Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Would You Join A Sex Cult?
Yes 7 14.58%
No 33 68.75%
Not Sure - but squirting is definetly pee and I'm fine with that 8 16.67%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree15Likes

Old 04-11-2019, 10:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

NXIVM Sex Cult podcast

The actress Allison Mack, (from Smallville) has been in news lately about her role in sex cult Nxivm, pronounced NEX-ee-um (thanks Bw81 for correction)

There's a great podcast covering it all on Uncover: The Village CBC Podcasts

It's a 7 part series and it's juicy as hell. Complete with people being branded. Financial advisor members being fleeced outta $1.6m to $65 MILLION - each. Along with the lawyer defending this POS is the same lawyer who helped the Pharma Bro asshole.

So, yeah. The awful is enticing. Enlightening. Kinda scary these things occur in modern times. I mean, it's easy to understand backwoods Mormons. But these were educated, successful, and modern folk. Weird.

One term that comes up is Ontological Insecurity. Which is fascinating and probably a good term for all people prone to religion and/ or cults.

http://https://podcasts.apple.com/ca...r/id1364665348

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 04-13-2019 at 10:23 AM. Reason: Nexium. Not New vee um
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 02:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Started listening, very interesting. On episode 3 already...

It’s pronounced Nexium throughout the podcast.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.

Last edited by bw81; 04-12-2019 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 04-12-2019, 09:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

This story was so fucked when it broke I barely paid attention, new things kept happening every day it seemed. So this will be perfect listening. Thank you!
Old 04-12-2019, 11:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Going to binge listen this

I’d join a sexy sex cult that didn’t involve taking all your money. As soon as anyone suggested I hand over my money I’d be out of there. I love learning about cults so I’m going to binge listen to this when I get home.

I’m naturally skeptical about any form of leadership so I don’t think I’d last long in a typical cult.
NotARegularMom likes this.
Old 04-13-2019, 10:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw81 View Post

It’s pronounced Nexium throughout the podcast.
Thank you for pointing that out. I changed it

A new episode 8 / update was just released. The story - stranger and darker. Id love to hear what people think about Keith Raniere, the Dominis Obsequious Sororium, and of course the slaves brave enough to speak out. But maybe wait a bit till more people get through all eps.

So now it’s an 8 parter but the eps are like 35 mins and super binge able. This bizarre story goes to court April 29, 2019 so more and more details are gonna come to light.
LoopyLou79 and SpareBen like this.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 04-13-2019 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Hope they release more eps as trial progresses
Old 04-14-2019, 11:47 AM   #6 (permalink)

Thank You

Cheers Enunciated Piffle only on episode 3 but this is good.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Finished the series yesterday - what a crazy story. I listened to the bonus episode with one of the assistants to Sarah Edmundson this morning... messed up.

Really well put together series - keen to listen to more stories put together this way. Thanks for the heads up, Piff!
Old 05-15-2019, 04:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Ep 9: Inside the Trial

New ep!!!

So the head of the sex cult, Keith Raniere, initially said he had nothing to do with DOS/ sex cult, but now his lawyer is saying he is the head of DOS. He’s claiming he was the head of it, “to empower women.”

Yeahhhh. By telling women to gather blackmail photos/ material of other women...

It’s too bad this podcast couldn’t get Mark Vicente, (Raniere’s only male friend) who was high up In NXIVM. Apparently he got suspicious when women appeared “Skeletal.” He asked Keith if he was pushing them too hard. They look malnourished. When the response was “I’m trying to break them/ they still get their period” Vicente started asking women to tell him if there’s a secret subset of NXIVM - DOS.

The guys a hero. He immediately resigned. Obtained blackmail evidence. Went to FBI and is the whistleblower who began ending the sex slavery.

The podcast says only a few women are actually testifying. The court is only revealing the women’s names or first initial. These people are: scared, embarrassed, and ashamed. If Vicente didn’t start wondering, “is my boss/ friend a psycho’ this could be going on - probably indefinitely.

They said they’re only 3 days in and six weeks of testimony scheduled. So there’s wayyyy more to this.
SpareBen likes this.
Old 05-21-2019, 07:55 AM   #9 (permalink)

Ooh thanks for the recommendation. I did a bit of research when the Alison Mack story broke last year, but I'm looking forward to this as a deep dive.
Old 05-25-2019, 01:36 PM   #10 (permalink)

The Shrink Next Door

Sorry I cannot start threads cause I’m not VIP we are totally broke otherwise I would support VIP, but I’ve just started listening to The Shrink Next Door as a Hypnotherapist it’s very compelling.
NotARegularMom likes this.