Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-14-2010, 07:05 PM   #21 (permalink)

Thanks Spooky....I just listened an episode and look forward to many more!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I love this podcast. It is teaching me a bunch of life lessons and junk (not as much as KATG) plus I usually end up with a contented peaceful feeling after it is over.
Question: What happened to Brad? He's being all sincere and crap in the thread. Fag. <3
Old 06-15-2010, 11:01 AM   #23 (permalink)

nice!
I have been hoping to find another good podcast

subscribed
and
downloading
Old 06-15-2010, 12:15 PM   #24 (permalink)

Listened to all the episodes, didn't know he was that smart. Few of his stories even got me choked up.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:49 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretters View Post
Listened to all the episodes, didn't know he was that smart. Few of his stories even got me choked up.
Yeah, I finished them a couple days ago. I've always liked him, in a funny background character sort of way. But having heard all this, I could watch him star in just about anything. The guy is just amazing.

I look forward to seeing him in Californication next season.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #26 (permalink)

I've only listened to about 10 episodes so far, but I'm hooked. He was always one of those actors that I always recognized, since he's been in everything, I just never knew his name.

My favorite up til' now is the one where he talks about trying to hide from the tornadoes. I can relate, livin' in Tornado Alley and whatnot.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #27 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I think he has a really good storytelling voice. I guess part of it is that he has that DFW accent and I've always loved almost any accent from the southern states. It often seems like storytelling is in the DNA of people from that part of the world and their accents are perfect for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretters View Post
Few of his stories even got me choked up.
He gets me sometimes too. The first time was early on when he did that kind of whistful, sentimental episode about what Davy Crockett meant to him as a kid, and how it broke his heart a little bit when he saw Davy die. And then not long after that he does the episode where he talks about the time that bull got loose on the set of Wild Hogs, and how that wrangler rode on in and dealt with the animal and showed the same kind of courage, skill and coolness under pressure as was embobied by his childhood hero (as well as that great reveal I'm not going to spoil here). And he ends, perfectly, with: "Davy Crockett rides again," like he's realised something beautiful from his youth that he thought was lost isn't really lost at all. It's just in places he didn't think to look before. It's pretty damn great storytelling.

And every now and then you can hear him choke up a little bit as he tells a story about something very personal and that gets me too. He's so ridiculously likeable, the kind of guy you wish was your uncle or something. And he's been in every movie and TV show ever made.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:25 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by typicallistener View Post
Will listening get Keith and Chemda back together.
they'll never get back together as long as you keep touching yourself at night. have some fucking self control man...
Old 06-18-2010, 11:25 AM   #29 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
Am I in the minority, without a stick up my ass over the break up of Keith and Chemda?
No, i dont really care either. If they're ok, i'm ok. Their life not mine.

Will have to check the podcast. Wanted to do it back when Bucho reccomended it, but following podcasts is tough for me. I find myself loosing track more and more, even with the ones i like (Like WTF. I'm a month and a half behind on that one).
Old 07-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #30 (permalink)

Wow , what a great series of podcasts! Incredible depth, comedy and story telling genius. A must listen. 5 stars!

Stephen is an amazing storyteller and has a huge bank of experience to draw from.

I am ordering his birthday party DVD that started it all. Will post after viewing. Looks great. The trailers are hilarious.