Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 11-03-2008, 11:38 AM   #21 (permalink)

My ipod recently crapped out on me. I have the 80GB classic. I did drop it once from the counter to the floor. I plugged it in to update the new podcasts, I decided that I needed to restore things because it wasn't playing the podcasts in order (I would start the KATG show from Isreal and then I heard Spooky from the 74-hour podcast).

So I clicked restore and 24 hours later my shit still wasn't ready...I shut down the computer and my ipod told me I needed to restore it. An hour later I plug it in again with the same results. Help!
Old 11-03-2008, 12:23 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattywhompas View Post
My ipod recently crapped out on me. I have the 80GB classic. I did drop it once from the counter to the floor. I plugged it in to update the new podcasts, I decided that I needed to restore things because it wasn't playing the podcasts in order (I would start the KATG show from Isreal and then I heard Spooky from the 74-hour podcast).

So I clicked restore and 24 hours later my shit still wasn't ready...I shut down the computer and my ipod told me I needed to restore it. An hour later I plug it in again with the same results. Help!
Mac or PC user?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptmunich View Post
Mac or PC user?
I have my ipod synced with my mac right now, but I also have a PC.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:50 PM   #24 (permalink)

My 2nd gen nano and 30gig iPod video need to be reset after every sync, or they just lock up when I go to use them. My new 4th gen nano doesn't do it. What's up? (I've done the restore and software is up to date, using vista pre-SP1 because the SP update doesn't get along with my PC)
Old 11-03-2008, 02:06 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayroob View Post
You can use the os x installation disc to remove the password. If you don't have you can use single user mode to kung fu it into making a new user that is an admin and then delete that users password, but thats too much work.
If you have the disk available, hold down the 'C' key on start-up to boot off it, and up in the Utilities Menu is a Password Utility or something, and from there reset the root password and the password for any users that he might want access to if there are any.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:58 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdrafttech View Post
My 2nd gen nano and 30gig iPod video need to be reset after every sync, or they just lock up when I go to use them. My new 4th gen nano doesn't do it. What's up? (I've done the restore and software is up to date, using vista pre-SP1 because the SP update doesn't get along with my PC)
Weird problem. Maybe your 2nd Gen and Video are set up as external drives and aren't being ejected, and freezing them up and your 4th Gen Nano isn't? Are you using different cables between the ones freezing up and the one that isn't? And iTunes and iPods had a bit of trouble with Vista pre-service Pack One, with BSODs on ejection, and other issues, so maybe sync with another computer and see if it locks up then, pref. a non Vista machine, or as a last resort, try reinstalling iTunes, or try to figure your Vista SP1 troubles out.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:34 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattywhompas View Post
I have my ipod synced with my mac right now, but I also have a PC.
Erase it using disk utility (breaking the iPod bit), then reconnect it and iTunes will tell you that iPod bit is missing and will fix it for you.

Hopefully that will rectify the problem.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:39 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bebe View Post
Been the same since I moved 6 weeks ago...
Some times when I try to run torrents and lv, lv will not connect. If you can connect to lv using another ISP, then your ISP is fucking you. If you can get another ISP do it, but most of the times (in the us) you only have 1-2 providers. A DSL and Cable.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:03 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aptmunich View Post
Erase it using disk utility (breaking the iPod bit), then reconnect it and iTunes will tell you that iPod bit is missing and will fix it for you.

Hopefully that will rectify the problem.
OK, I'm finally doing this, but when I try to do it I have options from the pull down menu, should I select:
  • Mac OS Extended (Journaled)
  • Mac OS Extended
  • Mac OS Extended (Case-sensitive, Journaled)
    • Mac OS Extended (Case-Sensitive)
    • MS-DOS File System
    • UNIX File System
Old 11-06-2008, 06:05 PM   #30 (permalink)

another problem I'm having right now....

I plugged in my external hard drive to back up my itunes and it isn't showing up on my desktop. I went to finder and it wasn't their either.

Please help!