Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree4Likes

Old 11-16-2016, 01:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scat View Post
It still has some of that, but I feel like the show is getting bogged down with "what is the maze" and "who is a host" and goofy mysteries that serve plot over character and never really let on what these character's motivations are.
That's what I don't like about it either.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 02:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
The first few episodes had me really enthralled, and it is still definitely one of the best shows on TV right now. But as we go further along, I guess I'm disappointed because this is not the show I thought I was getting.

I thought the show would be more about the hosts' personal growth and their self-awareness, about morality and what it means to be human. It would be about the progression of technology and what that means for all of us.

It still has some of that, but I feel like the show is getting bogged down with "what is the maze" and "who is a host" and goofy mysteries that serve plot over character and never really let on what these character's motivations are.
The maze subplot will be important for whatever host revolution comes to pass. I reckon it's Arnold at the center of it - alive and well. I think that they're handling the host's burgeoning awareness pretty well - especially through the character of Maeve. I fear that Dolores' arc isn't going to end well - especially if the fan theory around the man in black and William being the same person ends up being correct.

I agree that the whole "who is a host" thing has the potential to derail the show. With 3 episodes left of this season, they'll probably want to start wrapping the loose ends up.

Last edited by Dean from Australia; 11-16-2016 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:27 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
The maze subplot will be important for whatever host revolution comes to pass. I reckon it's Arnold at the center of it - alive and well. I think that they're handling the host's burgeoning awareness pretty well - especially through the character of Maeve. I fear that Dolores' arc isn't going to end well - especially if the fan theory around the man in black and William being the same person ends up being correct.

I agree that the whole "who is a host" thing has the potential to derail the show. With 3 episodes left of this season, they'll probably want to start wrapping the loose ends up.
Yes I didn't want to believe the two timeline theory at first but it's looking more and more likely. That will necessitate a really dark turn sometime soon. The signs are there though. William has been completely seduced by the park. The only gripe I would have if it's true is that the hosts are indistinguishable between the two timelines, when we were made to believe they've become more and more life-like. I think it would have been just as interesting if they didn't try to misdirect us and it was clear from the beginning.
Old 11-16-2016, 03:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Yes I didn't want to believe the two timeline theory at first but it's looking more and more likely. That will necessitate a really dark turn sometime soon. The signs are there though. William has been completely seduced by the park. The only gripe I would have if it's true is that the hosts are indistinguishable between the two timelines, when we were made to believe they've become more and more life-like. I think it would have been just as interesting if they didn't try to misdirect us and it was clear from the beginning.
Hmm - I'm kinda enjoying the misdirection. Admittedly, if I didn't have the podcast I listen to after each episode I'd be totally lost.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

What's the podcast?
Old 11-16-2016, 07:38 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
What's the podcast?
5th post in the thread...
Old 11-23-2016, 04:01 PM   #17 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I'm loving this show. Does anyone know if this is gonna be a one season thing or is it gonna keep going?
Old 11-24-2016, 03:50 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmsmittyroad View Post
I'm loving this show. Does anyone know if this is gonna be a one season thing or is it gonna keep going?
It got renewed for a 2nd season but it won't air until 2018 because of how long the show takes to shoot.

There are only 2 episodes left of this season so I have to imagine the reveals will come hard and fast now. The show is leaving me cold though.
Old 11-25-2016, 01:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
What does it take for you to be entertained?
@Midnight and Seinfeld reruns

oh, and F1