (I think we called it 'hack the sack'). You had to hit/juggle the ball a minimum of 3 times and then attempt to fling it at someone else, whom, if unable to juggle an additional 3 times, was 'beaned' by the entire group. Sort of hacky sack dodge ball with a little punishment for the losers. It was good clean fun; you just had to watch your balls and asshole...that little bean bag can hurt.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi body View Post
I thought it was pretty cool. Don't mind the negative nancies, they just have a bunch of sand in their vaginas.

When I was in college we used to get in a big circle and play hacky sack (I think we called it 'hack the sack'). You had to hit/juggle the ball a minimum of 3 times and then attempt to fling it at someone else, whom, if unable to juggle an additional 3 times, was 'beaned' by the entire group. Sort of hacky sack dodge ball with a little punishment for the losers. It was good clean fun; you just had to watch your balls and asshole...that little bean bag can hurt.
Yeah for sure fun times, that is an accurate description of my roots.

In the footbag community they play 4 square instead. Using a 4 square shape (or the basic playground 4 square setup) you then compete by trying to never allow the bag to either a) fall in your square and b) fall out of bounds after your contact. You want to survive up until the king square where the king collects points every time the bag hits the ground. Extra players form a line and are allowed to kick the bag back into play if its their vicinity. Loads of fun .

I suck at this game, Im much more into the freestyle side of things. There is one video of me doing a few tricks, except its long low quality and poorly edited. so if anyone is interested here is how you can see me at the 1:29, 2:55 and 3:43 minute marks.

YouTube - Taste Of Chicago Shred '06

Old 03-08-2009, 09:02 PM   #13 (permalink)

Sport or not sport, if it gets ya snyatch, more power to ya.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Hey if horse jumping can be an olympic sport, why can't footbagging be a sport? And hacky sack is a brand, not a general class of product.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyeshawn View Post
. . . I just wanted to share something new and different, and to little of my surprise someone shits on it. Thanks.
I'm not shitting on it, and I didn't mean to offend. Just trying to point out the trend toward calling every display of physical skill and dexterity a "sport."
Old 03-09-2009, 12:09 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintman View Post
I'm not shitting on it, and I didn't mean to offend. Just trying to point out the trend toward calling every display of physical skill and dexterity a "sport."
Could we say it's 'sporting'?

Sporting: an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintman View Post
then tell me what to call it in a respectful way.

They train they compete and are very passionate about their *Blank*

Im not trying to guilt you or make you sound like an ass (I understand im sensitive and defensive about this topic) but im also genuinely curious on a possible idea on how to describe freestyle footbag without using the word sport or hackey sack so as to not have this debate and just spread the word on what I think is a great *Blank*

I try to use the word "Alternative-Sport" and preface it with the phrase "A new" or "Unknown". Then if they want more of a description, I send them a Youtube link or let them know the next time and place I will be kicking.

And fyi: Freestyle footbag actually has a mathematical and exact science to declaring a winner. Its called "adds" and basically Every component and additional degrees of difficulty (which does NOT include weak side tricks, we do every trick both sides) is totaled at the end of a 30 second routine called Shred 30. Most people consider this competition the determination of the highest skill. There is another competition called "routine" which is 2:00 including music so that is where it falls into the non-sport category and is judged subjectively with factors of presentation, style, and consistency.

Last edited by madeyeshawn; 03-09-2009 at 09:42 PM.