Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-08-2006, 01:37 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul_r
Well it's been a while and they haven't been back to the honey pot. they basically ran out of steam after the free ones, the for sale ones where lower sound quality and the material wasn't as good.

Thats why they would need to keep the daily shows free yet provide value added items to the insiders. Not necessarily paying for a subscription but paying for greater access, special content, early release of DVD's, discount on sold shows. I am not trying to dictate how it should be done only showing that KATG could tier the service to help support the show.

That said, we need them to keep working so we can still have Clown Mondays. Actually, we really need the to get desperate so Keith has to go look for a job again. Imagine the shows.

By the way, grew up outside of Pittsburgh. Somerset was nothing more then a rest stop we hit on our way to 7 Springs.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 01:55 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by william
Satellite radio never made any sense to me, Part of the appeal of traveling cross country is discovering great independent stations, listening to the local news and commercials, getting a flavor for each town and city you visit.
Yeah, but what if you hate the music of the geographic area you're travelling through? Or in some cases, there isn't anything but religious or right-wing political talk? NO THANK YOU. Living in Oregon and driving back and forth to Northern Washington and Northern California, a lot of times there isn't anything at all on the radio, just static. Booooring. (Though now I can take KATG, which I did last time I drove to Eastern Oregon, even though I have Sirius in my car.)
Old 08-08-2006, 06:54 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by william
Satellite radio never made any sense to me, Part of the appeal of traveling cross country is discovering great independent stations, listening to the local news and commercials, getting a flavor for each town and city you visit.

Most of us hate the mono-culture that chain stores bring. The same merchandise and chain stores exist throughout the U.S. regional flavors are disappearing exacerbated by the escalating real-estate market (btw, The Suppranos touched on this briefly.)

Clear Channel developed a huge FM network, eliminating DJs and local lineups and replacing them with Youll hear this [insert top 100 track] in sixty seconds No matter where you were it was the same HOT station with different call signs. Bleh.

So now comes the advent of satellite radio with the promise that no matter where you are, you can listen to the same station. What the fuck? Unless Im a trucker or make my living on the road, having satellite radio would take away the appeal of tuning into the local radio in Wichita, KS. and hearing whats for sale on Main Street and who the mayors fucking.
Yet if you lived in Buttfucknowhere and there simply wasn't a good station to be found you'd be thankful for it.

We have a couple of radio stations in town, and they all suck huge ass. I had my first satellite radio experience today at work and thought it was great.

Listened to Howard and then Jay and I didn't have to keep my iPod plugged to my head to hear something I wanted to hear. For someone like me it's a great idea.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:51 PM   #34 (permalink)

i totally agree with rob. most do listen to sirius for howard, hell i do. i diddnt sign up to listen to podcasts and martha fuckin stewart, i signed up for howard and raw dog comedy.