Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 03-02-2010, 10:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Lightbulb Official KATG Live Show cellphone app and streaming FAQ

Listen to the live show stream on the go! Apps are available for iPhone, Android and Blackberry phones. Most phones with a decent web browser can watch/listen to the ustream page. Listening to the live show on wifi around home via an iTouch or an Android phone is pretty sweet.

Have your own trick for listening live on your phone? Share it here. Have some good KATG themed wallpaper formatted for certain phones? Post it here.

Just as you support KATG by regularly donating or spreading the word please think about making a donation to the app developer that brings you this digital goodness.

iPhone

- KATG app - this incredible piece of magic is available free of charge in the iTunes store. Version 1.2 now available! Live show alerts, live streaming built-in. Show notes. It's got it all!

- Flycast is available for iPhone too. Free. Haven't tried it yet.

Android

- katg android app is under construction. Streaming via wifi and 3G works pretty slick. Bare bones build is up at

KATG | Everybody all the Time

navigate there on your phone browser and click on the .apk link and download it. Install the file you download. The app will now be in the all programs panel.

-Flycast is an alternative as well. Free. Current 2.0 beta only works with droid and G1. My Magic on 1.5 can't stream.

Blackberry

- There is a paid app called PocketStreamer that streams shoutcast but it's pricey.
- Flycast is available for free.
- Another free alternative is moodio.fm - Go to moodio.fm on your computer and make a quick account and search for keith and the girl and add that to your stations then go to m.moodio.fm on your phone and click the katg station and it will play on a blackberry

Windows Mobile (Thanks WildManNot)

- Download the GSPlayer for free and then download the pls file listed below.

- GSPlayer v2.29 Windows Mobile phone Pocket PC freeware software mobile download

- http://liveshow.keithandthegirl.com:8004/listen.pls

- Follow Keith and The Girl (KaTGShowAlert) on Twitter to find out when the show is on.

Ustream

Keith and The Girl on USTREAM: Keith and his girlfriend talk shit. Visit KATG.com.. Comedy

Most phones that have a broswer can point at the ustream pages and get audio and video on the go. Some phones have ustream apps. FYI - The show sometimes streams 3 cameras. The 'keith and the girl' ustream cam has audio. There are 2 ustream cams that have video but no audio.

Android PODCATCHER TIP

Not sure if everyone has found the google android podcast program called "Listen". Works really well.

If you are worried about data cost/limits make sure you check the "only download in wifi" checkbox in the app and you will only sync mp3's while in free wifi zones.

My favorite feature is that you can add shows on the phone but it's MUCH easier to add feeds in the 'Google Reader' section of your gmail account on a PC.

- Look at the bottom of the subscription list on the left and add new feeds into the "Listen" section and they will automatically push the feeds to your phone. You can then pick which episodes you want to listen to!

The feed links are all below for your cut 'n' paste needs.

Now you have some mobile listening goodness for the long break and holidays.

Make sure you tune in (LIVE! on the app? ) for the last marathon at the old Compound. 6PM EST Jan 4th.

Cheers!

Peace, Love and KATG to all mankind <cue choir>

Main Show feed

Keith and The Girl

Backstage Feed

KATG Backstage

Older Backstage stuff

http://recordings.talkshoe.com/rss22883.xml

Last edited by Tech007; 12-23-2010 at 08:31 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 03:48 AM   #2 (permalink)

I know that phones running the palm webos (the pre and the pixi) can stream the live feed.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Has moodio.fm stopped their practice of deleting the entry if the stream goes dead for a short period of time? I tired to make that work a long time ago, but they don't seem to like streams that aren't 24/7.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:17 AM   #4 (permalink)

Windows Mobile

Download the GSPlayer for free and then download the pls file listed below.

GSPlayer v2.29 Windows Mobile phone Pocket PC freeware software mobile download

http://liveshow.keithandthegirl.com:8004/listen.pls

Follow Keith and The Girl (KaTGShowAlert) on Twitter to find out when the show is on.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

What is the source for the iPhone and Android streams? Is it the same shoutcast server that has always been around? I can stream that directly from my BB, but the bandwidth is too high to to play from my mobile connection (but it works well when I'm on via WiFi). Is anyone streaming a low bitrate version of the stream? 32k or 48k AAC-HE really sounds amazing considering how low the bitrate is.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreydNot View Post
What is the source for the iPhone and Android streams? Is it the same shoutcast server that has always been around? I can stream that directly from my BB, but the bandwidth is too high to to play from my mobile connection (but it works well when I'm on via WiFi). Is anyone streaming a low bitrate version of the stream? 32k or 48k AAC-HE really sounds amazing considering how low the bitrate is.
Not yet, but there has been some discussion of eventually adding a lowbitrate stream for the iphone, which would be available for others to use.

Not any time soon though.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:11 AM   #7 (permalink)

Woohoo! I didn't know there was an Android version! Sweet.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

The Android Ustream Viewer works pretty well.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:49 AM   #9 (permalink)

Android podcast tip

Not sure if everyone has found the google android podcast program called "Listen". Works really well.

You can manage your feeds on your PC in your Google Reader account under the "Listen" feed tab.

And if you are worried about data cost/limits make sure you check the "only download in wifi" checkbox in the app and you will only sync mp3's while in free wifi zones.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

I just wrote a blog post on how I listen to the live show on Android without using the beta katg app. Some folks may find it useful if they don't need all the functionality that the app provides.

Setup Easy Shortcuts for Internet Radio Streams on Android « mrchnd