Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree1Likes

Old 03-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Location: Reston, VA also can be found in my cubical, because really thats where i live
Workout Group Put up or shut up

A lot of us have been working out quite hard for various reasons and then we post on the forums o I did this or I did that but there has not been a very good place to display how we are doing in comparison to each other.

I have been playing with this website, MapMyTri.com - Map your Triathlon Workouts: Bike Maps, Run Maps, Swim. Join our Community of Triathletes. Triathlete Social Network. Calorie Counter, Online Pedometer, Distance, iPhone, and More. and I think it is awesome. You can actually map your running routes and it will tell you your distances, then you can enter in how fast you ran and a bunch of other stats and it will tell you how many calories your burned and a bunch of other crap, it also keeps track of your workouts on a calendar and will give you a breakdown by day, week, month, and year of how active you have been.

you don't have to do triathlons to use this website it has everything from rock climbing to weight lifting

The gravy for this is that you can set up a group and compare yourself to everyone else, basically creating a great place for competition. I have created a group for the KATG Fatties

MapMyTri.com | KATG

This is all FREE, there is a pay option but I don’t think its worth it unless you are uber hardcore. it also has a set up to post your workouts to your facebook and twitter accounts, along with an iphone app for tracking your workouts, so you turn on the iphone app go for a run then sync your iphone and it will put the map of your workout into the website for you, now you don’t need to go buy a 400 dollar garmin 405 (although I still want one)

So all you fatties in the body for life thread, head over to the KATG group and lets really keep track of your fat asses and how lazy you really are and how hard you really are working of if you are just saying you are doing your workouts while you sit on the couch and eat 4 portions of beef with broccoli while watching NCIS from your Netflix cue!

This is my user profile,
MapMyTri.com | ironmanbobby's Profile and Training Routes in Reston, Virginia

you really make me want it - FFC
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Alright. I'm in.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Sold - This will keep me motivated to find a new gym in NH.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:19 PM   #4 (permalink)

I'll do it as well. Does it allow you to track what you eat as well or just activities?
Old 03-09-2009, 09:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

It really isn't that interested in what I do in the gym. The site is definitely aimed towards bikers/runners. Oh well.

I will continue to update and post specifics of my lifts. Today was a particularly good day. Back/shoulders tomorrow, then Biceps/Triceps the next, then chest ... and so on.

Now if I could just stick to my damn diet ...
Old 03-10-2009, 03:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

I've been using mapmyrun.com for at least a year to track all of my workouts. Seems to be exactly the same as mapmytri and really the same site. So, I'm in.
Of course, the training log is not working for me this morning... Anyone else having trouble adding workouts via the training plan? I can't get any "Activity Detail" to work. It won't bring up the normal list or search. There are a lot of threads about this issue on the help forum, but no definite solution. I've never had this happen before, but it seems kind of common. Such a solid site normally. Very frustrating.

Last edited by Ginger; 03-10-2009 at 05:08 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'm in and I added my workouts from last week.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatethesooners View Post
It really isn't that interested in what I do in the gym. The site is definitely aimed towards bikers/runners. Oh well.

I will continue to update and post specifics of my lifts. Today was a particularly good day. Back/shoulders tomorrow, then Biceps/Triceps the next, then chest ... and so on.

I recommend a good combination of Southern and Polish food. Just what a growing boy needs.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

Will it do just distance? I've been posting my distance on the elliptical on twitter and thinking that I wish there was a better way to keep track. Calorie counting always fucks with my head in an unproductive way.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #10 (permalink)

Location: Reston, VA also can be found in my cubical, because really thats where i live
Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
Will it do just distance? I've been posting my distance on the elliptical on twitter and thinking that I wish there was a better way to keep track. Calorie counting always fucks with my head in an unproductive way.
yes you can just do distance you can ignore the mapping feature all together, it will also keep track of calories you can put in how many you have during the day for your daily log as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
I've been using mapmyrun.com for at least a year to track all of my workouts. Seems to be exactly the same as mapmytri and really the same site. So, I'm in.
Of course, the training log is not working for me this morning... Anyone else having trouble adding workouts via the training plan? I can't get any "Activity Detail" to work. It won't bring up the normal list or search. There are a lot of threads about this issue on the help forum, but no definite solution. I've never had this happen before, but it seems kind of common. Such a solid site normally. Very frustrating.
it is the exact same site as mapmyrun.com, mine was working fine this morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatethesooners View Post

yes it is aimed more at the none meatheads, but it does most of the math for the none meathead workouts so that should help you some when you decide to do more then lift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky McDuck View Post
I'll do it as well. Does it allow you to track what you eat as well or just activities?
it will allow you to put in your total calories consumed in a day, i suggest the iphone app lose it if you want to easily track your caloric intake meal by meal