Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 10-15-2012, 01:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
This makes me want to buy an iPad, Kindle, or Nook.
Bucho you idiot, you don't even need to buy the book to read it. You don't need any of that fancy gadgetry to support the people who made this book and supported Keith and The Girl, just log into Amazon or iTunes or Barnes or Noble and give five stars and write some nice words.

Quote:
You probably think there is no way a book about a dog can change your life. I'm here to tell you that you are wrong.

I bought this for my niece but once I read it and fell in love with Wick and Kelty I realised I couldn't bear to part with the book. She would have to go Wick-less. It's a tough world and the sooner she learns that the better.

But then I realised there is more than one copy of this book in the world so I bought one for her too, and an extra one for me to leave in the car. Now, car time is Wick time and my delightful niece can visit Wick's world whenever she wants. It's Win-Win-Wick!

Thanks for making this book Brian and Kristy. It has changed my life.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:14 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Bucho you idiot, you don't even need to buy the book to read it. You don't need any of that fancy gadgetry to support the people who made this book and supported Keith and The Girl, just log into Amazon or iTunes or Barneso or Noble and give five stars and write some nice words.
Sadly no. With apps, you have to OWN them to rate them. It's not like music.

As to the contest, I'm sorry it wasn't successful. That said, the goals were entirely unreachable from a realistic perspective. Being iPad only and a children's story at that pigeonholes it to barely a handful of participating katg listeners.

Personally I may check out the books at some point, though $3 is usually a premium specifically set for Dr Seuss and the like
Old 10-26-2012, 10:01 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi_Fi_Guy View Post
If Wick is a Good Boy receives at least 500 combined positive reviews during the promotion all reviewers names will be added to the thank you page of an upcoming Wick and Kelty adventure.
I appreciate the work and applaud your efforts but I do have an issue with "buying" favorable reviews. May not be your intent, but comes across as such.

Rather, better would be: "If you like what you read, do us a favor and post a review."
Old 10-26-2012, 03:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Sadly no. With apps, you have to OWN them to rate them.
Apps? I thought this was about books.
Old 10-28-2012, 02:14 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by william View Post
I appreciate the work and applaud your efforts but I do have an issue with "buying" favorable reviews. May not be your intent, but comes across as such.

Rather, better would be: "If you like what you read, do us a favor and post a review."
Agreed, this sadly happens too often on the App Store marketplace. I understand that, like with podcasts, you don't get noticed without good reviews, it still needs to be handled carefully when asking for those reviews.

Quote:
Apps? I thought this was about books.
It's a book APP, even if it was a book you still aren't able to review it if you don't own it.

Podcasts, music and I think movies are reviewable without owning them, but apps/games and iBooks are not. This is a book app and, again, needs to have been purchased in order to review it.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:45 AM   #16 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm pretty sure they were clear on the ads that it was for iPad, Nook or Kindle - so it isn't as pigeonholed as mentioned above. If you went to the website you can clearly click on the iPad, Nook or Kindle links.

I've read both the books to my daughter every night for the past 3 weeks. Not because I'm forcing her to, but because she asks for it. And we have Dr Seuss and other books that some deem more worthy of their $3 "premiums".