Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-11-2008, 02:08 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metothemax View Post
i think ill take his word for it anyways

"Kruszelnicki's academic work spans several branches of science. He holds degrees in Mathematics, Biomedical Engineering, Medicine and Surgery, and he has also studied some Astrophysics, Computer Science and Philosophy."
Wow! He really does wear UGLY shirts!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I don't get it, how could it drain back into a cavity when there is solid bone behind almost the entire area you are talking about, the only section of that area that has an empty space behind it is just below your eye. Anywhere up to your cheekbone would just go into your mouth, which is disgusting, but not life threatening. I'm gonna have to call bullshit on the whole area, I suppose it's possible up near your eye because that goes directly into the ocular cavity, but anywhere below that it just doesn't seem likely. Then again, I'm not a scentist, that's just my practical opinion of the situation.
Old 08-11-2008, 03:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st0l3n View Post
Cottage Cheese?

My god, that shit is sick!!! But looks so satisfying too!
Old 08-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinR View Post
Well....fuck. Now I can't pop pimples without dying anymore?
Don't worry, you can still pop other people's pimples... if you don't mind them dying.
Old 08-11-2008, 06:43 PM   #15 (permalink)

The Purulent Pimples That Kill

this is what I found:

The Purulent Pimples That Kill

They are not different from the other purulent pimples. They have simply chosen a more strategical and dangerous site for their development. It reprersents a peculiar "quadrangle of death", situated between eyebrows, cheek - bones and upper lip. It includes also parts of the cheeks and the ridge of the nose. The danger comes from the fact that venous blood from this region drains directly to the brain through one small vein at the angle between nose and eyebrows called vena angularis. Every pimple is enveloped by a connective - tissue capsule which prevents spreading of pus around and underneath. When we squeeze or pick at the pimples we destroy their capsules. Pus spreads and reaches the brain with venous blood through vena angularis . Bacteria settle into its blood vessels and cause grave encephalitis(inflammation of the brain). This condition often ends with death because the treatment of brain inflammation is problematic and the access of drugs(even the most powerful antibiotics) to the affected areas - difficult.
Our Advice In This Case Is:

1. If you notice a pimple in this region, never squeeze it.

2. Wait till the pimple "ripens" and the top fills with purulent matter.

3. With a piece of cotton steeped with ethyl alcohol, pluck off only the top of the pimple without exercising pressure on its base.

4. Treat the opened pimple with iodine tincture periodically - once or twice a day until its full healing.

http://www.med.primasoft.bg/versions...nt_pimples.htm
Old 08-11-2008, 06:51 PM   #16 (permalink)

I call bullshit.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
I call bullshit.
I called it first asshole :P But seriously, I just don't believe this stuff. If this were really happening to more than 1 out a billion it would be well known and taught in health class in high school.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:58 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorjo View Post
Wow! He really does wear UGLY shirts!
Fact: His mother does his cloths shopping
Old 08-12-2008, 06:08 AM   #19 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinR View Post
Well....fuck. Now I can't pop pimples without dying anymore?
I know. Depressing, isn't it? I feel your pain. Maybe they should come out with like a fake face that grows pimples like a ChiaPet or something, so you can monitor its face and then squeeze the fuck out of it and know that a) you won't die and b) you won't end up hideously scarred or with a massive red beacon on your chin
Old 03-31-2013, 06:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizsquiz View Post
The source on the radio is a guy in Australia called Dr Karl Kruszelnicki, who is this science dude that despite the fact that he wears ugly shirts, actually makes an effort to make sciency shit relevant and interesting to regular people. I didn't believe it until I realised it was him.
I usually believe Dr Karl, but yikes o.0
Good incentive to leave my skin alone I guess...