Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-02-2006, 09:44 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe
That, I agree with. And I was getting frustrated because what I wrote was not being read and just random bullshit was being written in reply.
And is this news to you? I think that's the norm for a lot of shit. spooky and ooda may disagree.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2006, 10:57 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather
Curry is a douche, but a smart douche. As of this moment, there is no real big money in podcasting, but satellite radio is another story, although that well might be drying up. XM and Sirius have been throwing down sick cash to try to find the next 'big' hit. I think Curry is using Podshow as a minor league for his Sirius channel.
A) bullshit. Sirius is not drying up. Also, bullshit to the FCC governing it. It's paid subscription. FCC can't and isn't touching them.

B) You can't tell how many people listen to your show on Sirius. The only thing you can tell is how many people subscribe to Sirius service. Howard stern has said this over and over again.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:10 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali
A) bullshit. Sirius is not drying up. Also, bullshit to the FCC governing it. It's paid subscription. FCC can't and isn't touching them.

B) You can't tell how many people listen to your show on Sirius. The only thing you can tell is how many people subscribe to Sirius service. Howard stern has said this over and over again.
Sirius is not 'drying up', but the mad jack that they were throwing out is. Look at their quarterly reports. . . Because Sirius uses Satellites, their content is not monitored by the FCC, but yes, what they do is regulated by the FCC. They obviously couldn't broadcast on any channel-the DoD might have a problem with that. Also, like there are Nielsen ratings for TV, the same type of ratings are in place with satellite. And, oh yeah, Howard Stern knows all? I disagree with you, but still love the tat.
Old 08-02-2006, 11:13 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali

As far as point A is concerned... If they were, I don't think Mark could say Cunt Mouth over and over again.

I'm going to guess that The Godfather has a point. There must be some way of monitoring who's listening. Local radio knows their numbers, how do they do that?

On a side note, this was just weird:

users online
1 members and 0 guests
stjoe

Where'd everyone go? Did a bomb hit Quad's HQ?
Old 08-02-2006, 11:35 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe
That, I agree with. And I was getting frustrated because what I wrote was not being read and just random bullshit was being written in reply.

writes random bullshit
Old 08-02-2006, 11:44 AM   #16 (permalink)

Going off on a tangent here, but it seems like there are people on the forums who are somewhat quick to call bullshit, instead of reading, thinking and responding. I think Mali is pretty fucking cool, but for her to imply that Sirius is not regulated at all by the FCC, that they have a ton of money to blow or that they have no way of tracking the popularity of the Sirius shows doesn't make sense to me. That is why I think there are so many members with only a couple of posts-they voice an opinion and then get attacked. . .
Old 08-02-2006, 12:13 PM   #17 (permalink)

I do read. I know that they can't broadcast on certain frequencies.. whatev. The whole argument du jour is regulated content. SO far the FCC has no hand in it. Though i know they would love to. I know because i read. I pay attention to that shit. I also know that the FCC doesn't regulate content on subscription paid cable channels. YOu think the Sopranos would be around if they did? And also, I know this because I read, and listen to news. Especially when its concerning technology that I subscribe to.

I never said Howard knows all. He is pretty open and honest about shit, and he says it all the time.. they don't know who listens to what shows. They can tell how many people call in to a show during the time. If he had listener numbers, there were plenty of times he would throw down with the info. It would be to sirius's advantage.

"but for her to imply that Sirius is not regulated at all by the FCC, that they have a ton of money to blow or that they have no way of tracking the popularity of the Sirius shows doesn't make sense to me."

I never said they have a ton of money to blow. However I do know that Mel is a bright man, with intelligent business practices. I worked at Viacom for a couple years. And, you saying "It doesn't make sense to me" implies that you aren't reading anything.

And yes, in the tradition of flaming BBS's, i'm harsh at times. but isn't that what the forums are known for? /spooky shrug
Old 08-02-2006, 12:27 PM   #18 (permalink)

And yes, in the tradition of flaming BBS's, i'm harsh at times. but isn't that what the forums are known for?

I remember back in the day with my SE/30 on Prodigy. I guess I don't get the whole idea of 'flaming'-its just not in my nature. If anything, i apologize too much. . . What did you think about the talk of Sirius merging/taking over XM?
Old 08-02-2006, 12:31 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Godfather
And yes, in the tradition of flaming BBS's, i'm harsh at times. but isn't that what the forums are known for?

I remember back in the day with my SE/30 on Prodigy. I guess I don't get the whole idea of 'flaming'-its just not in my nature. If anything, i apologize too much. . . What did you think about the talk of Sirius merging/taking over XM?
I hadn't heard that. However I have heard that Sirius is coming up with a converter kit for new cars that come with XM.
Old 08-02-2006, 12:32 PM   #20 (permalink)

I find the 'race' between XM and Sirius kinda like the dot.com rush of a decade ago. Companies throwing mad jack into advertising and websites, their stock going through the roof, and the whole time reporting big loses every quarter. Huge money was thrown at Oprah and Stern, and from what I have heard (including Stern's comment about people subscribing to listen to him) they aren't getting the subscriber numbers they wanted.