Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 12-15-2006, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Support our Troops: Aussie and Canuck edition

As mentioned on the show recently and covered by a few threads here, we should all be supporting our troops as they work abroad, away from family and friends.

After doing a quick search around, I came across the DOD America Supports You page listing all the adopt-a-serviceman websites available, and there are a LOT.

Being an Aussie guy living in Canada I'd like to support the troops. I don't have a problem with the US Army but I would like to show some of my own patriotism and sponsor an Australian or Canadian. Turning back to the search I came across Canadian Angels but it's an extremely small website and hard to tell if it's still being updated. I managed to find a guy called Peter Delvin, a Canadian Officer within the US Army on the Any Soldier site and he seems like a really nice guy.

Anyway, my question is does anyone personally know some Canadian or Aussie troops stuck over in a sand country that could use some support from back home? KATG community lets get together and show them we care.

Peace.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:50 PM   #2 (permalink)

I think I found the reason why there's no Any Soldier site Australian edition. On the Defence site they have now started a "Message to the troops" page. Although you can send a generic postcard/fax/email to the troops in general, you can't send care packages using that system.

If anyone knows Aussie troops I'll be heading home in a few months so I can send the vegemite etc from there.

Also, nothing says "fuck you insurgents" better than a Keith and The Girl tshirt.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

Have a bite of my vegimite sammich....

Its been many years since Ive heard air supply, and I liked it.

All troops rock, cause they hear the call, and answer.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:46 PM   #4 (permalink)

I know tons of guys in Afghanistan and overseas at the moment. Let me do some digging, I think there's a website for this as well that you might not have seen yet. I can view the complete list of personnel deployed on my screen at work, but that's not exactly considered 'proper use' of the system and might have unforeseen security issues... (ya think?)