Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 10-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Travel advice

So we're heading out to a southern destination dream trip...all inclusive. Looking for your best tips on traveling from how much to tip to what to pack on your carry on, any and all wisdom welcome

Thanks forums, you guys know lot's of stuff i've noticed
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 12:40 PM   #2 (permalink)

I love to travel!!! I've been all over the Caribbean and looking forward to Costa Rica soon (fingers crossed).

Whats your destination?
Old 10-31-2012, 12:43 PM   #3 (permalink)

Punta Cana....can you trust long range weather reports?
Old 10-31-2012, 12:50 PM   #4 (permalink)

Punta Cana is gorgeous. It looks like paradise.

The last time I was there, I stayed at Dreams resorts which was marvelous. And in regards to weather reports - no, not really. Even when it rains, it's still hot. The rain will probably be on and off for your trip, as it was for us the last time we went in October.

If you're looking for extra trips outside of the resort - DO NOT take the first price that is offered to you. You can usually push it down by at least 40%. I really recommend the tour on ATVs. They take you to a secluded beach with cliffs over the water.

re: Tips - the more you tip the nicer everyone is around you. Leave a dollar or two on the bed everyday for the maid. Leave about two dollars for the servers after dinner (I don't remember ever tipping for lunch).

As for packing - bathing suit, and a change of underwear. Maybe a couple of nice dresses for dinners. Oh! and 35 spf sun block.

p.s. I'm super jealous

Last edited by sex_n_diamonds; 10-31-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

What to pack: me, I fit nicely into a suitcase or duffle bag and once we get off the plane you wont see me for the rest of the vacation.......

Have fun it sounds like it will be a blast.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:05 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sex_n_diamonds View Post
Punta Cana is gorgeous. It looks like paradise.

The last time I was there, I stayed at Dreams resorts which was marvelous. And in regards to weather reports - no, not really. Even when it rains, it's still hot. The rain will probably be on and off for your trip, as it was for us the last time we went in October.

If you're looking for extra trips outside of the resort - DO NOT take the first price that is offered to you. You can usually push it down by at least 40%. I really recommend the tour on ATVs. They take you to a secluded beach with cliffs over the water.

re: Tips - the more you tip the nicer everyone is around you. Leave a dollar or two on the bed everyday for the maid. Leave about two dollars for the servers after dinner (I don't remember ever tipping for lunch).

As for packing - bathing suit, and a change of underwear. Maybe a couple of nice dresses for dinners. Oh! and 35 spf sun block.

p.s. I'm super jealous
Funny you should say that...

I have been stalking DREAMS because it os about 20k to the resort we are going to (princess) Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana: Web
I've been watching ppl get drunk at the pool bar all week HAHAHAH

I have 150$ in singles for tips. My uncle recommended wearing my money belt in the pool to tip at the pool bar, they don't care if the bills are wet HHAHAH. I ONLY have 40$ for souvenirs. I bought a luggage scale so I guess ppl will be getting a lot of rocks and shells as gifts (cheapskate ) when we come back I read the rum is like 10$ American a bottle. I have 3 bathing suits and a bunch of suit cover ups (burn real easy) and a HUGE floppy hate, i'll post pics when I get back.

I'm excited but it's tempered by my anxiety about leaving our son for the first time. I feel actually physically sick because of it. I think the cure is rum...i'm going to test the theory
Old 10-31-2012, 01:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtballard View Post
What to pack: me, I fit nicely into a suitcase or duffle bag and once we get off the plane you wont see me for the rest of the vacation.......

Have fun it sounds like it will be a blast.
My luggage scale only goes up to 80 pounds, sorry honey

HAHAHAH
Old 10-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
Not past 7-10 days

If it's all inclusive, you usually don't tip at all. Maybe a small amount for the maid at the end of your stay.
Hmm, what I read, you tip EVERYONE...bell hops, concierges, barmen, waiters and waitresses and maids daily. I'm hoping 150$ is enough.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
Hmm, what I read, you tip EVERYONE...bell hops, concierges, barmen, waiters and waitresses and maids daily. I'm hoping 150$ is enough.
bell hops - yes

concierges - no

servers - yes

maids - yes

Careful about over tipping - some times it brings unwanted attention. It's easy to get into a situation where once people know you have money, they will pester you constantly. It can easily ruin your vacay. Just passing on some of my wisdom.
Old 10-31-2012, 01:43 PM   #10 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
and a HUGE floppy hate
flexible

i love you