Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 05-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

I just got the CD. It's really, really good. I like it when comedians put a ton of material on their CD, and this definitely has it. 25 tracks is a lot of work, and I appreciate the funniness and the bang for my buck.

Oh, and Chemda's laugh is plainly identifiable all over the place on the CD. It's funny to hear her loud "HA HA" laugh.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:30 AM   #22 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
Just out of curiosity, was the Comedy Central special heavily edited? They're doing that a lot lately. Rogan's special as it was aired and how it is on cd are completely different, even if they were recorded the same night...

Hopes for a dvd.

Weird coincidence: Myq and Posehn have realeased cd's the same day (Myq is a milion times better. Posehn is funny, but he oveplays the "i'm a dork" thing too much) and they both have the sentence "I spend a lot of time on the computer. Look at me."

Small world

(I spend a lot of time on the computer too.)
I do not believe it. (For any of us.)
That is a weird coincidence... especially because saying "look at me" on a CD makes no sense to do at all. We all win!

As for editing, the taping was about 30 minutes, and the end result is 22, so 8 minutes were removed, and most of it was done fine I think. They left whole jokes in and took other ones out, as opposed to mixing and matching setups and punches, so I had no problem with the end result, and was actually pretty happy about the removal of one or two things that I was less happy with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNJ View Post
I just got the CD. It's really, really good. I like it when comedians put a ton of material on their CD, and this definitely has it. 25 tracks is a lot of work, and I appreciate the funniness and the bang for my buck.

Oh, and Chemda's laugh is plainly identifiable all over the place on the CD. It's funny to hear her loud "HA HA" laugh.
Thanks very much!
Next time I'll make my CD have one million tracks, one for each word I say. Even more apparent track-bang for your buck.

Sincerely, much appreciated, glad you enjoyed my comedy and Chemda's reactions to my comedy.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:05 AM   #23 (permalink)

I really enjoyed your comedy, chemda's reaction to your comedy, DaveNJ's reaction to chemda's reaction to your comedy and your reaction to DaveNJ's reaction to chemda's reaction to your comedy.

I think my favorite part was my reaction to your comedy, since I got to do all the laughing.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:28 AM   #24 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptmunich View Post
I really enjoyed your comedy, chemda's reaction to your comedy, DaveNJ's reaction to chemda's reaction to your comedy and your reaction to DaveNJ's reaction to chemda's reaction to your comedy.

I think my favorite part was my reaction to your comedy, since I got to do all the laughing.
Sounds selfish. But in a positive way that hurts no one.
I like it.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:09 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNJ View Post
Goddammit. I already knew I had to buy Myq's undoubtedly brilliant CD, but now I super have to buy it.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #26 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Goddammit. I already knew I had to buy Myq's undoubtedly brilliant CD, but now I super have to buy it.
Super thanks for super knowing.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #27 (permalink)

The CD is reeeeaaally good. Myq is one of the funniest guests and his CD is hilarious.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:28 AM   #28 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwkwardMongoose View Post
The CD is reeeeaaally good. Myq is one of the funniest guests and his CD is hilarious.
Thaaaaaaaaanks!
AwkwardMongoose is one of the nicest posters and his name is hilarious.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:00 PM   #29 (permalink)

Okay. Myq is one of my favorite guests on KATG, and when he's teamed up with Micah, magic happens. And as it happened, I was driving home from work today listening to the BOP! episode. Normally when I listen to the show, I just listen and things will register in my head like "ding! that's funny ding! that's funny", but very, very rarely do I ever audibly laugh- not because it's NOT funny, but that's just not how I roll.

Today was different. Stuck in traffic, for the first time in months, I was laughing so hard that there were tears in my eyes. Maybe it was because work sucked this week. Maybe it was because it was legitimately funny. Despite the logic, the laughs were real. As in "thumb and pointer finger on my eyebrows, head looking down, bobbing with laughter" real.

So, I got home and bought Myq's album. Listened to about half of it so far, and I fucking hate it.

JAY KAY! I love it. So hard.

So... like, go buy it if you haven't.

I used to make this webcomic.
http://www.invisibleladders.com
"I never update!"
Enjoy.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:39 PM   #30 (permalink)

It was a bit of a hassle (at least for me) to purchase your CD in Germany but I managed to do it somehow (amazon mp3-download) and it was well worth it. Thanks and congratulations for being so funny