Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 10-09-2012, 11:00 AM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw81 View Post
Everyone gets offended on KATG - surely in 7 years of the show being out there has been something that has rubbed all of us the wrong way at some stage.
Sparrow. I don't think Sparrow could ever rub me the wrong way. Yeah I know too easy.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 11:27 AM   #112 (permalink)

BOOM!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
BOOM!
Nice ! Wrong thread though I guess.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #114 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg In Oakland View Post
The problem I have with Keith is that he makes a broad statement in saying that 'You can't be a good Christian and a good person'. This is complete bunk. I theorize that he bases is opinion on his upbringing as a Catholic, which has a dogma based on the bible being the absolute truth. I can attest that many sects of Christianity see the bible as a guideline and that Christ's word abolishes the laws of the Old Testament. Following Christ requires you to love God and love your neighbor. The rest is commentary.

But again, please answer my question. I am sincerely quizzical. Would you be ok with the content of the show being mostly anti-religious?
If you want people to respect your question stop muddying the waters throwing your opinions into the mix. You are DESPERATE to tell everyone how wrong Keith is about your religious community, and no one cares. We come to KATG to listen to their opinions. If you don't like them, if they offend you, why listen....why listen? I don't get it, why are you listening?????

Keith and Chemda talk about current events and the religious shit is in the news daily...so there you have it, simple answer. When your elections are over the religious banter will ebb away to be replaced with some other topic of interest.

Come back in 2013
Old 10-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoFan_Mike View Post
The difficulty you face is that Jesus supported the Old Testament and the Laws set forth in it:
I was under the impression that the Old Testament was not to be followed after homeboy died on the cross.

Here's a link to something that I read explaining it.
stfuconservatives: ethiopienne: ...

Here's part of it for anyone who doesn't click the link:
"According to Christian theology, when Jesus came from Heaven, it was for the express purpose of sacrificing himself on the cross so that our sins may be forgiven. His sacrifice was supposed to be the ultimate act that would free us from the former laws and regulations and allow us to enter Heaven by acting in his image. That is why he said “it is finished” when he died on the cross. That is why Christians don’t have to circumcise their sons (god’s covenant with Jacob), that is why they don’t have to perform animal sacrifice, or grow out their forelocks, or follow any of the other laws of Leviticus.

When you quote Leviticus as god’s law and say they are rules we must follow because they are what god or Jesus wants us to do, what you are really saying, as a Christian, is that Christ’s sacrifice on the cross was invalid. He died in vain because you believe we are still beholden to the old laws."

Now I haven't read the bible, but from everything I've read or heard discussed, isn't that why he died on the cross? To free you of those no pork/stone your neighbor/don't wear a lovely cotton poly blend ridiculousness?
Old 10-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leentron3030 View Post
Now I haven't read the bible, but from everything I've read or heard discussed, isn't that why he died on the cross? To free you of those no pork/stone your neighbor/don't wear a lovely cotton poly blend ridiculousness?
Try telling that to the millions of people who believe otherwise. You might be right. There are scriptures in the Bible that back that up, but that's not what has been taught, and that's not what people believe.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:04 PM   #117 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Dukes View Post
Try telling that to the millions of people who believe otherwise. You might be right. There are scriptures in the Bible that back that up, but that's not what has been taught, and that's not what people believe.
True.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leentron3030 View Post
Yeah, but that doesn't help the anti gay marriage crusade ...