Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 01-02-2006, 09:15 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the big lebowski
i rescind my statements you mr. iamjo. soory

wait a sec...you're not really canadian. disregard the "soory" and replace w/ "sorry".
Originally Canadian. The Soory may stand.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:48 AM   #22 (permalink)

It doesn't work for everybody, but if you can get into it, a lot of hippie music is great for fucking. The more funky/groovy side of the genre, anyway. It's all about teasing and building and teasing some more and releasing and building again and oh god one more time etc etc etc. And when I go to the shows and see all the cute little hippie chicks (some of 'em shower, really) dancing around... well, let's just say all the wiggly gyrating moves aren't exclusively for the dance floor. Go to a show, get all worked up, then go home and have at it like crazed weasels. Good times.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:56 AM   #23 (permalink)
Tim F

My last girlfriend turned me on to Massive Attack and Portishead - both good selections.
Radiohead - specifically OK Computer
There's a song by this Jew singer with big hair called Breathe that's quite good.
And, Dark Side of the Moon - specifically The Great Gig in the Sky.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:30 PM   #24 (permalink)

Definitely Nine Inch Nails, or ZOmbie. I like [my music] hard and fast. I"ll have to check out Massive Attack.

Though on the hippy/ethereal end of things, the sound track for Serpent and the Rainbow is absolutely amazing. I once owned this on cassette, but have since lost it, and have been trying to track it down ever since.

I love Jean Michel Jarre, but I would use his music to fall asleep. Especially Equinox.

Drinking songs:
Flogging Molly or Dropkick Murphys. Nothin' like some irish to get you drinking more. When I was living in NYC, the LIbrary Bar (Next to Niceguy Eddie's) has a great jukebox. After a few shots i had a tendency to put on The Replacements and reminisce.

Last edited by mali; 01-04-2006 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 03:58 PM   #25 (permalink)

i still like rob z, but it seems like ol trent is just not feelin it these days, i think his albums get more polished evey time, but i feel like he has sorta given up or something, his newer stuff doesnt give me that same raw feeling like his older stuff does. same with manson, that first album he did really made me think there might be something to replace NIN as my new fav band, then antichrist superstar came out..it had its high points, but like 1/2 felt kinda weak, and every album since, except for that down in the park single, felt like he lost his true north. tool, too, come to think of it, and then "radio friendly" tool, or "perfect circle", bleh.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
Old 01-04-2006, 05:21 PM   #26 (permalink)

Class Baby:
Miles Davis
John Coltrane or some;
Old Motown
Old 01-04-2006, 09:59 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
i still like rob z, but it seems like ol trent is just not feelin it these days, i think his albums get more polished evey time, but i feel like he has sorta given up or something, his newer stuff doesnt give me that same raw feeling like his older stuff does.
I agree. trent is boring now, and doesn't quite have that edge. I spend a lot of time listening to older albums of most artists i enjoy. totally stuck in 80s / early 90s. Not everyone can be as fantastic as the ramones and hold the same tone for 20 years I haven't been as in to Marilyn Manson lately, but i loved ANtichrist superstar.
Old 06-18-2006, 07:38 PM   #28 (permalink)

wanna get your good 80's lovin' on? "Love Song" by The Cure. oooh...or "Lullaby".
Old 06-18-2006, 08:12 PM   #29 (permalink)

The album "Mer de Noms" by A Perfect Circle
Old 06-18-2006, 08:19 PM   #30 (permalink)

good call