Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 04-04-2012, 08:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astigos View Post
Booyah! Always love talking about nutrition and bodybuilding with anyone, but lets take this to the Keeping Motivated thread.
I didn't even know that was a thread. I randomly decide to be a forum person once in a while. I will check it out!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
7:30 AM - First Alarm
8:00 AM - Actually woke up
8:05 AM - Showered and shaved
8:25 AM - Checked the internets
8:30 AM - Made a sandwich and bagel
8:35 AM - Left for work
8:50 AM - Arrived at work
9:00 AM - Sat in a group meeting/discusson
9:30 AM - Talked shit about the horrible "spicy eggnog" coffee to co-workers and mentioned how it tastes like pixie stix and steak seasoning
9:35 AM - Asked a guy in the office about what motorcycles would be good for me
9:45 AM - Actually sit down to work while listening to music
9:45 AM to 11:30 - Boss is in a meeting with IRS agent, did shit work (data fixes) and occasionally talked shit with co-workers. Complained that one didn't offer me grapes like he did yesterday. Got called "smarmy" for this in a joking way. He did offer me peppermint tea today, but fuck that. He also likes the spicy eggnog coffee
11:30 AM - Boss is out of meeting. Time to focus a bit more on shit work.
1:30 PM - Go to lunch in the lunch room. Co-worker talks about how the sandwiches I and another guy make always look so good. My sandwiches always have tons of vegetables and other toppings. His was just meat, cheese, and a bunch of seasonings. I felt like my sandwich was way better but had to stay humble. Talk shit about how the same co-worker who complemented our sandwiches eats like garbage (everything out of a can).
1:45 PM - Conversation turns to more shit talking, jokingly accusing can food-eater of being high.
2:00 PM - Back to work, this time on more interesting stuff, leaving more shit work for tomorrow.
5:00 PM - Time to leave, but so close to finishing a project.
5:10 PM - Give up on the project and drive home.
5:30 PM - Look up motorcycles on craigslist as I do everyday, everything is shit. Eat Doritos. Read websites.
7:00 PM - Decide to take a nap.
9:00 PM - Wake up from nap, look at the internet again.
9:15 PM - End up on KATG forums writing this.

I talk a lot of shit throughout the day.
I hope you're looking for racing bikes because those are the best bikes.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykae View Post
I eat meat and cheese sandwiches when I have a bad day and need comfort food. Vegetables should always be on sandwiches otherwise. This isn't an elementary school picnic!
Agreed. I always get comments about the food I bring into/talk about at work or post pictures of to facebook. Everyone assumes a single 20-something year old guy can't cook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
I hope you're looking for racing bikes because those are the best bikes.
Not particularly. I'm really just looking for something that fits me, being 6'5".
Old 04-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Everyone assumes a single 20-something year old guy can't cook.
At my old job, before I freed myself from the rigid schedule of a "job," every time I brought anything in that I made people acted like I was fancy, and I'm a mid-thirties lady.

Of course I am a mid-thirties lady who doesn't wear make up or, you know, comb my hair, so I guess it made sense they were surprised when I went all Donna Reed for a second.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marykae View Post
At my old job, before I freed myself from the rigid schedule of a "job," every time I brought anything in that I made people acted like I was fancy, and I'm a mid-thirties lady.

Of course I am a mid-thirties lady who doesn't wear make up or, you know, comb my hair, so I guess it made sense they were surprised when I went all Donna Reed for a second.
We had some sort of breakfast potluck thing at the end of last year. I hate doing the potlucks (because it's not really part of the job and I have to pay money out of my own pocket involuntarily), and someone said that I should just buy donuts and bring them in. I said fuck that, and made donuts myself instead. They were gone in like 20 minutes.
Old 04-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
We had some sort of breakfast potluck thing at the end of last year. I hate doing the potlucks (because it's not really part of the job and I have to pay money out of my own pocket involuntarily), and someone said that I should just buy donuts and bring them in. I said fuck that, and made donuts myself instead. They were gone in like 20 minutes.
Thanks a lot. Now I want home made donuts. Or donuts at all.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:32 AM   #17 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

OOOOH Funnnnnn thread.

Ok, here goes:

• Up at 4:50 am to go for a run, listen to KATG and Marc Maron during this run.

• Back home, play DRAWSOMETHING for 45minutes while Coronation Street plays in the background (mommy multitasking), 6:15 shower time, 6:30 Beautify for work

• Kid up at 6:30-6:45, change diaper, give him cuddles, make breakfast for the family (Toast and eggs) make lunch for work (3 fruits and a low fat sandwich with 5 chocolate wafers, same thing every day). Chat with my man and convince him work will be good, "New day Fresh start". Play more drawsomething and ignore everyone for 10 minutes. Check Facebook

• 7:45 Force the child into his coat, hat and boots as he screams "No momma, go away, I don't wanna go to daycare"

• Blast outta the drive way and hot pedal it to Daycare while singing "If you're happy and you know it wiggle your bum"

• 8:10 drop kid off, say "Love you see you later" and blast off to work

• 8:30- 11:45 Sit my ass down at my desk at 8:30am, check emails, address any emergencies that might have come up. Fix any print job errors that were made. Send files to the plate makers, check approvals, set up art for overseas and in house production, Take pictures in the studio, call tech support and bitch about how my puter isn't doing exactly what I want it to do, call suppliers, discuss how customers are annoying and coworkers are incompetent. Twitter during all of this.

• 11:45-noon ram my minuscule lunch down my throat and lace up my runners. 12-1 walk around the industrial park at high speeds smiling at truckers and laughing to KATG and Marc Maron...sometimes boggie to my playlists.Stop at Tims for a medium decaf 2 cream one sugar

• 1-4:45 pm: Same as 8:30-11:45.

• 4:45 race out of work, fight traffic to the daycare, get a big boost of love when my son screams "MOMMMMMA" when I show up. Fight with him to get his coat, boots and hat on while he yells "No Momma go away, I don't wanna go home"

• 5:30 make supper, from scratch
• 6:30 eat dinner
• 6:50 run a bath for the boy, Daddy takes over, grab a glass of wine and my ipad and DRAWSOMETHING while Desperate Housewives plays in the background
• 7:15- 7:45 Get boy into jammies, brush teeth, read bedtime stories.
• 7:45-9:45 Flop on the couch with the man, talk about the day, watch Dr Who or The Deadliest Catch or some such tripe.
• 9:45- if either of us have energy we might get lucky. otherwise read until 10pm
Starts all over the next day

EDIT: I forgot, I play DRAWSOMETHING and Lexulous from 7:45-9:45....obsessively ...multitasking mommy

Last edited by campy; 04-05-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #18 (permalink)

I woke up at about 7:30 AM, looked at my boyfriend who had just gotten out of bed, looked at the clock, shook my head "no" and went back to sleep.

When I finally did get up it was around 9:30. I ate breakfast and went to the grocery store. It was way full of old people. Also some of my regular items were cheaper than they were the week before. w00t?

I have basically been working at home since then. I have about 12 hours of work to do today. At least I get to be at home.

I've also been drinking port wine all day. Friday is the only day of the week where I don't have any work outs planned or roller derby obligations.

Well, this has been a nice break.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:59 PM   #19 (permalink)

wtf

Am I the only sucker that has a job that's 9-6 (on a good day) and not 9-5 or 10-6?
Old 04-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by c4r80n View Post
Am I the only sucker that has a job that's 9-6 (on a good day) and not 9-5 or 10-6?
I used to work 8-5. Now I work from home which basically means that when I'm home, I'm working, but I can cut out whenever I want. Nice trade off.