Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-25-2010, 12:58 PM   #11 (permalink)

It's supposed to be a nice sunny day tomorrow. I'll be making an HD video of this thing being destroyed in my garage. Any suggestions for methods?

It looks like there are no real mp3 players made by any company anymore. Amazon lists only Apple and Microsoft, and a giant 400$ Archos. anythingbutipod.com doesn't have a functioning database... Are there no longer any devices that have buttons and storage? I find that hard to believe.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Get that wolverine.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:37 PM   #13 (permalink)

Not made by Apple, Sony or Microsoft? I've heard these are amazing.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:39 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
Get that wolverine.
It seems they haven't updated them in a while. No podcast support, no sync, UI like a cheap Garmin GPS.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #15 (permalink)

Spent the day screwing around with Media Monkey. Great if you want to sit in front of your computer, but doesn't work with my phone.
Also tried Double Twist, doesn't work either. Offers zero control and has no options. Clearly not a finished product or it's made for children.

Apparently the consensus is the only "quality" device is still a Zune?
Old 08-26-2010, 12:19 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyUserName View Post
Spent the day screwing around with Media Monkey. Great if you want to sit in front of your computer, but doesn't work with my phone.
Also tried Double Twist, doesn't work either. Offers zero control and has no options. Clearly not a finished product or it's made for children.

Apparently the consensus is the only "quality" device is still a Zune?
I love MM, and support the shit out of them, what kind of phone do you have? - Just wondering.

Are you also trying to find a new media player program?

Like I said, I don't think Zune/iPod is the only "quality" device you'll find, but probably the only ones you'll find that don't have 1-16gb hard drives.

It's sad that they don't make enough mp3 players for people like us, but the vast majority of the consumers who buy mp3 players only have 100-1000 songs.

Which is completely crazy to me, but sucks for us. You'll keep not having the device you really want, and I'll keep being a fucktard paying out the ass for my iPods. lol

Secretary of State,
KATG Film Club
Old 08-26-2010, 12:26 AM   #17 (permalink)

My current iPod has been giving me issues and keeps fading in and out of functionality.

Right now it's been not working, I can restore it at my friend's place, but for some reason it won't restore on my laptop. I'm glad you posted this topic, it reminded me I should try to find a replacement for my iPod, but...it just sucks I don't want to sacrifice hard drive space for a better working device.

I really like, and feel the need, to have all my audio files on one single device. The more of my library I can carry with me, the better.

Anyway, so I'll be on the lookout, searching the web for some cool mp3 players, anything I find I'll post here in case you might be interested as well. I don't have the money to buy one now, but it'll be good for when I do.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:27 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I love MM, and support the shit out of them, what kind of phone do you have? - Just wondering.

Are you also trying to find a new media player program?

Like I said, I don't think Zune/iPod is the only "quality" device you'll find, but probably the only ones you'll find that don't have 1-16gb hard drives.

It's sad that they don't make enough mp3 players for people like us, but the vast majority of the consumers who buy mp3 players only have 100-1000 songs.

Which is completely crazy to me, but sucks for us. You'll keep not having the device you really want, and I'll keep being a fucktard paying out the ass for my iPods. lol
MM is great and has the auto playlist feature I love, and it supposed to easily sync with the Droid, and doesn't. I get error upon error with each file. I checked the music folder and sometimes there will be random songs, other times an empty directory for every artist. Apparently it's a known issue when syncing with random devices. Fun.

I was just looking for something to hold me over until I found a real player. I only have 16GB on it now anyway.
I figured I'd need to use something else since the Zune software barely works with the Zune. I won't be able to use it with anything else I got. For a second I thought I got lucky with one of the older Creative X-FI's but the SD card expansion doesn't work as integrated memory

Someone really needs to make high capacity players. I guess I'm down to choosing another Zune 80 or 120. In their infinite wisdom, Microsoft decided to "upgrade" the Zune line to have no buttons and less storage. Just joining the club I guess.

How much do you want to bet Apple with phase out all their button operated players soon too? Jobs already said he hates seams, screws, buttons, and switches.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:32 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I really like, and feel the need, to have all my audio files on one single device. The more of my library I can carry with me, the better.
My first "mp3 player" was one of those hybrid CD things. You could burn about 150 songs on a disk depending on quality. Maybe that's what we're slowly headed back to. A tiny touch screen with a pocket full of 128MB SD cards.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:51 AM   #20 (permalink)

I hope they don't take away the buttons on the iPods, I can't stand the iPod Touch, I mean yeah..it's cool for games...but oddly enough I use my mp3 players for music...not games. lol I don't need apps or anything like that or web browsing, I just want 100-200gb portable mp3 player.

I'm actually not a fan of most touch-screen things. Maybe I just have big fingers, I never find them that great to use. I only use the touch screen on my phone to quickly view something, but any time I need to type something out or scroll through a menu, I prefer to use the real keyboard/buttons.

The people who make mp3 players also expect consumers to have shitty quality music. Like when you look at the number of songs you can allegedly fit in a given amount of space, the only way it's often possible is if you have like...a max bitrate of 80-128 on your songs.