Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Show Talk

Show Talk Talk about the show

View Poll Results: Re: Hidden Fences: Were Jenna Bush and Michael Keaton being subconsciously racist?
Yes 12 40.00%
No 18 60.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree34Likes

Old 01-09-2017, 11:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

2545: Hidden Fences

with John Opdycke and Emily Winter – The Golden Globes; Casey Affleck’s sexual assault allegations; Hidden Fences and its apologists; Meryl Streep’s speech and Trump and MMA’s reactions; fighting for open primaries; women studies; self-harm

Guests:
Emily Winter

John Opdycke

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

Get the show: on iTunes, on Stitcher and RSS feed

Last edited by dannyhatch; 01-10-2017 at 12:22 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 03:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

But why doesn't grammar work?

I guarantee Germains don't end a sentence with the period a space after the end of it .

Peace and love.

As for the Golden Globes, Al Roker said, "It's okay, I forgot Mel Gibson's movie was called Braveheart," which wasn't the racist point at all. He should have said, "And I didn't even think to say, 'When you said to your girlfriend it's her fault if a pack of niggers rapes her,' what were you thinking about that? Never mind threatening to kill her and Jews cause all the wars.(?)" So anyway, we all make faux pas. Par for the course, Jena."
Old 01-10-2017, 06:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

Excellent! Another political show but with 2 lib guests instead of just 1 for a 4 way jerk off party. Yes, Meryl was so brave.

Show needs a Tim Dillon enema.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7010 View Post
Excellent! Another political show but with 2 lib guests instead of just 1 for a 4 way jerk off party. Yes, Meryl was so brave.
You did bring up a great point by showing us the other side. A lot to chew on.
Apia likes this.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

YES for calling it out Chemda! #WOKE!
*plays violin for Jenna*
The Girl and Mermaid like this.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:31 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7010 View Post
Meryl was so brave.
get off it. Trump is a petty asshole who says much dumber shit at a prolific clip. on twitter. so fucking brave those tweets and so dignified his language.

if that's what you're about i have no qualms sitting here and telling you how god awful you are. personally. with his own words, loser. moron. idiot. your words are not good and your should feel ashamed of yourself. in fact, if someone here wanted to smack you with a 2X4 that'd be ok. i mean, i can't cover legal fees like good ole Donny Tru, but i will laugh and mock your pain in similar fashion.

asswipe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

If mike7170 had any point to make defending Trump's tweets or mocking the disabled reporter he would have said that. Instead he's the type of guy who pretends he could have blown our minds with knowledge but simply can't take the time.

"I would say if you'd let me talk."

"Go ahead, Mike."

"Wow! I really can't say ANYTHING!"

You're fake, mike. And a lew-za.

Also I don't think you get Tim Dillon's exaggerated ridiculousness. You're the guy that thinks Archie Bunker had great points.
amnesiac likes this.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:10 AM   #8 (permalink)

Jenna reacted the way most people act when called out on their shit.

It's what makes solving racism almost impossible.

No one wants to believe anything they do is racist or is a result of implicit bias.

Then when they get taken to task, rather than apologize and learn from it they get indignant an defensive.

This is one of the problems of defining racism by "what's in your heart" rather than the tangible negative effects it has on POC.
Sparrow likes this.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:31 AM   #9 (permalink)

Exactly, fuck em! Get off our fucking lawn party pooper, spew your evil criticism somewhere else! The forums are for circlejerks and praise only, you should know that by now. I for one loved the guests points and I think Chemda was spot on as always. During her free jazz/free association social justice rants I swear I could feel the rest of the countries opinions shift just a teensy bit. If she keeps on yelling her points, preferably as long disjointed and hopefully uninterrupted rants we might actually be close to a national awakening. Keith of course shrewdly kept his distance during the discussion but you know, Keith is Keith. And we all love him for that.

If you think this type of cynical criticism is just a character flaw of a few trolls you obviously don't know what it feels like to know that your favorite show will never consider any type of criticism, whether you put effort into it or not, and just continue their descent into madness. Honestly chemda is sounding increasingly unhinged and I'm actually worried but then again who cares, Keith certainly doesn't. The only thing that seems to get him active these days is when there's a juicy piece of dissent on the forums that he can crush.

Bring on the counter attacks! My previous posts for you to peruse and dissect are on the left below my profile pic. In case you need some more material to discredit me, yes, I'm from Germany so I'm most likely a kranky scat-loving nazi. And yes, my mother is a whore and I'm definitely just a troll, so nothing I say can ever really count.
The Girl likes this.
Old 01-10-2017, 12:35 PM   #10 (permalink)

Chemda is who keeps me listening.

Keep on being great.
Apia likes this.