Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-24-2010, 05:43 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotparker View Post
for me, the best part of the movie was the moment the credits appeared and some dude in the theater stood up in his seat, grabbed his head, and yelled, "DUDE!!!"
When the credits came on when I saw it, the who audience in unison went NOOO! no joke.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:07 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
for me, the best part of the movie was the moment the credits appeared and some dude in the theater stood up in his seat, grabbed his head, and yelled, "DUDE!!!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bankyanks View Post
When the credits came on when I saw it, the who audience in unison went NOOO! no joke.
Yep, same shit happened when I saw it. Hilarious stuff. Best theater reaction to a movie I've seen yet.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

So I just saw it for the second time, and I know this thread is kinda pointless since, unless there's a sequel, why bother breaking it down.

But ya, in regards to some of the points I'd listed earlier:

- It can't ALL be a fourth level dream because the top falls over after Cobb spins it waiting on the helicopter

- However when they meet the chemist Cobb goes under with the special cocktail and "wakes up" moments later. When he spins it in the bathroom he's interrupted and drops it. From that point forward he never spins it again to check. That would be where he hits the first level.

- Can't see how the idea that it's Mal's inception, but totally see how it could be Ariande's. Once she saw how bad he's got it, she might have wanted to plant the idea "I have to move on from her in Limbo".
Old 07-24-2010, 09:52 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrucial View Post

- Can't see how the idea that it's Mal's inception, but totally see how it could be Ariande's. Once she saw how bad he's got it, she might have wanted to plant the idea "I have to move on from her in Limbo".
I never thought of that. That is a good theory!
Old 07-24-2010, 11:44 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
I always find it weird when people yell my name at the end of a movie.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:31 AM   #26 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
I always find it weird when people yell my name at the end of a movie.
It's kinda ridiculous that I've seen you all over the forums... but its this one that made me realize we need more film threads. You impress me sir.
Old 07-25-2010, 03:41 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecrucial View Post
It's kinda ridiculous that I've seen you all over the forums... but its this one that made me realize we need more film threads. You impress me sir.
Thanks, I find you pretty "crucial" to the forums as well.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:49 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankyanks View Post
I never thought of that. That is a good theory!
I like that theory cause it reminds me of the "Memento" story twist. Speaking of Memento, we should all watch that again in honor of Inception.

I think its the better film, it has less flaws and better characters.

That is the problem with Inception, the visual story telling is so epic, its impossible to give a shit about the characters in it. It doesn't really affect the entertainment value, but when you compare it to other Nolan films you cant help but miss those interesting characters well rounded personalities.

I would go as far as to predict Inception gets nominated/wins for all Oscar category's but acting. I don't even think it deserves an acting nomination. Not that they were bad performances, they just lost the spot light to Chris Nolan's role.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:24 PM   #29 (permalink)

I expected the ending the second they said that his totem used to be her totem. It instantly defeated the whole purpose of the totem, knowing which world was real because only you know how the totem feels.

The idea also had the flaw that it would not work in a world your own mind created because you know the totem already. His mind could be stuck in a trap, where the old man is the boundary that redirects him back into the maze of the world he thinks is real. If the limbo is his own subconscious trap, the top will only fall over when he believes he is out of the dream.

Last edited by Ansur; 07-25-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyeshawn View Post
Speaking of Memento, we should all watch that again in honor of Inception.
I'm gonna give Nolan's other film "Following" a shot actually. *reporting back when it's over*