Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree41Likes

Old 08-01-2010, 01:31 PM   #4081 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by evadwolrab View Post
NO. I refuse to point and click at things and then watch it play out. Unless you tell me it's a bit like Warcraft 3, in which case I'll consider watching a gameplay video.

I'm assuming it's just a shinier version of the first one. I wouldn't go back to C&C so I probably won't go back to SC. I'm more of a CoH or DoW2 man these days, and I'm more glorious for it.
The clicking things and watching them played out is in every RTS game. And i dont like RTS games, but i like SC2.

Stop pretending to be a snob, you're ridiculous.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #4082 (permalink)

I wish I could play City of Heroes.
I liked that game...for a week. I think it's fun....I think.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:05 PM   #4083 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
The clicking things and watching them played out is in every RTS game. And i dont like RTS games, but i like SC2.

Stop pretending to be a snob, you're ridiculous.
You're right, Starcraft II is awesome and I love everything about it. That was a close one.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #4084 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
I wish I could play City of Heroes.
I liked that game...for a week. I think it's fun....I think.
I was so excited about that game when it came out. It was my first MMO and after a month and only at level 20, I was incredibly bored. I think it turned me off to MMO's forever.
Old 08-01-2010, 02:50 PM   #4085 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIsMyUserName View Post
I was so excited about that game when it came out. It was my first MMO and after a month and only at level 20, I was incredibly bored. I think it turned me off to MMO's forever.
I tried it around the same time I tried WoW...both for the same reasons, I wanted to try an MMO, and I had a few friends playing CoH, and a few playing WoW....

WoW may have a stronger community or w/e, but I was completely uninterested in the story/setting...I dunno, just a bit too dorky/fantasy for me, which is weird because I fucking love Lord of the Rings and some other fantasy stuff, but WoW was just lame to me, I liked CoH a lot more, but I never got far in either before just letting them die out.

Secretary of State,
KATG Film Club
Old 08-01-2010, 03:17 PM   #4086 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by standardman View Post
It has much more micro and strategy than C&C. You can steam roll a base by massing units still but all units have a rock, paper, scissors relationship with each other. Building one unit 12 times and sending it into a base is a terrible idea, for example.

It's a bit like Warcraft III?
Not really, I'd say it's SC I with better better graphics and slightly more macro. The goal was to make it more like chess to maintain its sport viability, so there's a lot less reliance on chance than in WC3 (where they had Heroes and lots of individual spells, plus they actually penalized you for building units). There's less "local" micro, so you have to have a global strategy for building units in response to / in anticipation to your opponent.

There's less frustration than SC though, like not having to individually put workers to mine, waypoints for minerals, and actually seeing where waypoints go, ability to select all your army. These are all changes that increase macro from the original.

That's not to say SC isn't micro-intensive as hell. The difference is that in WC3 you have a small brigade of units and you micro a couple of units a lot. In SC, you have a huge army and have to micro the hell out of the whole army to make sure you're pitting each unit against an opponent that's weaker, all the while maintaining your production line. So you're microing each unit less, but you're never ever sitting still and watching the game unfold. Obviously this is skill/dedication dependent, if you're ok with being stuck in bronze leagues you can just mass units->attack move->repeat.

Here's a cool replay:

The tides turn several times, it's pretty amazing.

So yeah...get SC2.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #4087 (permalink)

FUCK YOU GYM LEADER!

You're not really a good trainer if the only reason you beat me is that you keep using 20 potions every time.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #4088 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
FUCK YOU GYM LEADER!

You're not really a good trainer if the only reason you beat me is that you keep using 20 potions every time.
You should probably buy 20 potions.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #4089 (permalink)

Quote:
You should probably buy 20 potions.
Ever since I was like 7 or whenever this series started, my motto's been "only bitches use items"

Except it was probably originally "items, psh, laaame"
Old 08-02-2010, 05:31 AM   #4090 (permalink)

Quote:
NO. I refuse to point and click at things and then watch it play out. Unless you tell me it's a bit like Warcraft 3, in which case I'll consider watching a gameplay video.

I'm assuming it's just a shinier version of the first one. I wouldn't go back to C&C so I probably won't go back to SC. I'm more of a CoH or DoW2 man these days, and I'm more glorious for it.
StarCraft I rapes C&C, CoH, and DoW right in the mouth, and SC II is better than that. Stupid dave should not be stupid.