Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Will you buy Mike Lawrence's debut CD?
Yes 77 75.49%
No 25 24.51%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree29Likes

Old 02-22-2013, 06:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1731: Nerd of Mouth

"A Times Square Spider-Man slugged a woman."

Mike Lawrence Comedy

Share this episode: Nerd of Mouth - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Mike Lawrence pointed out the fact that Jennifer Hudson's performance of the DreamGirls song ("I'm Telling You I'm Not Going") had nothing on Jennifer Holiday's performance.

Chemda tried to defend Hudson by saying if a person can hit all of the notes on that song then they are singing. But not a minute earlier she was the one who pointed out that it doesn't matter if you are technically proficient at singing, it is the emotion conveyed that matters. Hudson all voice, no emotion.

And what is this, the way that Chemda is talking about Django Unchained? No one ever presented that movie as an "important piece" on U.S. History that had to be seen. It's a B-Movie exploitation. Take it or leave it, like you would Transformers or Battleship. I don't think anyone is putting it on the same pedestal as Lincoln or Schindler's List. It's nominated for an Oscar because a lot of people dug it.

Chemda was pointing out how off putting the violence in Django is to her...without even seeing the movie. I would understand her point better if she hadn't talked about how she felt the same about Reservoir Dogs before seeing it...then saw RD and was totally into it. I'm not saying she should see Django Unchained, but it's like she learned nothing from her earlier viewing experience.

I hope Mike Lawrence was kidding when he said that Avengers should have been nominated, but it should not have won. That is why it isn't nominated Mike...because it isn't in contention to win, even in your mind.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

If you had a white guy and a black guy watching DJango Unchained you would have two different points of view.

Didn't see it but Wreck it Ralph was based on a nonexistent video game.
Old 02-23-2013, 04:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

The walking dead comic is 100% better than the show and i love that show
Old 02-23-2013, 04:58 AM   #5 (permalink)

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter shits all over Lincoln. It's probably historically more accurate as well.
John Galt likes this.
Old 02-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Fucking wahoo Mike is recording! Thanks for being a regular on KATG for almost 3 years now. I believed Keith from the first time he said you should record. Can't wait to buy the download.
Bucho and Enunciated Piffle like this.

Last edited by WittyReference; 02-23-2013 at 12:03 PM. Reason: no one buys cds anymore
Old 02-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

i have been waiting for a mike lawrence cd since i first heard of him. i keep looking it up on itunes and see his doppelganger country singer . that means yes i will buy. maybe even physical AND digital.
Bucho and WittyReference like this.
Old 02-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Mike Lawrence opened for Marc Maron and has a new album coming out. Glad to hear his comic book collection has fianlly paid off.

Also, I don' tunderstand Mike's love of comics. Not because of his age, but because comics were a special thing that only nerdy kids liked. Now that everyone and their brother likes them, every fucking movie is based upon them, don't they at some time lose that...special something?

Until they exploit Valiant's Shadowman comic; it is the only one left I still like/ respect.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 02-23-2013 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Fuck Thor and his hammer
Old 02-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
don't they at some time lose that...special something?
Nope.
Old 02-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSEIII View Post
If you had a white guy and a black guy watching DJango Unchained you would have two different points of view.
If you had a white guy and a white guy watching Batman, you would have two different points of view.
Bucho, Blitzgal, jjamis and 2 others like this.