Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: You bought the $2.2M bowl for $3. Would you give the original owners any of the $2M?
Yes 48 46.60%
No 55 53.40%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree20Likes

Old 03-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1748: Play On

"You ask me why they burn that smoke at the conclave? I think it's to hide evidence."

Click here to watch all the video clips from this show

Share this episode: Play On - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

Last edited by MichaelApproved; 03-28-2013 at 02:12 AM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Who's going to mess with old people when they act up, Little Baby Faggot.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Craigslist: Chinese Bowls, Fat Bitches, and Vinyl

I would just like to say that I'm now following @TimJDillon on twitter out of respect to the show and the fact Chemda told Tim his numbers would go up.

I love how when you say something nasty; it gets read on the show. Jesus Christ. You'd think I threatened to perform a hate crime or something

On the topic of expensive chinese bowls: I go on Craigslist every day. There's a bit of everything on there! Cheap dvds, stolen bicycles, and tons of fat bitches, (they use this code 'BBW' - it really means fat bitch who's horny) and theres just a plea-torah of great deals.

Anyways, the other day I saw '43 SubPop Records 45s' Now, growing up in the grunge era I thought 'I wonder if there's anything neato' as most bands like Jesus Lizard, MudHoney, Soundgarden and such were on that label. The guy had all these pics that were posted upside down - clearly a CL amateur. Whenever you see this, it can sometimes mean a deal cuz the owner was in a hurry, maybe a rich college kid, and really doesn't give a shit about price. Just wants to get rid of it.

I look at these pics and I see: NIRVANA, SMASHING PUMPKINS, TAD, etc. Now, you don't have to be a genius to realize that a Nirvana or SP 45 might be valuable. I ended up paying about $1.50 a piece for all 43 records. Turns out the Smashing Pumpins is a rare, 7,500 limited print, pink marble edition of the 'Tristessa' single, with a value range of $80-$150! The Nirvana 'Oi Konnick' 45, while not rare was going for $20 on most sites. I've yet to price the rest but some are like $6-$8.

Now, do I go back to 'Meth-y McGee McDumbFuck and tell him I owe him? Of course not. I triple my investment and hang that Nirvana record on the wall, like any sane person.

The End.
Scumhook likes this.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

So you're not going to give him any more money then, millionaire?
Electric Squirrel likes this.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Odd. It feels like there is some sarcasm there, but without emoticons - how can one tell? Are you implying I'm NOT ready for Wall Street?
Scumhook likes this.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 03-20-2013 at 11:57 PM. Reason: I believe it was the great Kurt Cobain who once said 'oh well whatever , nevermind...
Old 03-21-2013, 01:04 AM   #6 (permalink)

If i ever get a piece of keiths hair starting bid 100k
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:18 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
I would just like to say that I'm now following @TimJDillon on twitter out of respect to the show and the fact Chemda told Tim his numbers would go up.

I love how when you say something nasty; it gets read on the show. Jesus Christ. You'd think I threatened to perform a hate crime or something

On the topic of expensive chinese bowls: I go on Craigslist every day. There's a bit of everything on there! Cheap dvds, stolen bicycles, and tons of fat bitches, (they use this code 'BBW' - it really means fat bitch who's horny) and theres just a plea-torah of great deals.

Anyways, the other day I saw '43 SubPop Records 45s' Now, growing up in the grunge era I thought 'I wonder if there's anything neato' as most bands like Jesus Lizard, MudHoney, Soundgarden and such were on that label. The guy had all these pics that were posted upside down - clearly a CL amateur. Whenever you see this, it can sometimes mean a deal cuz the owner was in a hurry, maybe a rich college kid, and really doesn't give a shit about price. Just wants to get rid of it.

I look at these pics and I see: NIRVANA, SMASHING PUMPKINS, TAD, etc. Now, you don't have to be a genius to realize that a Nirvana or SP 45 might be valuable. I ended up paying about $1.50 a piece for all 43 records. Turns out the Smashing Pumpins is a rare, 7,500 limited print, pink marble edition of the 'Tristessa' single, with a value range of $80-$150! The Nirvana 'Oi Konnick' 45, while not rare was going for $20 on most sites. I've yet to price the rest but some are like $6-$8.

Now, do I go back to 'Meth-y McGee McDumbFuck and tell him I owe him? Of course not. I triple my investment and hang that Nirvana record on the wall, like any sane person.

The End.
we get it you know who nirvana is, jesus fuck
Old 03-21-2013, 06:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

In Australia, we've had display of cigarettes in stores banned for a few years now. We also have plain packaging laws now which means the only "branding" of a particular brand of cigarettes is the name on the box - no logos, no images, colours etc. All packs of cigarettes are an ugly green colour - that is, the parts of the box that aren't covered by the mandatory health warnings - 30% of the front and 90% of the back have to carry graphic text warnings and images like this:

or:

Stores selling cigarettes were outraged and fought hard against the reforms on the basis that it makes sales more difficult, time consuming etc for the store as all the packs look the same, not to mention people can't even easily see if you sell them at all.

They say they expect a reduction of about 15% in smoking as a result of all of this by 2016.

I don't know much about the impact that having cigarettes hidden from view had on sales or smoking rates, but I know that since the ugly packaging was introduced, smokers reported their cigarettes tasting less satisfying. Psychology, huh.

Also, our cigarettes are SUPER expensive. A new tax is set to push the price of a pack of cigarettes above $20 (most packs are now around the $18 mark).
Old 03-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #9 (permalink)

Nice post Lizquiz. Gross, but interesting.

I wonder though, does a $20 pack create a black market for cheap cigs? Like, if some asshole in the states built a giant raft out of Marlboros and floated over there. If he set up a connection with say, a guy named Scumhook and started transporting cigs like coke Down Under...there'd be a profit, right? I'm just saying...
WittyReference likes this.

Last edited by Enunciated Piffle; 03-21-2013 at 10:47 AM. Reason: black market cancer thought
Old 03-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Here in Canada its been illegal to display cigarettes in shops for quite a while, and we also have the big pictures of bad lungs and such on them. I like them covered. The biggest reason that I support not displaying them is that from what I hear quitting is hard enough. You don't need them to be in your face every time you pay for gas or enter a store that sells them when you are trying to quit.