Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Are you an atheist?
Yes 63 70.00%
No 27 30.00%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree17Likes

Old 11-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

1872: Sympathy for the Devil

with Troy Conrad

www.twitter.com/TroyConrad

Share this episode: Sympathy for the Devil (Keith and The Girl) - Comedy Talk Show & Podcast

Subscribe for free: Keith and The Girl podcast on your iPhone, iPad and iPod with iTunes

Last edited by Marisela; 11-08-2013 at 01:53 AM.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #2 (permalink)

Troy claims his show brings out the true voice of the comedian.

I imagine Marc Maron's true voice resembles a deaf Jewish boy who yells and screams for candy and ice cream. Come to think of it..it's not a far cry from the adult version of Maron.
Scumhook likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:53 AM   #3 (permalink)

Libertarians are Homophobes ?

First of all, Troy was a great guest and I look forward to him being on the show again. He has all the great traits of a solid KATG show guest.

This being said, I was with him up until he made the proclamation "Libertarians are homophobes." That is why he made the 'Flamers' movement.

To my knowledge, Libertarians are obnoxious not because they hate gays. It's because they want liberty to extend so far that it allows too much freedom for corporations and the market. Just because their base is white people; does not mean that they are the dogmatic, hateful right wingers like the Republican party.

Troy is funny. He is smart. I expect more from someone of his ilk than to make blanket generalizations and what's worse; take his own biased assumptions as fact.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:15 AM   #4 (permalink)

Troy made a comment about being agnostic and an atheist (from memory). I would like more info on this stance. Did I mis-hear or wtf??

I voted No on the poll because I still can't 100% discount "something" being out there.

and @OLDPPL, when u post, I feel your username is yelling at me. Fuck you.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

I believe in aliens
Old 11-07-2013, 04:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Mario View Post
I believe in illegal aliens
Fix'd
Old 11-07-2013, 06:28 AM   #7 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Surveys show that 89.3% of people who say "libertarians are ..." are using the OSM definition of libertarian, and have no idea what they're talking about.

Based on the libertarians I know, they are the least homophobic group of people I have ever met. By ever, I mean, ever and by group I mean gathering of three or more. Observation is just my personal experience, however, and might be skewed by the fact that I've only dealt with libertarians in the northern hemisphere so far.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

The heckler who gets part of the door take probably doesn't say "I didn't write anything either."

Great episode, great guest.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

... and now that I have time to write a touch more ...

Great show and a great guest. I really like the 'set list' concept for bringing out the funny and the creativity in people.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #10 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
Troy made a comment about being agnostic and an atheist (from memory). I would like more info on this stance. Did I mis-hear or wtf??
I don't often say I'm atheist and agnostic but that is how I would define myself. Here is why.
I call myself an atheist because I do not believe in any gods/god/higher power.
I do not believe because there is no logical reason to conceive such a thing exists.
However while there is no evidence that would make one conceive of such a thing there is no evidence to say it con not be either.
So I come to this conclusion. I can dismiss all ideas of higher powers and magic because what can be asserted with no proof can be dismissed with no proof. But the only way to know something for certain is to prove it which by the nature of the assertion I cannot do. So while there is no way I could possibly be more certain that there is no such thing as a higher power the fact I cannot disprove god means there is no logical way to say there is a 100% chance there is no higher power in the same way I cannot disprove the Flying Spaghetti Monster despite the fact I can know it is a joke.

Hopefully that makes sense.