Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 01-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #3011 (permalink)

Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
ha ok so I found the full match.

apparently this is so amazing because it's the best comeback in gaming history or something.. that and the kid "parrys" chun-li's attacks, meaning he has to activly.. ah, who cares. watch.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #3012 (permalink)

I'm on the fence on getting MAG. I'm trying to wait a couple weeks for Bioshock 2.

Finally beat God of War 2, so I'm all set for the third whenever it comes out.

Right now I'm just exploring PixelJunk Shooter.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #3013 (permalink)

That video's ancient by internet standards but I still hear it mentioned when people talk about fighting game tournaments. I'm told they removed the parry mechanic from the forth game, which is a shame.

I've been replaying two of my favourite games - Bioshock and Super Metroid. Both feature atmospheric worlds that feel complete, encourage exploration and both use the same model of familiar environments opening up in new ways after upgrades.

I think Metroid's influence on games, particularly the upgrades opening up environments in new ways, has been huge - even last summer's biggest game was essentially Metroid with Batman.

Aside from that, I picked up the (now discontinued) Metroid Prime Trilogy, Wipeout HD Fury for a tenner and was the only person in my store not to buy Mass Effect 2.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:55 AM   #3014 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

OK.

(Breathe)

First 20 minutes of Mass Effect 2.

Holy. Fuck.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:33 AM   #3015 (permalink)

Just started playing Resident Evil 5, loved the 4th one and so far 5 has lived up to all the hype. I don't really like having the partner she kind of gets in the way but other than that great game. Also last night I beat The Beatles Rockband really fun.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:01 AM   #3016 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
I've been replaying two of my favourite games - Bioshock and Super Metroid. Both feature atmospheric worlds that feel complete, encourage exploration and both use the same model of familiar environments opening up in new ways after upgrades.
Have you gotten a chance to play Shadow Complex on Xbox live? It also was influenced heavily by Metroid. It's a lot of fun and I thought it managed to get the feel of Metroid perfectly.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #3017 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeloader1 View Post
Just started playing Resident Evil 5, loved the 4th one and so far 5 has lived up to all the hype. I don't really like having the partner she kind of gets in the way but other than that great game. Also last night I beat The Beatles Rockband really fun.

I didn't even get through the first encounter with enemies. I despise having someone I have to protect in a game, and she got caught up on the environment or something and I got a notification she was in trouble. By the time I turned around, she was in a crowd of zombies and dead before I got 2 shots off. *uninstall*

I did just get a free key to Dirt 2, which is a very pretty racer, and fun too. A lot easier to get into than Grid.

Last edited by ThisIsMyUserName; 01-29-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:03 PM   #3018 (permalink)

I broke down and bought MAG yesterday. I'm enjoying it a lot!
Old 01-29-2010, 07:27 PM   #3019 (permalink)

YOU GUYS! You know that Psychonauts for £1/$2 sale that steam did? That was pretty nuts, right? We won't see anything like that any time soon. YES WE GODDAMN HELL SHIT WILL!

Freedom Force and Freedom Force vs. The Third Reich pack = £2/$2
X-Com Complete pack (five games) = £2/$2

2 bucks does not = 2 pounds, but still.

Freedom Force is a superhero real-time tactical role-playing game inspired by Jack Kirby, made by Ken Levine. I could have just typed 'awesome' over and over just there.

X-Com are severely hard but absolutely classic tactical games. Mean, mean games.

Oh yeah, and they took 66% off Tropico 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naberdy View Post
Have you gotten a chance to play Shadow Complex on Xbox live? It also was influenced heavily by Metroid. It's a lot of fun and I thought it managed to get the feel of Metroid perfectly.
I bought it on the sale but haven't got to it yet. It's basically Metroid in the Unreal 3 (same foundation as Bioshock) engine, and I'm ok with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeloader1 View Post
I've heard it's much better online in co-op, but yeah, not got around to organising that yet.

Last edited by standardman; 01-29-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #3020 (permalink)

Sam and Max Season One is $4.95/£3.09 direct from telltale until the 31st.