Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 02-08-2006, 09:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

the hard candy video trailer was pretty cool....the audio rocked the truck when I played it on the lappy.

Nick...that's a lot of sick days.

Seen most of those but you list a couple that look really interesting that I have yet to see. Station agent, looks real funny and I love Rolling Rock. Road to perdition, I been meaning to see that for a while.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:49 PM   #12 (permalink)

Movies Nick Postagulous wants to see, spooky's review

National Treasure really disappointed, was hoping for a pretty intellectual exploration of the freemasons involvement in early government crossed with a little indiana jones. and i like nicholas cage. anyway, it ended up seeming like a hardy boys novel you read as a kid, it was way too shallow, the action was under done, id give it 2 stars. catch it when it comes to cable TV.
Batman Begins the best batman movie to date. good character developement of bruce wayne, you dont feel like your on a tiny set all the time. action was decent, most of the characters compelling, worth owning on DVD, 4 1/2 stars.
Electra i was hoping this was going to be better. it was so bad, i couldnt sit through it all the way. i liked the directors take on the XFiles movie, i had hoped he had refined his craft a bit, but its just not the case, the movie sucked, flat out. i wouldnt waste my time, even on TV for free.
Mr. and Mrs. Smith i like brad pitt. jolie is hot. action movies i like. but this still sucked soooo bad. it made no sense. they wear bullet proof vests, and like a hundred bad guys are shooting full auto weapons at them, and some how, they only get hit in the vest...hit so many times, i might add, that the shirts they wear all but disintergrate, but somehow they never get hit anywhere else....and its still such a shallow movie, i couldnt sit all the way through, i had to come back and finish it. dont even watch it on TV, i know the previews look like its at least a fun action movie, but really, its not.
Fantastic Four kinda lame, i thought, but watch it anyways, theres enough good FX and just enough story to keep you from being bored. catch it on HBO.
Traffic good movie, i own it, but its still overrated. maybe if they included a little more of the ins and outs of the drug trade business, i feel like they only scratched the surface. good acting all the way around, good characters, worth renting for sure.
Munich i enjoyed it, but it seems like they could have done some editing. you have to be familiar with the political scene in isreal and the middle east in that time frame, or your gonna have trouble getting a few things. not anywhere near as good as schindlers list, very long too, but still worth renting.
Super Size Me seems a bit far fetched. his metabolism didnt have time to adjust. he literally sat on his ass for a month and had mcdonalds delivered. hes a cool guy though, and his personality helps you get through the movie. at one point, you meet a guy who had eaten like 10,000 big macs, and he seems somewhat healthy, and very skinny, so you have to wonder a bit about the main guy. watch it, youll enjoy, but its not an accurate representation of american health habits, its an absolute worst case scenario possible.
Lord of War again, i like nicholas cage. good character study, from the point of view of the 'bad guy'. you learn a little about arms dealing, its accurate for the timeline it follows. its very enjoyable. worth owning on DVD i think.
Road to Perdition based on the comic book, follows it pretty closely, id say. the pacing seems a bit strange for film, i think it could have used a rewrite of the script for cinema. slow movie, also a very quiet movie, but decent acting all the way around. rent it, but be prepared for a depressing movie.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.

Last edited by spooky; 02-08-2006 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:58 AM   #13 (permalink)

I am currently endorsing the following movies....

Nacho Libre...Jack Black. That's all I needs to say about that

http://www.aintitcool.com/Nacho_medium_vid.html

And a movie that is Spike Lee Presents yet still manages to be interesting

Confederate States of America

http://www.csathemovie.com/
Old 02-09-2006, 01:01 AM   #14 (permalink)

Spooky Movies

I'll agree on Batman Begins...amazing.

I disagree on Mr. & Mrs. Smith. I was expecting believeable and if you take for a fun, high octane ride, it is that. Plus Angelina Jolie is so fucking hot I want to punch myself in the face repeatedly.

Fantastic Four, I agree, was a letdown. Marvel seems to go one good, one bad, one good. The good: both Spiderman and both X-Men. The bad: Daredevil, Hulk, Elektra, Fantastic Four.

I just saw War of the Worlds and what a crapfest. Alternatively, I saw House of Wax and really found it enjoyable, especially with Paris 'Skank' Hilton being killed...badly.

SHAMELESS PLUG: At my blog, I just added a new feature called Movie Review Haiku. Check it at patricksays.blogspot.com.

Patrick D.
Old 02-09-2006, 08:57 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickd88
Marvel seems to go one good, one bad, one good. The good: both Spiderman and both X-Men. The bad: Daredevil, Hulk, Elektra, Fantastic Four.

I just saw War of the Worlds and what a crapfest. .
See, different people like different things. My wife cannot understandy why I must watch Saving Private Ryan and Black Hawk Down at least once a year. (Hmm, need to watch SPR.)

I liked Daredevil. I liked Hulk, but haven't seen it since the theater, even though I own it on DVD (free from Kraft). Haven't seen Elektra of Fantastic Four, but, if you go in knowing it's crap, it's often better than you think.

Examples of movies I was told were crap and weren't that bad are both those mars movies that came out at the same time, and uh, can't remember the name, Jurrassic Park man on the satanistic space station.

Oh, and I loved War of the Worlds. Just wish it was anyone but Cruise, I can't stand him. But, I do own Minority Report (Brilliant) and Last Samauri (Dances with Stereotyped incorrect-history Japanese).
Old 02-09-2006, 09:30 AM   #16 (permalink)

Skip,
Flightplan
National Treasure
Elecktra
fantastic four
doom

That right there is 10 hours of my life that I will never get back.
Old 02-09-2006, 11:25 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Postagulous
Examples of movies I was told were crap and weren't that bad are both those mars movies that came out at the same time, and uh, can't remember the name, Jurrassic Park man on the satanistic space station.
event horizon. pretty damned cool movie, who told you that sucked?
Old 02-16-2006, 10:34 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
event horizon. pretty damned cool movie, who told you that sucked?
Dude, it does suck. But it's pretty good.

New movie I found out about:

http://www.specialthemovie.com/trailer_large.html
Old 10-31-2006, 12:04 PM   #19 (permalink)

Bumping this because I just watched Hard Candy and I figured someone had to have talked about it. I didn't start a new useless thread, aren't you all proud of me?!?

I'd like to know what guys think about this movie. I just don't think I was as moved by the "castration" scene as a guy would be. I was actually cheering her on at that point, and we didn't even know if he was really a child rapist who'd murdered a little girl...just that he had a child fetish.

I was worried that I'd be seeing a little girl reading a comic book while some old man pounded at her from behind (Lolita). Instead, I see a sociopath and a pedophile locking horns. It's like two perfectly matched monsters found each other via the magic of the Internet. How sweet.

I think the actress did a good job. I was scared of her. Can we make pedophiles watch this movie in prison?
Old 10-31-2006, 12:12 PM   #20 (permalink)

Turrenting it, will report back.