Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 05-23-2006, 04:09 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwdd27

(well, better than Scotland...)
What are you talking about.
Scotland IS going to the world cup.

Jason Scotland: Trinidad and Tobago.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:08 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickmyballssuckmy
Hope DJQ has beer.

Is this real?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/128800/flexibility/
Yes. Real love.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:37 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy
Ross, you're certainly brave putting up a thread on the World Cup on this forum.

At least thats one thing....

Scotland the Brave!
Old 05-23-2006, 08:52 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickmyballssuckmy
Actually, as far as I know that one is real. the soccer one, I have no idea.

It's not a big surprise to me that if your whole life is consumed by one thing that muscle memory can become so good that these things are possible. Lebron has spent how many hours a day with a basketball in his hands since the age of what? He has taken how many shots? Millions? It just doesn't so far-fetched to me. The cool part, I think, is that they got it on video.
Yeah, if you've spent 20 years practicing your soccer, it's definitely possible to do such a thing. It's a more difficult shot to hit the crossbar, but it's not impossible for a pro such as this to hit the same shot. If it was possible to throw the same pitch in the same location, a good hitter can hit a target anytime he wants. The reason a soccer player doesn't hit goal after goal, even when he's this precise, is because there is an outside factor, the defenders and goalie.

This player controls the ball himself. He controls the speed and angle of the ball. Many soccer players practice juggling their entire lives. The become so good at it, these tricks are like second nature to them. Then you get the crossbar shots. These are extremely difficult to do, but not impossible. If you can make a shot from a certain area, and you have good muscle control, you can do it again. Especially if there are no distractions. If you notice, all of his shots were in the same area (except for the last, and you didn't see that one, only hear). He controls the ball to his liking. It's like the coach who tosses the baseball up in the air and can hit it to any position he calls. It's not easy, but with enough practice, it's possible.

The Lebron one is fake, though. If it were 28 foot three-pointers, I could believe him hitting multiple consecutive; but his shooting posture is nowhere near right for an 80-foot shot. He may be good enough to shoot at the right angle (which it was), but he wouldn't have enough power in a regular jump shot to get the ball that far.

Oh, and soccer sucks. My reaction is like the Kent Brockman interpretation of the soccer game in Springfield. [bored voice]"Center passes to winger... Back to Center... Back to winger"[/bored voice]. It's like being a right-fielder in little league. You may see a ball coming your way once a game, but other than that. Have a seat. This is going to SUCK!

Moral Number 4: The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind. Except in New Jersey, where what's blowing in the wind smells funny.

http://twitter.com/benjitathesane
http://www.facebook.com/benjitathesane
Old 05-23-2006, 09:28 AM   #45 (permalink)

actually going to a game has got to be shit tons of fun. about 3:02 into this one this guy uses his little son or daughter (i can't tell which) as a human shield in a riot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGm-O...soccer%20riots
Old 05-23-2006, 10:09 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the big lebowski
actually going to a game has got to be shit tons of fun. about 3:02 into this one this guy uses his little son or daughter (i can't tell which) as a human shield in a riot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGm-O...soccer%20riots
Wow. You gotta wonder, though. Would there be as many riots, if soccer wasn't such a FUCKING BORING sport?
Old 05-23-2006, 11:40 AM   #47 (permalink)

Have you ever watched a proper game with decent teams?

The arsenal vs Barcelona match for example.

Football isnt boring. There can be boring matches at times, but thats like any sport. when u get good teams playing good teams, then its usually really fucking exciting. The world cup is going to be fuckig awesome this year.

Apart from baseball, thats boring all the time.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:14 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossnicoll

Football isnt boring. There can be boring matches at times, but thats like any sport. when u get good teams playing good teams, then its usually really fucking exciting. The world cup is going to be fuckig awesome this year.

And cricket, cricket is bullshit.
Old 05-23-2006, 03:13 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossnicoll

See, that's where we differ. You probably appreciate the intricacies of soccer, whereas I see nothing but bland passing, and the occasional slide-tackle.

My reasons I don't really care for soccer, can very well be another's reasons to like soccer. The American attention span is short.

(American) Football has about 10 seconds of action followed by 35 seconds of preparation for the next play. It is the perfect sport for Americans, as there's enough collision for us to get our excitement up, and give us time to soak in the play before the next one goes off. The next play is never too far away for our attention to be diverted away from the game. It is also not too close for us to feel overwhelmed by the action (which Rugby can be sometimes). The last two minutes are the exception; Either the game is over and we're just running out the clock, or the action picks up right at the end. Sounds like the perfect American game. Baseball is much the same way, without the collision.

Soccer, on the other hand, runs constantly for 45 minutes. There is no break in the clock, even when the play is stopped. There are no commercial breaks, for us to blink for a bit and regain our concentration. Much of the time is spent making passes and running down the field. There is no body collision allowed, with the occasional collision coming from someone trying to steal the ball. Scoring averages 3 goals a game, far fewer than Baseball (about 7 runs) or Football (3-4 TDs, 2-3 FGs).

You may appreciate the intracicies of Soccer, but I am one who does not. I may appreciate a well placed strike in Baseball, where you just say "so?" A great hit in Football beats the hell out of a pussy like Troy Aikman just throwing the ball around. As I said, it's like that episode of the Simpsons. I see it like Kent Brockman, and you may see it like the Latino announcer in the next room. Maybe all the riots are from people getting too drunk and bored watching the game with an american-like attention span....
Old 05-23-2006, 05:49 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjita
See, that's where we differ. You probably appreciate the intricacies of soccer, whereas I see nothing but bland passing, and the occasional slide-tackle.

My reasons I don't really care for soccer, can very well be another's reasons to like soccer. The American attention span is short.

(American) Football has about 10 seconds of action followed by 35 seconds of preparation for the next play. It is the perfect sport for Americans, as there's enough collision for us to get our excitement up, and give us time to soak in the play before the next one goes off. The next play is never too far away for our attention to be diverted away from the game. It is also not too close for us to feel overwhelmed by the action (which Rugby can be sometimes). The last two minutes are the exception; Either the game is over and we're just running out the clock, or the action picks up right at the end. Sounds like the perfect American game. Baseball is much the same way, without the collision.

Soccer, on the other hand, runs constantly for 45 minutes. There is no break in the clock, even when the play is stopped. There are no commercial breaks, for us to blink for a bit and regain our concentration. Much of the time is spent making passes and running down the field. There is no body collision allowed, with the occasional collision coming from someone trying to steal the ball. Scoring averages 3 goals a game, far fewer than Baseball (about 7 runs) or Football (3-4 TDs, 2-3 FGs).

You may appreciate the intracicies of Soccer, but I am one who does not. I may appreciate a well placed strike in Baseball, where you just say "so?" A great hit in Football beats the hell out of a pussy like Troy Aikman just throwing the ball around. As I said, it's like that episode of the Simpsons. I see it like Kent Brockman, and you may see it like the Latino announcer in the next room. Maybe all the riots are from people getting too drunk and bored watching the game with an american-like attention span....

For someone with a short attention span, you can certainly type a load of bollocks