Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-01-2006, 03:42 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJARE
No! But you would have a better chance at that, than being an unwed teenage mother!
Hehe.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 03:49 AM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickmyballssuckmy
Maybe just seeing Howie will scare them into not reproducing. I met him one time in Kansas City back when he was funny and could touch things. And when he had his talk show, I really wanted him to succeed but it just sucked.
It's always a risk comedians doing talk shows. Maybe Howie got career advice from Chevy Chase?
Old 08-01-2006, 04:00 AM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
I already wrote a lot, but I don't think I chimed on on forced abortion. very quickly, I say no. Partially because I'm not into forced anything because I don't believe there is a cookie cutter answer to things, especially when it affects peoples lives. And partially because caring about people is not something government is good at. Laundering money? Cheating on elections? Being power-hungry assholes? Let the goverment do those things. That's what they do best. Care about people? I say a non-political organization that offers ALL options and employs a bunch of caring people has a better chance. Have some religious people in there and have some pro-fetuskilling people in there (sorry) and find a way to put all the options on the table and let the person practice making an important decision that matters. Man. Why can't I write short tings?
Yeah, forced abortion is probably too far, but it seems like the main thing that really should be done, not matter what side of the topic you're coming from, is that awareness about what a teenager can do if she gets pregnant. I mean, as it is now, there is no requirement for her to get an abortion or put the child up for adoption, but not enough girls (just because they get pregnant doesn't necessarily make them women) know what to do, even when it comes to simple things like how to care for themselves so as to maximize the chances that the baby will be born healthy.

But also like you said lickmy (I still can't get over writing that in the middle of a serious statement), there also has to be an objective view put forward. Sure, there are some risks related to abortions (not so much now, and more of an issue if you get numerous abortions), but there are risks that have to be taken into account. But there also are advantages. Just because someone thinks that it would be cool to have a baby, it's not like a doll or a puppy that you can just put down (I literally mean put down, not kill) and then go do your own business. It's like getting a full time job, and at least for the first few years, one with plenty of overtime. Coupled with that, whatever you do, even if it isn't obvious, has an effect on the child, so if you are going to go down this path, then it's something that you should be prepared for.

With adoptions, yeah, you will suffer some form of depression, but that should also be weighed against whether you are yourself able to raise a child properly. Have you even finished growing yourself?

Maybe just sending some sort of information pack outlining all the options, and the pros and cons of each to pregnant teenagers, or at least boosting the funding to planned parenthood would be a start.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:07 AM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
umm...kids emulate, its what they do, dont measure society based on the behavior of its children
Compare kids in America to kids in Japan, and the difference becomes apparent.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:20 AM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
to those of us that read it, its self explainatory, and we appreciate you taking the time. im still rolling it around in my head, the pros and cons, and also if society intends to make an eventual shift away from individualism, which would put the ball into play with this idea....
A point of note is that non of those articles deal with forced adoption. Rather I was hoping just to better point of the risks involved with teenage pregnancy, and that something should be done. If this thread achieves anything, then I hope it just gets people thinking about matter at hand.

Another thing that I didn't properly take into account was the political ramifications of the idea. Kind of like the idea that you raise spooky, that it would take a change in society for the idea to even seem feasible.

Then again, I probably would have been lambasted if I had suggested something like every family can only have one child. Different strokes for different folks (I think that's the way the saying goes).
Old 08-01-2006, 05:10 AM   #76 (permalink)

Don't they pay people to have kids in Australia? You guys are the opposite of China.

I know it's weird writing lickmy in the middle of sentences. I like it better when chicks do it or when I log in to the forums and the Online Users box says "lickmyballssuckmy, Annie" or "lickmyballssuckmy, Blitzgal".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooda
A point of note is that non of those articles deal with forced adoption. Rather I was hoping just to better point of the risks involved with teenage pregnancy, and that something should be done. If this thread achieves anything, then I hope it just gets people thinking about matter at hand.

Another thing that I didn't properly take into account was the political ramifications of the idea. Kind of like the idea that you raise spooky, that it would take a change in society for the idea to even seem feasible.

Then again, I probably would have been lambasted if I had suggested something like every family can only have one child. Different strokes for different folks (I think that's the way the saying goes).
Old 08-01-2006, 05:42 AM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't they pay people to have kids in Australia? You guys are the opposite of China.
They actually just bumped up the welfare paid to people to have kids a couple months back. I honestly can't see how this can backfire!

Quote:
I know it's weird writing lickmy in the middle of sentences. I like it better when chicks do it or when I log in to the forums and the Online Users box says "lickmyballssuckmy, Annie" or "lickmyballssuckmy, Blitzgal".
Hehe. Only Dr Dan can surpass your passion Lickmy. /wink
Old 08-01-2006, 06:09 AM   #78 (permalink)

ok.. That wink was a little creepy.. haha
Old 08-01-2006, 06:35 AM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
ok.. That wink was a little creepy.. haha
It's only creepy if you tell yourself it's creepy. /big wink
Old 08-02-2006, 04:28 AM   #80 (permalink)

ok.. now I'm skeeved.