Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 04-24-2006, 12:41 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laphroaig
Hmmm. I might be all turned around on selecting a team. Have you got some Team Creepy brochures you could send over? What are the Team Creepy policies on defence, housing, and healthcare? I'm guessing that the good doctor would be the Secretary of Health and Human Services in the new government?

But anyway, let's see some election slogans and see you try and sway some of us "Undecided" voters.

I believe this'll sway you....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanClass
yeah yeah!

team CG gets free drinks by running out on the bill

Free Laphroig brudda!

BTW I got a bottle of the 10 year that I enjoy every once in a while (fucking scotch is so expensive though.....)

do you have any suggestions on an "everyday" scotch???

Also I want to buy a bottle that was aged in a sherry cask as well... Any suggestions???

On a side note......... How much is the 30 year?

the 10 year in New jersey is $80 a bottle
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Dan, you have it all wrong.

Quote:
The matter of the bill, at the February gig, I did not eat anything, I put all the drinks I had on my own tab, except for those that people bought for me, I think only brother love did and maybe some others later. I remember though, because I had run out of cash and opened a tab at eddies there was a minimum, and so I offered to buy people drinks to both help me reach my minimum and maybe let everyone know that I was a good guy by returning the favor to whoever bought me drinks earlier in the evening.
- Saint Todd, patron saint of creeps and free beer
Old 04-24-2006, 12:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

What's the policy on healthcare, housing and defence? Long awkward stares.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deznice
Free Laphroig brudda!

BTW I got a bottle of the 10 year that I enjoy every once in a while (fucking scotch is so expensive though.....)
Laphroaig is tooo smokey. i also recommend the sherry cask much smoother and less smokey(mediciny)

Quote:
if you are only a single malt drinker then you got no choice but to suffer the high costs, but if you are looking for a nice blended (which a cube of ice is nice) i would reccomend chivas or johnnie black both of which are moderately priced and have a great taste

Quote:
Also I want to buy a bottle that was aged in a sherry cask as well... Any suggestions???
BEST SCOTCH - Macallen (expensive but even on the ten year it kicks mucho ass)

Quote:
dont know, like i said i am not a big fan of the overly smokey flavor

Quote:
but if you are spending this much try for macallen you can get an 18 yr or so for that price, probably little less, also you can try Balvenie (??Spelling???) very nice also sherry cask i believe.

Sorry bout the hype, and the false start, I am trying to sort things out but i also gotta tend to my office gig so it may take a while

"deuce is a fucking asshole, and one of the best you'll come across"....stjoe
Old 04-24-2006, 01:05 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith
What's the policy on healthcare, housing and defence? Long awkward stares.
The matter of the bill, at the February gig, I did not get any healthcare, I put all the housing expenses I had on my own tab, except for those that people bought for me, I think only brother love did and maybe some others later. I remember though, because I had run out of cash and opened a tab at the DOD there was a minimum, and so I offered to buy people military hardware to both help me reach my minimum and maybe let everyone know that I was a good guy by returning the favor to whoever bought me housing earlier in the evening.

In other words, Free Healthcare, Free Housing, and Let The UN take care of us.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Postagulous
The matter of the bill, at the February gig, I did not get any healthcare, I put all the housing expenses I had on my own tab, except for those that people bought for me, I think only brother love did and maybe some others later. I remember though, because I had run out of cash and opened a tab at the DOD there was a minimum, and so I offered to buy people military hardware to both help me reach my minimum and maybe let everyone know that I was a good guy by returning the favor to whoever bought me housing earlier in the evening.

In other words, Free Healthcare, Free Housing, and Let The UN take care of us.
you mock Team Creepy now

you will rue the day when the legions of Creepy fans stare at you
and mercilessly rape your hand
Old 04-24-2006, 01:17 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
you mock Team Creepy now

you will rue the day when the legions of Creepy fans stare at you
and mercilessly rape your hand
But I am Creepy, I just vote Spooky since I don't want to throw away my vote.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:30 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I believe this'll sway you....

Free Laphroig brudda!

Hmmm. Free booze. I am definately liking the Team Creepy approach.

I agree, scotch is dam expensive. The bottle of 30 year old Laphroaig was a gift that my girlfriend got duty free when she was over in the UK, the retail price is hundreds of dollars. The online Laphroaig shop sells the 30 year old for about 200 pounds.

Certainly the Laphroaig is one of those "man that's great" or "what the fuck" kind of things were you either love it or hate it from day one. You definately want to taste before you buy, which is true for a lot of the Islay scotches that can be quite smokey and earthy.

A transcript for a recent tasting (of the 10 year old Laphraoig) with a couple of friends:

Friend 1: This tastes like someone tipped rubbing alcohol onto some wood ashes and then put it in a bottle.

Me: Lovely, isn't it?

Friend 2: You can taste the peat (dirt) and smoke from the fire they used to cook the whiskey. This is a awesome shot of whiskey.

Me: Oh yeah!

My everyday scotch in the single malt line, apart from laphroaig of course, would be something like and 8 or 10 year old Glenmorangie or Glenlivet, which are both easy to drink. They Orkney scotches are also rather nice and can have a sweet, flowery taste to them (say Scapa) that is also nice for a change. These are all around the same price as Laphroaig so it is a bit of a gamble to buy something you don't like. A great night out is tasting 5 - 10 scotches at a bar with a good selection in order to work out if you want to blow the cash for a bottle of good single malt.

As with Deuce (hey booze is bigger than team politics!), Chivas Regal is a good blend and I am working through a bottle of Chivas at the moment that is great. Johnny Walker black label doesn't do anything for me, but I have otherwise respectable friends who swear by it. The issue with the cheaper blends is that people get the impression that scotch should be a "man's drink" that burns the back of your throat. The nicest thing about about a good single malt or blend is that it has the same percentage alcohol as the cheap blends but goes down smooth as silk.

A cunning secret with regards to the Sherry and Port cask aging is that typically scotch when it comes out of the distillery fresh is an almost clear liquid that is essentially 70% alcohol and has almost no taste. A lot of scotches are aged in barrels that used to have wine, sherry, bourbon, or port in them. The scotches that are advertised as sherry or port aged have typically been aged normally in fairly neutral barrels before being placed in barrels that held a really strong sherry or port for a few years. The Glenmorangie "flavoured" scotches are easy to drink and I quite enjoyed a bottle of Glenmorangie Port Finish a year or so ago - although I am a sucker for a good port. I've tasted the Glenmorangie Sherry Finish and it was good. Just ignore the snobs that say these aren't real scotch - I always say that my liver knows best. I guess I should add that the 30 year old Laphroaig had a "sherry thing" going, no doubt due to the barrel that it was aged in.

The best thing about having a taste for scotch is the joy in tasting new brands since there is always something new to try almost no matter which whiskey house you visit. In any case, don't get too hooked on the booze, we need you around to perform the liver transplants on us scotch "connoisseurs".
Old 04-24-2006, 11:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laphroaig
Hmmm. Free booze. I am definately liking the Team Creepy approach.

I agree, scotch is dam expensive. The bottle of 30 year old Laphroaig was a gift that my girlfriend got duty free when she was over in the UK, the retail price is hundreds of dollars. The online Laphroaig shop sells the 30 year old for about 200 pounds.

Certainly the Laphroaig is one of those "man that's great" or "what the fuck" kind of things were you either love it or hate it from day one. You definately want to taste before you buy, which is true for a lot of the Islay scotches that can be quite smokey and earthy.

A transcript for a recent tasting (of the 10 year old Laphraoig) with a couple of friends:

Friend 1: This tastes like someone tipped rubbing alcohol onto some wood ashes and then put it in a bottle.

Me: Lovely, isn't it?

Friend 2: You can taste the peat (dirt) and smoke from the fire they used to cook the whiskey. This is a awesome shot of whiskey.

Me: Oh yeah!

My everyday scotch in the single malt line, apart from laphroaig of course, would be something like and 8 or 10 year old Glenmorangie or Glenlivet, which are both easy to drink. They Orkney scotches are also rather nice and can have a sweet, flowery taste to them (say Scapa) that is also nice for a change. These are all around the same price as Laphroaig so it is a bit of a gamble to buy something you don't like. A great night out is tasting 5 - 10 scotches at a bar with a good selection in order to work out if you want to blow the cash for a bottle of good single malt.

As with Deuce (hey booze is bigger than team politics!), Chivas Regal is a good blend and I am working through a bottle of Chivas at the moment that is great. Johnny Walker black label doesn't do anything for me, but I have otherwise respectable friends who swear by it. The issue with the cheaper blends is that people get the impression that scotch should be a "man's drink" that burns the back of your throat. The nicest thing about about a good single malt or blend is that it has the same percentage alcohol as the cheap blends but goes down smooth as silk.

A cunning secret with regards to the Sherry and Port cask aging is that typically scotch when it comes out of the distillery fresh is an almost clear liquid that is essentially 70% alcohol and has almost no taste. A lot of scotches are aged in barrels that used to have wine, sherry, bourbon, or port in them. The scotches that are advertised as sherry or port aged have typically been aged normally in fairly neutral barrels before being placed in barrels that held a really strong sherry or port for a few years. The Glenmorangie "flavoured" scotches are easy to drink and I quite enjoyed a bottle of Glenmorangie Port Finish a year or so ago - although I am a sucker for a good port. I've tasted the Glenmorangie Sherry Finish and it was good. Just ignore the snobs that say these aren't real scotch - I always say that my liver knows best. I guess I should add that the 30 year old Laphroaig had a "sherry thing" going, no doubt due to the barrel that it was aged in.

The best thing about having a taste for scotch is the joy in tasting new brands since there is always something new to try almost no matter which whiskey house you visit. In any case, don't get too hooked on the booze, we need you around to perform the liver transplants on us scotch "connoisseurs".
i'm in shock by how much i learned from that post
Old 04-24-2006, 11:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
i'm in shock by how much i learned from that post
I'll save this post to help prove to my girlfriend that there is a purpose to me being a drunken alcoholic!

Last edited by Laphroaig; 04-24-2006 at 11:53 PM.