Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 12-10-2010, 04:00 AM   #11 (permalink)

fuck wikileaks. according to wookieleaks chewbacha is gay!!!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 06:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cart Horse View Post
Wikileaks is a big event.

Information is the currency of democracy.

Wikileaks is and will provide hidden information.

It won't go away, the concept is and will remain Internet fasciculated.

Heads will roll.

Don't write anything, or do anything in front of a recording device, that you wouldn't like presented in a court of law.

As Campy says - Confidential means no epaper trail people.
I agree. I'm a big fan (and no, I don't believe they're 'heroes') of WikiLeaks and Op Payback.

I know, big surprise from somebody with a forums name like mine.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:50 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean from Australia View Post
I have to say that, hands down, the best coverage of Assange/Wikileaks to date has come from Crikey -- On politics, media, business, the environment and life. It's kinda like Australia's version of The Huffington Post and it has fast rendered News Ltd. grip on the nations thought processes irrelevant.

i use drudgereport.com by matt drudge for my political news. but he pulls from tons of other online reporters that he deems respectable.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

Im torn on the whole thing. On the one hand, i think transparency in the government is a good thing. On the other, there are some secrets i think the government should keep. These secrets don't seem like they're doing anything but causing a stir because we said some not so flattering stuff behind closed doors. It does nothing to "free the mind of the people" or "let the truth be known" It just pisses off countries that frankly shouldn't be pissed off at us right now. Although, i don't think anything that was said was untrue, most of these people are fucking assholes.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:03 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Station View Post
Im torn on the whole thing. On the one hand, i think transparency in the government is a good thing. On the other, there are some secrets i think the government should keep. These secrets don't seem like they're doing anything but causing a stir because we said some not so flattering stuff behind closed doors. It does nothing to "free the mind of the people" or "let the truth be known" It just pisses off countries that frankly shouldn't be pissed off at us right now. Although, i don't think anything that was said was untrue, most of these people are fucking assholes.
I disagree, nothing should be secret. The government has nothing good to do under the cover of darkness. If you have a secret you don't want to get out that means that its something that you shouldn't have done. This is okay for individual privacy but governments play with peoples lives and need to be held accountable.

Also, is it just me or does anyone else kind of want to see Assange get arrested/"dealt with" so we can see what is in the damn insurance policy already.

And even if all of this stuff is pretty much stuff that everyone already assumed/knew (Putin? A puppet master...get out of town!!) why should this be secret, what benefit is this secrecy, and if they are keeping stuff like this secret, imagine what else they are hiding. (I'm not one of those 9/11 truther people, but I do think that the Kennedy assassination was an inside job.)

Last edited by doctorsleep; 12-11-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:45 AM   #16 (permalink)

no matter what wikileaks or anyone else does, there's always going to be massive secrets from the free people of the world. (like illuminati size secrets)
the way i see it, no one will be able to change this or discover the things that have been hidden from us.
so lets just live in this shit hole and try to smile
Old 12-13-2010, 09:54 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't know how safe it is to be posting about Wikileaks given how paranoid sections of the the U.S. Government have been in th past few weeks.

It's been pretty much the story of the moment Down Under with a great deal of sympathy for Assange and not much at all for the U.S. Government. Our government have come off looking like biggest arse lickers of the century in their parroting of American calls for Assange's head and they found themselves (yet again) on the wrong side of the public mood.

Julian Assange might be a little bastard (and I don't believe he is ... *cough* hero *cough*) but he's our little bastard. Any American calls for him to be charged with domestic espionage should be roundly responded to with a giant "Fuck off". So far as I know Julian Assange has never been to the US much less held a US passport so the notion that he should be subject to any US laws is ludicrous.

Anyways...my two cents.
You do know the US is still a superpower, right? Our consumer market, military, trade agreements, currency, etc. are too important to compromise over some leaked documents that are insignificant to the outcome of current issues.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:23 AM   #18 (permalink)

A super power??? Pppppfffftttt - don't make me laugh. How many trillions of dollars are you guys in hock to China for now? And your Government is about to sign into law tax cuts that are going to add about 700 billion dollars to your overall debt, whilst at the same time you want to increase spending?

Yep - Rome was an empire once. And it fell too...
Old 12-13-2010, 10:29 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
A super power??? Pppppfffftttt - don't make me laugh. How many trillions of dollars are you guys in hock to China for now? And your Government is about to sign into law tax cuts that are going to add about 700 billion dollars to your overall debt, whilst at the same time you want to increase spending?

and Rome didn't have Obama speeding up their failure.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FletchLives View Post
and Rome didn't have Obama speeding up their failure.

Rome had plenty of help, ever heard of Nero?