Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 10-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #41 (permalink)

Well, since the original concept of Alfred Nobel (remember him?) was to award the prize to whomever: "during the preceding year [...] shall have done the most or the best work for fraternity between nations, for the abolition or reduction of standing armies and for the holding and promotion of peace congresses", I can't say that I understand how Obama could possibly even be nominated.

However, given the tradition of the award who's nominees include: Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Carter, Gore, and Arafat, I'd say this latest just proves that Mark Twain knew of what he spoke.

Accordingly, I think it's time to reread some of his classics.

Best thread title ever.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 07:09 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
Refusing it would have been an insult and put him in direct and constant media comparison with Le Duc Tho.
I think that may be your most extravagant extrapolation to date.

Well done.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:24 PM   #43 (permalink)

Well, Obama has really turned our image around and changed the creepy international vibe dubya exuded. He has done the things he got the award for but I think he only got it because the world went through the equivalent of the Dark Ages in international geopolitics under Bush.

The world just said "Finally, a normal guy!! He's ok, but the last 8 years make him look pretty fucking awesome."
Old 10-12-2009, 03:42 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I think that may be your most extravagant extrapolation to date.

Well done.
With America in Afghanistan and Iraq, both of which are ofter referred to as quagmires like Viet Nam, I don't think it was much of a leap to assume further inference would be made.

Speaking about media sensationalism and my "logic lesson", I just read that Democratic Party spokesman Brad Woodhouse said the GOP was taking the same position as the Taliban and Hamas on the Nobel Peace Prize being awarded to Mr. Obama, terrorist groups that denounced the award.

If you are a Democrat, don't you feel like Woodhouse just called you stupid? Do you think he really believes that is a valid argument, or do you believe he thinks it's what convinces democrats of his point?
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #45 (permalink)

I just saw the Rachel Maddow video previously discussed popped up on Digg. The comments section is a stunning example of just how many bleeting sheep there are that are unable or worse, unwilling to think for themselves.

Arrive at any idea you want, but arrive at it on your own, through some critical thinking. Take a logic class in college, learn those basic logic fallacies and take a good long look at the world being fed to you.

I catch shit here for pointing out how many people are sheep, do people really not see it? It's exasperating. Hitting everyone in the face on a 24 hour cycle, and most of you people still never have an original thought.

Pick a side, regurgitate everything you are told with vitriol. Wake up tomorrow and repeat. This is life to you. This makes you happy.

Fucking depressing.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:02 AM   #46 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Most people arent good at critical thinking or logic because it's painful. I overthjunk most of the stuff, and the process has made more bitter, anfry, depressed and ulcer-ridden (literally) than ever. Where people who act and think according to gut reactions or group behavior are happy and bile free.

And that applies also to outside life. There isnt a discussion i have on work that doesnt make me think about killing myself, lately, believe me. My country is fucked beyond redmemption, but people rather take it and act like a herd of mongoloid rather than think or discuss any issue.

Critical thinkers will end up like Jonestown in the end.
Old 10-12-2009, 07:27 PM   #47 (permalink)

I think he deserves it for actually getting elected. Yeah, he didn't do much in the 12 days that he was in office before nominations, but tricking millions of people to vote for you is a big accomplishment. Especially under his circumstances of being a darky.

And the first darky in office.

And, it's their award, let them give it to whoever they want.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #48 (permalink)

SNL Obama character "I won it for not being George Bush"

nailhead: hit
Old 10-13-2009, 09:26 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdrafttech View Post
SNL Obama character "I won it for not being George Bush"
I just watched it and that was funny. Unfortunately, other than the Carville skit, that's all that was.