Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-16-2006, 07:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Myspace Hack spreading like wildfire

http://www.chaseandsam.com/

Myspace Hack spreading like wildfire: SPAIRLKAIFS

Well, well. Somebody has managed to hack Myspace.com with a flash based redirect that exploits what is apparently a gaping wide hole in the Myspace code. If you are signed into Myspace, and you go to a friends page, and then find yourself redirected to a blog post containing a diatribe about how the United States government is behind the 9/11 attacks, then your account has been hacked, and everyone who visits your page will be infected!! Yes, it's true, at least for now - everybody who visits an infected profile while signed into their Myspace account will have their page hijacked!

The solution is rather simple: Go to your home page, and click on edit profile, remove the line below (and only the line below) from your About Me section: (I added some "f's" to the code so it won't work here)

fembed ffallowscriptaccess="fnever" src=
"fhttp://i105.photobucket.com
/albums/mff225/yrkblack/redirecft.swf"
BY SPAIRLKAIFS

It's possible that the line above will be the only line you see - in that case, remove it all, and be sad if you had a custom template installed, because chances are you will have to re-install it.

If you see nothing in your About Me section, chances are you have a non-Myspace custom template. You will need to click on the link that says "Safe edit mode" in the top right corner of the edit screen. You should be able to edit your About Me section at that point. If, for some reason, when you click that button you are taken to a screen that deals with your Myspace groups and says something like, "you have no groups to moderate", then you will need to change the address in the Url box (at the top of your browser). It probably ends with this: fuseaction=groups.safemode, and you will need to change it to read: fuseaction=profile.safemode and then hit enter. From there, you should be able to remove the offending line of code from your account. Best not to do too much viewing of other people's accounts until Myspace fixes this problem. Please comment here if this has helped you or if it doesn't work, and feel free to browse the rest of our site!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
NO BRUMSKI

Finally, a hack I don't mind so much...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote