Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 10-09-2009, 09:28 AM   #11 (permalink)

Shouldn't presiding over Guantanamo and continuing renditions sort of, I don't know, automatically disqualify you for this sort of thing? Oh yeah, they also gave it to Kissinger and a bunch of other jerks. So, never mind. My bad.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:47 AM   #12 (permalink)

The peace prize consistently goes for the flashy rather than the merit. Nothing new.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Yet another case of 'redpendiscitus'
Old 10-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #14 (permalink)

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091009/...bel_analysis_1

"For what?"

Quote:
For one of America's youngest presidents, in office less than nine months — and only for 12 days before the Nobel nomination deadline last February — it was an enormous honor.
He was only in office for 12 days when he was nominated.

Maybe Keith should add this to his standup.

Last edited by Incognito; 10-09-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

I loved how Obama handled it. He more or less acknowledged what everyone was thinking.

Good on him.

Speaking of it being what everyone was thinking, if both sides of the political spectrum are in agreement, why am I seeing so many stories about the awaited republican backlash? Half of all the stories I read this morning were already chastising republicans for an anticipated negative response.

Wouldn't the negative response be to oppose the democrats and support him winning? How is it when both sides agree, one side can still find a way to be critical of the other in the media? Do you ever wonder if it's actually the people feeling this way, this polarized, or is it more like the media trying to fan the flames into something that will be big enough to sell ad space? I am with Obama in being critical of the press.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.

Last edited by spooky; 10-09-2009 at 06:34 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #16 (permalink)

He should have declined. Fucking ridiculous.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #17 (permalink)

Yeah, I gotta say, I love the dude and all, but maybe in 8 years he might deserve it. It seems like he was surprised by it though and you can't really fault him for it, he didn't give it to himself. Its just the Nobel society trying to bank on popularity. SHould he have declined it? I dunno, if i was just randomly given a Nobel prize I doubt I would reject it. I do like the irony of the media bashing republicans for an anticipated response about someone getting an anticipatory Nobel prize. Mark this day in history, the 24 hour news cycle has lapped itself and is now reporting the news before it happens.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:56 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
He should have declined. Fucking ridiculous.

There have been people who declined in the past and it wa strictly for political reasons. If Obama did it, he would have made it look even worse, and made a diplometic misstep. He's handling it well. He's good with the talking. But this thing will bite him in the ass in the future when he will inesorably fail to fulfill the expectations.

This guy is going to go down in flames faster and harder than any president in history.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
This guy is going to go down in flames faster and harder than any president in history.
Okay, you're fucking kidding, right? He hasn't been in office for a year yet. He inherited the country in the middle of two wars, the biggest national debt in our history and one of the worst recession and economic crises we've ever seen. You wanted all that fixed in 10 months? It took the last guy 8 years to fuck things up this bad. If he can get us back to even after 8 years, I'd say it's a win.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatethesooners View Post
Okay, you're fucking kidding, right? He hasn't been in office for a year yet. He inherited the country in the middle of two wars, the biggest national debt in our history and one of the worst recession and economic crises we've ever seen. You wanted all that fixed in 10 months? It took the last guy 8 years to fuck things up this bad. If he can get us back to even after 8 years, I'd say it's a win.

No, i'm not. But i'm not saying that he should save the system in 10 months. I'm saying that the system wont be saved in years. He promised the impossible, people were gullible enough to trust him. And in the end when things will be exactly as fucked as they are now, they will blame him for it.

There's too much expextations on this man. I'm not saying he will go down now, but before he ends the 4 years, he will make a mistake eventually and everyone will burn him alive. All this, "He's the new messiah who will bring us change and a bright future" is just a bunch of delusion. Delusion always brings to disapointments. he's not the messiah. Things wont change. Get used to it.

I wont be surprised if he gets impeached before the end of the mandate for some idiotic bullshit, and suddenly a super right wing guy will take his place.