Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-26-2010, 11:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Tech Support for Burning DVDs.

So, here's the deal. I downloaded Salute your Shorts, seasons 1 and 2. Usually when I download things, they're in easy to stream-to-my-360-and-ps3 formats. Not this one!

It's two folders with VOB files. The "readme" says it's in "easy to burn to DVD format". Well, I've been around the net a bit and tried downloading a few things, but I can't get this shit to work. So? I'm coming to you guys for an easy answer.

You will be paid with moderate adoration.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 12:38 AM   #2 (permalink)

While I have no idea how to help you, I did want to say that the fact that you downloaded Salute Your Shorts makes you fucking awesome.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

I had the series a while back on some bootlegs a roomie had bought on eBay. And we made a drinking game for it, such as "whenever Dr. Kahn makes an announcement, drink" and "whenever Buttnick is scheming, two drinks".

Special rules for hippie chick being a hippie and Sponge being smart. The episode where Sponge is trying to win the radio trivia challenge messed us up pretty solid.
Old 07-27-2010, 01:55 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocobomoshpit View Post
The episode where Sponge is trying to win the radio trivia challenge messed us up pretty solid.
"Big...black...tongue."
Old 07-27-2010, 04:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

.vob files are what make up DVDs but unfortunately, you can't simply burn them to a DVD and hope for it to play correctly (odd, I know).

If you have just the .vob files and nothing else, you're missing the .ifo/.bup files. Use this program to help you create them using the .vobs: http://www.ifoedit.com/

If you have all the files, make two folders: VIDEO_TS (all the .vob, .ifo, & .bup files go in here) and a AUDIO_TS folder (this one can be empty). These two folders will make up your DVD disc.

If you don't want to use Nero Burning ROM/Express (which has a "Make Video DVD" option which would allow you to burn a DVD player compatible disc), you can use ImgBurn (free and light-weight): http://www.imgburn.com. Here are some instructions if you plan to go this route: http://www.gromkov.com/faq/faq2004-0026.html

Last edited by Incognito; 07-27-2010 at 04:15 AM.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

DVD Shrink is another option:

Download DVD Shrink 3.2.0.15 - FileHippo.com

fire it up, press the "Open Files" button, and then select the folder with the VOBs and hit OK. after it's done, insert a blank DVD and hit "Backup" and then the OK button. voila!
Old 07-27-2010, 07:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

AH. See, none of the video files were in a VIDEO_TS folder! That explains fuckin' everything. I already had all the programs you guys have mentioned, so I should be able to figure it out from here. Thanks so much for your help!

Infinite adoration for you all.