Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: favorite portable media player
iPod 48 80.00%
MP3 5 8.33%
Napster 0 0%
any other that i forgot 7 11.67%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-07-2006, 11:04 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy
I'm not going to read what you wrote because I have decided to ignore people when they are bullshitting me, it's now my expression of my own philosophical beliefs.
spooky bullshit someone? I dare say!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 11:21 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mali
I'd like to point out that the only media player on there is the ipod. wtf? did mp3 convert from a file type to a media player when i wasn't looking? And napster?

secondly, if you aren't smart enough to figure out how to get around itunes "drm" then you aren't smart enough to be using their shit to begin with.

and we don't care if you buy apple stock spook.. what was that about getting a new mac for you-know-who? $$$

and also, new macpro... hottest...thing...ever.
yeah, i didnt vote because there was really only one choice.

and i guess im not smart enough to use iTunes, because i dont know how to get around the DRM stuff. it should just work, i feel like, so i just quit using them. it bothers me that i have to dance around something to get it to work with the rest of the world. it bothers me that some stuff is only available there at iTunes, but i can just go without. you mac users go without all the time, i suppose as macs get more popular, i should expect to no longer be able to do anything anytime with my computer and its accessories.

and you should care if i buy the stock or not. people all drop the stock, the company goes belly up overnight, and i know you like apple.

and yes, i intend to buy a mac, she doesnt do anything but surf the net and type stuff. im sure theres a mac version of IE. so a mac can probably handle that stuff just fine, AND it comes in a pretty box, which is really the only reason shes getting it.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:51 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
yeah, i didnt vote because there was really only one choice.

and i guess im not smart enough to use iTunes, because i dont know how to get around the DRM stuff. it should just work, i feel like, so i just quit using them. it bothers me that i have to dance around something to get it to work with the rest of the world. it bothers me that some stuff is only available there at iTunes, but i can just go without.
its the way apple decided to deal with the recording industry. its not steve jobs' fault that the record labels are all selfish pricks. At least Stevie J had the balls to push back and tell them Fuck you, i'm not raising the prices... Besides, you can easily burn itunes files onto a cd. it's simply enough for me. and i know there are other means. Also, it's the artists' and/or record companies who decide to go into an exclusive deal with Apple. so it's not like they are the evil empire.

Quote:
you mac users go without all the time, i suppose as macs get more popular, i should expect to no longer be able to do anything anytime with my computer and its accessories. and you should care if i buy the stock or not. people all drop the stock, the company goes belly up overnight, and i know you like apple. and yes, i intend to buy a mac, she doesnt do anything but surf the net and type stuff. im sure theres a mac version of IE. so a mac can probably handle that stuff just fine, AND it comes in a pretty box, which is really the only reason shes getting it.
I don't go without anything. besides IE and viruses. MS no longer supports IE for mac, and that's great. I have at least two other browsers that I use that work tens time better, and are more secure.

I don't worry about people dropping the stock. People know that apple makes money. people understand that apple fans are zealots. i don't even need to argue the merit of their products. When i invest in stocks, i could give two fucks about the product a company makes. I care if they run their business well, if it's something that will be around for a bit, and if it's profitable. I hate the utility companies, i think they screw us over all the time. I wish we could find an alternative to their bloody monopolies. but i'll buy stock in them, because everyone needs them. And i want money.

if you just want a pretty box, you could get a dell and mod it out, and save some cash. but i'm sure you will soon fall in love with it once it finds its way into your home. i've seen it happen time and time again.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:39 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
if you just want a pretty box, you could get a dell and mod it out, and save some cash. but i'm sure you will soon fall in love with it once it finds its way into your home. i've seen it happen time and time again.
time will tell, i haed using em day in and day out in college, but that might have just been me not wanting to be part of the snooty crowd, on my own at home, i will be free to make an unbiased reevaluation
Old 08-08-2006, 12:48 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd like to point out that the only media player on there is the ipod. wtf? did mp3 convert from a file type to a media player when i wasn't looking? And napster?
I thought the same thing. This poll is a joke.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:56 AM   #26 (permalink)

For what its worth, I love my Creative Zen Vision:m
Old 08-08-2006, 01:53 AM   #27 (permalink)

my H10 20GB iRiver is great, can use Windows Media Player to sync to it or just drag and drop files into it like it was a hard drive.
Only reason I have iTunes installed it because of the iPod Nano I won and to support KATG on it - otherwise, I'd never install that piece of shit program.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:09 AM   #28 (permalink)

Once again, the "meh" option has been missed out. I abstain.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:14 AM   #29 (permalink)

I use an iPod video, but only because it was a gift (from my boss, of all people. But don't be fooled, I couldn't work for her if I didn't work from home). Anyway, I was using a Creative player, and my husband has two Creatives. I love the FM tuner features in them -- we use them to record stuff from Sirius. No complaints about the iPod, except it scratches SO easily. And it was free, so what's to complain about? <g>
Old 08-08-2006, 03:49 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
iTunes is the devil. im amazed how awesome people think apple is and how great they think iTunes is. its the most non modular POS ive ever dealt with. iTunes is why i wont buy stock in apple, that narrow minded, only works on our equipment mentality is not the way of the future. remember minidiscs? yeah, same thing.

bite me apple, it pisses me off that i bought music, its on my ipod, and when i wanna play it on my computer, from the ipods HD, too bad, unless im usin apples software.

also, i voted for george bush.
Fair opinion, but the thing is, and I'm speaking for the opposition here, that I am not an audiophile. iTunes does everything I need, and all the extra feature that are talked about in other programs are of little interest, because even if I did use something else, I would only be using the same things I use in iTunes.

Basically, all I need in a program (at least at this point in time) is something that can keep my music and videos organized, download podcasts automatically, share everything among my home network, and do it in a way that is straight forward.