Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-25-2006, 01:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by klang
Nope, that's why I chose it. Not 99% but close enough. Plus I thought about "where would a country be that is 99% black BUT has access to the internet?" South Africa was all I could come up with.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

My case seems to be strengthened

Many of the posts in this thread seem more like examples of a culutural sub-text regarding drinking at public parties where a majority of the people happen to be white. At social events wherein most people are black there doesn't seem to be the assumption that 'you're a pussy if you pass out drunk'. I always got the vibe, at black parties, that you're among trusted friends that wouldn't mess with you when/if you pass out.
Its one thing if you pass out among strangers. You're shit outta luck if trust people you don't know to leave you alone when you're unconscious. However, isn't it normal to think your friends wouldn't necessarily fuck with you?
Old 07-25-2006, 03:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

I can't agree with ya Spooky. If I asked, "Why does the sun rise in the morning?" Is the answer simply because it's the sun? Of course not, the real answer involves various laws of physics.
If you were just being funny Spooky, then I retract everything I just explained because clever, subtle humor is sometimes lost on me.
Old 07-25-2006, 03:55 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoonTang
Nope, that's why I chose it. Not 99% but close enough. Plus I thought about "where would a country be that is 99% black BUT has access to the internet?" South Africa was all I could come up with.
I think Spaceboy lives on a tropical island in the Caribbean.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:07 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by id4ego
Many of the posts in this thread seem more like examples of a culutural sub-text regarding drinking at public parties where a majority of the people happen to be white. At social events wherein most people are black there doesn't seem to be the assumption that 'you're a pussy if you pass out drunk'. I always got the vibe, at black parties, that you're among trusted friends that wouldn't mess with you when/if you pass out.
Its one thing if you pass out among strangers. You're shit outta luck if trust people you don't know to leave you alone when you're unconscious. However, isn't it normal to think your friends wouldn't necessarily fuck with you?
something tells me you don't have very good white friends... you said 'party' not 'gathering of close, trusted, friends'

maybe white people just have a more comprehensive sense of humor...
Old 07-25-2006, 04:23 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by id4ego
I can't agree with ya Spooky. If I asked, "Why does the sun rise in the morning?" Is the answer simply because it's the sun? Of course not, the real answer involves various laws of physics.
If you were just being funny Spooky, then I retract everything I just explained because clever, subtle humor is sometimes lost on me.
no. if you asked "why does the rotation of the earth make the sun rise?" then it would makes sense, and the answer would be because the earth rotates. and yes, the real answer would involve some level of physics, but based on the phrasing, the simple answer is what you want, just like with your original topical question. you arent looking for the cultural and genetic answer to your question, youre either looking to be funny in a white people, i just dont understand em kinda way, or youre looking for a really simple non-anthropological answer.

so if youre just being funny pretending i dont get it, i retract what i say, and i will in turn be funny back, and say crazy nonwhite people, i just dont understand.

if you wish to rephrase the question to get a more serious, deeper answer, feel free, id love to address that end of the issue, but im assuming thats not what you are looking for.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:42 PM   #17 (permalink)

You're right spooky. I do notice real differences, culturally, between the two groups while partying; however, I think its quite funny when people get offensive over such a trivial issue. The aggressive vibe I get from many of the posts, I feel, carries over to the party issue. Different cultures just express there aggressiveness in various manners given the same social situation.
As I would go to school with all white kids, but go home and socialize with all black kids, I would have to completely alter how I socially interact within the two crowds. When I started drinking in college, I also noted how I had to radically change how I approached a party based on the cultural layout of said party. This altered behavior went beyond black and white...I think just about everyone might act quite differently if they were at a party with all west indians versus all jamicians.
I just think about little issues like this as I am reminded of my race, in subtle ways, my many people every day.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:53 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcatacat
I think Spaceboy lives on a tropical island in the Caribbean.
Yes he does, or he's using a proxy out of the Caribbean.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:53 PM   #19 (permalink)

The answer you have all been waiting for:

Because if you draw on a black person with a sharpie, no one would be able to read it anyway. It only works on white kids.
Old 07-25-2006, 04:54 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
why post a question with the answer phrased in already?

if a question starts with why do white people...

the answer is because they are white.
Yet I don't believe the answer to the question is because they are white. I think the answer is because they are rednecks.