Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By Keith
  • 2 Post By Keith
  • 2 Post By shoebootie
  • 3 Post By shoebootie
  • 1 Post By Paige_H

Old 09-22-2021, 03:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Public OMAT club responses

OMAT Club has a private thread on this forums, but I want to also have a thread for everyone to read as well. To my OMATers, let's share info (openly) here and change some lives.

For example, the Procrastination section definitely has me on top of things more, while the Gratitude section cheers me up any time I'm having a bad moment.
The Girl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:06 AM   #2 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

When I made a good move in chat poker I literally patted myself on the back.

Guess who just won poker? Me, knowing my worth.
The Girl and Paige_H like this.
Old 09-23-2021, 08:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I don't have time in my schedule right now to be apart of the OMAT club, but I still make sure to do my OMATs daily, and made a special template in my reusable notebook. OMAT got me through some of the roughest pandemic shit. Isolation, anxiety, overwhelming things.. OMAT along with some therapy, and now hearing Chemda's gentle tone in my head "and drink a little water..." My shit is together.

I'm conquering things I procrastinate on. Doing something for one minute leads you to feeling empowered to doing more shit for other minutes too! It's a trick, but a great trick.

With OMAT, I realized I am capable of doing so much more than the bare minimum. I enrolled in college to pursue my passion, and I'm working hard to get my environmental science degree. OMAT helps me tackle things and stay centered. Between working full time, going to college, being a mom in a pandemic I'd been feeling behind the 8 ball on everything. I'd been so used to my life feeling like chaos, that now when everything is together and I'm all caught up, it was a weird feeling at first. "There's gotta be a trick, I must be missing something crucial that's going to bite me in the ass later...." After getting comfortable with trusting that I really am getting things done, I don't have that worry of disorganization in the back of my head.
Keith and The Girl like this.
Old 09-23-2021, 09:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Here are my little notebook pics with my OMAT page

Old 09-27-2021, 11:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoebootie View Post
Here are my little notebook pics with my OMAT page

Love that you shared this and your thoughts. Thank you!
Old 09-29-2021, 09:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Every OMAT exercise helps me in various ways so I will probably post a few times, but yesterday I found the writing exercise to be super helpful while dealing with the overwhelming stress I was feeling at my job. I gave myself 5 minutes to write down what was whirling around in my head and was then able to identify and prioritize what really needed my attention. Before OMAT I don’t think I would have thought to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Girl likes this.