Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: On a scale of 1 to 10, how Chemda are you?
1 6 14.63%
2 4 9.76%
3 1 2.44%
4 6 14.63%
5 6 14.63%
6 7 17.07%
7 8 19.51%
8 1 2.44%
9 1 2.44%
10 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Thumbnail
  • 4 Post By Keith
  • 1 Post By Keith

Old 09-07-2015, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2241: Like Me

with Micah Sherman, Dan Hirshon, Zach Sherwin, and Myq Kaplan – Life is improv; Keith’s officiating an Icelandic wedding; jury duty; Zach & Captain Sully; Keith’s tone; The Braindead Megaphone; Next Level Friendship

Guests:
Micah Sherman

Dan Hirshon

Zach Sherwin

Myq Kaplan

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 09-09-2015 at 07:57 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 04:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Just the other day Doug Benson had Zach's CD inside Doug Loves Movies' prize bag and said "this is a CD from Zach Sherman".

Allrighty then.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

Been far too long since Micah's been on he's one of the best. Loved this episode.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I haven't gone all the back to the beginning of the podcast yet but for the year or so I've been listening I thought from the start that the pattern of his speech had a sort of "Brooklyn Italian and or Jewish" self deprecating kind of feel.

I think Keith is so fucking genuine but people WANT to think he has other motives. Maybe it's his serious face or the fact that they know Keith is very smart and is capable of cutting people down with his wit and jokes, but some new guests or guests with anxiety do pussyfoot around topics or stop themselves before answering a question - as if they expect him to do it to them all the time. (Holy run-on sentence)
Old 09-08-2015, 11:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Classic Apia.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerLakes View Post
I think Keith is so fucking genuine but people WANT to think he has other motives. Maybe it's his serious face or the fact that they know Keith is very smart and is capable of cutting people down with his wit and jokes, but some new guests or guests with anxiety do pussyfoot around topics or stop themselves before answering a question - as if they expect him to do it to them all the time. (Holy run-on sentence)
Do you know him in person? There could be something to it if so many people think that way. But, like Keith said, if he spoke about topics on the show and people asked him about those topics in person, he would answer the same way in all situations. That's genuine. But people get confused because he (allegedly, from what we've heard on the show) has a calm demeanour in person, right? Maybe he rarely goes off the rails or on rants in person and it's played up for the audience on the podcast? It's very similar to how some people post on the internet.

To be honest, I thought exactly the same things about Zach Sherwin as what was discussed on the show. That he doesn't have many reactions and it's difficult to get his approval – unless he's with a close friend. All by hearing his voice! I didn't realize I had those assumptions until it was discussed on the show. I was surprised that no one had told/asked him about it before and that his friends didn't really understand what Chemda was talking about. I get those types of comments directed at me by others because I value personal relationships, and it takes a lot for me to care enough to react in certain ways. If that makes any sense. People like to interpret things their own way.

Very interesting episode.
Old 09-09-2015, 02:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

If Chemda doesn't respond to this I will be sad.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
myq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carruthers View Post
If Chemda doesn't respond to this I will be sad.
It seems like maybe she already did because someone in the poll put that they are 100% 10 out of 10 Chemda. Maybe that was her!
Old 09-09-2015, 07:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

She didn't vote yet. I bet it's Zach. Fingers crossed!
Mattman likes this.