Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: How do you feel about the break up?
I bought this book and laugh everytime I read it. Their relationship is none of my business. 31 57.41%
The publisher was right it hurts sales. I feel deceived. I consider the book purchase a donation 3 5.56%
I bought it and threw it away. screw them! I'm outta here! 0 0%
I really don't care one way or the other. This is just a show for entertainment 20 37.04%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #21 (permalink)

I actually think it is a legitimate question. The premise of the book was based the assumption that they could give relationship advice because they had a good one going. Hence the "no-separating" clause in the contract. Just because one supports Keith and Chemda doesn't necessarily mean that one shoudn't be allowed to question or doubt their credentials in areas where they might purport to be proficient in, but possibly aren't. (And by proficient I don't mean Jesse Joyce proficient.)
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:08 PM   #22 (permalink)

None of my business. The book is a fun read and the majority of it coincides with my perspective.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:03 AM   #23 (permalink)

I read the book and it was funny, but I wouldn't follow it for relationship advice. It was comedy for me. The two couples I gave it to broke up. One of those was a female friend I wanted to be single, so it was good for something.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I wish I had brought this up sooner after the breakup announcement because it would have been more poignant then, but here's why I'm upset about the breakup:

Keith and Chemda were a shining example of how a semi-open relationship could work. I was THIS CLOSE to my wife agreeing to bring another women into the bedroom when Keith and Chemda made the announcement. Then all I hear from my wife is: "well of course they broke up! No open relationship can work!"

I'm glad everything is okay in Keith and Chemda's friendship, but what cockblocks...

I went to school in Manhattan KS and did not see my fair share of titties.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:26 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeychunkuk View Post
i want to read this book but if the wife finds it she going to think we have "problems"
Do you?

If not, then it will just start a good conversation about building your relationship, and when she sees your taking initiative to build the relationship, she'll get wet, and you'll get fucked GOOD

You're welcome!
Old 07-11-2010, 09:08 PM   #26 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Keith and Chemda were a shining example of how a semi-open relationship could work. I was THIS CLOSE to my wife agreeing to bring another women into the bedroom when Keith and Chemda made the announcement. Then all I hear from my wife is: "well of course they broke up! No open relationship can work!"
If you had to coax her into it, it would have never worked well. It takes two like and open minded people to live happily ever after in an open relationship. You might be right for it, but it sounds like she isn't. Have her listen to Dan Savage and see if she can relate to any of his "monogamy is too high of a standard" rants.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:53 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalee View Post
IMHO, this is a ridiculous question. Would you not buy a book about whales because it wasn't written by a whale? Do you know the personal history of every author you read?

Come on man, there is so much more in the world to fret about than this. Where is the love?
FUUUUCK YOOUU!!!!!! and welcome to the forums my bestest buddy in all the world!
Old 07-12-2010, 04:53 PM   #28 (permalink)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by funnygurl1979 View Post
FUUUUCK YOOUU!!!!!! and welcome to the forums my bestest buddy in all the world!
FUUUUUUCK YOOOUUUU!!!! I love you funnygurl. Thanks for introducing me to Keith and the Girl! Love it!