Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 09-09-2008, 04:17 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I think it's funny - nay, high-larious - that people pick on over-acted accents when they haven't heard people from the respected places, i.e. Chemda's Israeli accent as well as her Texas drawl were called ridiculous until people saw it for themselves.

I didn't hear a southern accent. I heard a trash accent. And it wasn't exaggerated.

Trust me, people talk all different ridiculous ways.
Then those people talk fucking annoying.

And a black girl with that voice just looks ... silly, especially when the script mixes her trash accent with a stereotypical "no you di'nt *snaps fingers*" attitude/lines.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 04:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

The only accent I had a problem with was the black girl in the scene where she quit her job... it sounded a little phoney and forced. Nothing else sounded too far off otherwise.

I dug this show though. I think the second episode is out there to be downloaded and I'll try to grab it tonight.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

Yeah, I've seen people bitching about the stereotypical "sassy black friend."
Old 09-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Chemda's Israeli accent as well as her Texas drawl were called ridiculous until people saw it for themselves.
I haven't heard her Texas drawl, but I have heard her Israeli accent and from working for an Israeli company for 2+ years I gotta say, it is perfect. That makes sense since her parents are still there and she has (I am assuming) interacted with a lot of Israelis.
Old 09-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #15 (permalink)

even though i'm one of maybe a dozen heterosexual males in america that was a die-hard fan of 'six feet under', i didn't watch, nor do i plan on watching, 'true blood'

that being said, drama's line about the entire country being on meth during the season premier of 'entourage' made heineken shoot out of my nose
Old 09-09-2008, 05:18 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by typicallistener View Post
even though i'm one of maybe a dozen heterosexual males in america that was a die-hard fan of 'six feet under'
I don't get that. There was really only a 2-3 gay characters in the show and I would think Nate (hetero) was an easy character to identify with; given all his daddy issues, feeling trapped by life, etc...
Old 09-09-2008, 05:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile_E_Peyote View Post
I don't get that. There was really only a 2-3 gay characters in the show and I would think Nate (hetero) was an easy character to identify with; given all his daddy issues, feeling trapped by life, etc...
yeah, that was off base. by which i mean, it wasn't offensive, but it was probably inaccurate

i should have just said, 'males'. it seemed to me to be a kind of a chick's show. it was all about death and depression and boo-hooing over heartbreak. anyway i can remember friends of mine giving me shit on more than one occasion for having been a fan, but whatever
Old 09-09-2008, 05:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by typicallistener View Post
it seemed to me to be a kind of a chick's show. it was all about death and depression and boo-hooing over heartbreak. anyway i can remember friends of mine giving me shit on more than one occasion for having been a fan, but whatever
Yeah, I can see that. There wasn't much action and now that I think about it, there were way too many Male/Male sex scenes...
Old 09-09-2008, 05:52 PM   #19 (permalink)

Re: Six Ft being gay or a chick flick.

No way. That show was awesome. It might be for people only in the middle or right side of the bell curve, but not just for gays and chicks.

(for 6 ft fans, the box set is a steal and it includes both soundtracks. Hopefully HBO makes all of their shows this affordable eventually)

Edited to add: Ball has a movie coming out this week too
http://www.metacritic.com/film/title...ad?q=Towelhead

Last edited by jeffdrafttech; 09-09-2008 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-09-2008, 05:56 PM   #20 (permalink)

I didn't intend on watching it, because it sounded fucking awful. But apparently you guys think it's pretty good, so I'm torrenting (I know, keith) it right now.