Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree366Likes

Old 07-12-2018, 12:27 PM   #4091 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Mission Impossible is a franchise that gives a shit. They’re not like The Purge. It’s not a Tom Cruise / cash grab. They make little improvements/ try new action sequences/ new gadgets/ w each flick. Like they added Simon Pegg a while back - hilarious. It’s James Bond-esque and they keep the thrill real.

Also who doesn’t wanna see 6’1 Henry Cavill kick the crap-ola outta 5’7 Tom Cruise?! I mean, how much CGI did it take to make that fight look real???
Los and SpareBen like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 03:00 PM   #4092 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

BRING USAMA SIDDIQEE BACK!!!

I gotta be honest. I didn’t think Usama was that funny. SUPER likable/ engaged guest. Good guest. Couple bad/ womp-womp dick jokes. But likable.

THEN I saw that SpareBen,(shout out to SB for being solid forum poster btw) and couldn’t believe the difference in Usama/ in this format.

Usama is about that Movie Pass life. Plus he’s super competitive. Really hope Usama comes back. Prolly the only guy who knows as much about movies than Keith.

SpareBen likes this.
Old 07-13-2018, 04:57 PM   #4093 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Get Out

Mr Loopy and I just watched Get Out and it’s one ☝️ f the best I’ve seen in a while. If I could do back flips I’d be doing them around the room right now.
Old 07-16-2018, 09:25 PM   #4094 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

not so bad i wanted to walk out but not great.

Hannibal, the crazy redhead and jeremy rener's ass were the best parts of this movie
SpareBen likes this.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:21 PM   #4095 (permalink)

Old 07-22-2018, 10:05 PM   #4096 (permalink)

Catcher Was A Spy

Not boring, per say, just lacking in depth and felt like a fluff piece. They set up the guy, based on a true story and all, as some kinda aspbergery machine who doesn't deal with things the way other people do, then he's just a normal guy who happens to be a genius. They have sevral montages of him being the best at everything, sports, book smarts, learning all the military things, and then he's just a bumbling doof with no tact. Then it just ends. They don't show if he was a good spy or if he did anything else besides this one mission and don't go into more depth in his personal life. So...why even make this movie.

Sorry to bother you
Started off as a smart and interesting look at having to "give up your blackness" to succeed and talking on how shitty capitalism is treating most working class people then it...takes a sharp left turn. It didn't LOSE me after the Thing is introduced but I felt it kinda lost what it was trying to speak about for the sake of spectacle.
SpareBen likes this.

Last edited by FingerLakes; 07-23-2018 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:47 AM   #4097 (permalink)

Yes. I did
1)The scenes set in the present weren't really that good. Everyone sounded like they were singing midday karaoke in an office. No one had any energy or feeling or VOCAL RANGE
1a) In fact they were so boring I didn't think I was gay enough for this movie. I'd only smiled or laughed 3 times (and didn't cry AT ALL, so fuck that). but then
2) CHER showed up and really saved the movie and my life.
3) I would 100% fuck all three of the dads in the present, so long as Pierce Brosnon never ever attempted to sing or dance in my presence
LoopyLou79 and SpareBen like this.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:44 PM   #4098 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
....they were so boring I didn't think I was gay enough for this movie.
LOL
Old 07-26-2018, 01:53 PM   #4099 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Won't You Be My Neighbor? The Mr. Rogers documentary. We never really know the people we see on TV and in the movies, but this reinforced my belief that he was the real deal. He was human, it was the 60s and 70s, sponsors had to be pleased, and I got the impression that his family may have had a good bit of editorial control over the movie, but we could sure stand a few more people like him nowadays.

His testimony before the Senate Commerce Committee and grumpy old Senator John Pastore is pretty amazing.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 07-27-2018, 07:26 AM   #4100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpareBen View Post
there's been some talk on the show lately about being fake on the 'gram which reminds me of this movie - Ingrid Goes West. Genuinely can't tell whether Keith will love this or despise it as a slice of life.
I liked it but I feel like the ending ruined it.