Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 11-03-2008, 01:53 AM   #11 (permalink)

I've dropped mine loads of times...it's aluminium so it's just dented a little
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 01:57 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vudell View Post
cracked it on one of it's many falls. Left side screw right before the headphone jack had a nice crack for a while, but just this week it totally broke off and now flaps there. Just natural abuse. It's well out of warranty, but that's cool... new one in Feb or sooner if I can figure out my monies well enough by then
If you can avoid glue, because it's not an official solution, I would, and with tape, you can keep applying it, and right of the headphone jack is a pretty easy place to put it.

Apple did have some recalls on cracked MacBook cases, but I don't think they'll replace it because it has been dropped.

If you have a case like this Speck | SeeThru Hard Shell for MacBook 13" already, you could hold it in place I suppose, but I'd say masking tape for a temp solution, and it's also white to match your BrokeBook. So give that a try, it'll do until you get your new MacBook when the money comes in.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:56 AM   #13 (permalink)

Just this

Picture 1.jpg

I used to be able to connect, but when I moved to my new apartment I got a new provider and now I can't connect. It's like there is a firewall or something. I called my ISP and they just shrugged.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:26 AM   #14 (permalink)

Well, if if it works on someone else's connection, it's def. your ISP, although I couldn't tell you what to tell them on the phone what ports to open in their firewall if it's a firewall issue with an IRC chat port or whatever, but I did see something on LV that they are under maintenance atm, so was it happening before that?
Old 11-03-2008, 03:29 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m0o0op View Post
Well, if if it works on someone else's connection, it's def. your ISP, although I couldn't tell you what to tell them on the phone what ports to open in their firewall if it's a firewall issue with an IRC chat port or whatever, but I did see something on LV that they are under maintenance atm, so was it happening before that?
Been the same since I moved 6 weeks ago...
Old 11-03-2008, 03:41 AM   #16 (permalink)

That's shitty. If only I could replicate the problem, but it works fine for me. Try one last thing. Is your Mac firewall on? You can check by going to System Prefs > Security >Firewall. If it's on, turn it off and reload the page. If it's off already, burst into tears.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:07 AM   #17 (permalink)

Weird...

Try taking it to a wireless lan hotspot somewhere and see if it'll work from there.

Oh and try Safari if you haven't yet. Firefox comes with its own proxy settings and security certificates, so maybe it's a browser issue.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:38 AM   #18 (permalink)

12" powerbook

Picked up a 12" powerbook from my buddy. We do not know the login or admin password to actually turn this thing on and get it running. I want to know whats on it. He got it free, gave it to me because I have macs (but im no freaking expert).

Computers just work i don't know.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:10 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
I used to be able to connect, but when I moved to my new apartment I got a new provider and now I can't connect. It's like there is a firewall or something. I called my ISP and they just shrugged.
Do you have to connect through the new Australian filtering firewall?
Old 11-03-2008, 10:34 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1goodI View Post
Picked up a 12" powerbook from my buddy. We do not know the login or admin password to actually turn this thing on and get it running. I want to know whats on it. He got it free, gave it to me because I have macs (but im no freaking expert).

Computers just work i don't know.
You can use the os x installation disc to remove the password. If you don't have you can use single user mode to kung fu it into making a new user that is an admin and then delete that users password, but thats too much work.