Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 12-03-2010, 02:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Need some computer help

Hey guys.

I have a Dell Latitude d600 that I've been trying to use for a while. It was my dad's and was given to me because he didn't need it anymore. Before he gave it to me he completely wiped the hard drive of all his old applications/documents. It worked well for about a week, then I started getting a blue screen with the error message:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I haven't installed anything on it and there was no new hardware installed. It works fine when i have it in safe mode with the networking turned off, but when I run it in safe mode with networking on i get the blue screen all over again. I've read some things on the web that have said that it could be some type of wireless driver issue, etc. but I just can't seem to figure it out. Any idea what the problem could be? Any and all info would be appreciated. Thanks!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Take it to the Genius Bar at an Apple store. When they tell you they can't help you with your Dell issues, storm out of the place and knock over an iPad on the way out.
Old 12-04-2010, 12:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I'm no computer expert, but I had a quick google around for you and a lot of the stuff mentioned an overheating issue. That doesn't really make sense if you're able to use it in safe mode though.

How long can you work in safe mode with networking before you get the blue screen? Is it immediate? If not, it might be possible to uninstall your wireless and/or ethernet driver and replace them. According to this: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Windows XP Support it's most probably a driver issue of some kind, but tracking down what exactly might be tricky. If you suspect it's the wireless driver, I'd start there.

Sorry that wasn't more helpful, I don't know a lot about Windows troubleshooting.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:22 AM   #4 (permalink)

Do you know any indian people? I think they all fix Dell's.
Old 12-04-2010, 01:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Probably time to just restore it back to factory defaults from the hidden install partition.
Save your data files to an external drive before you reinstall.

How to Restore a Dell Latitude D600 | eHow.com
Old 12-04-2010, 01:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Dell - Drivers and Downloads

Do a little searching around there, you'll probably find a correct driver to update.