• 1 Post By Keith
  • 3 Post By Keith
  • 6 Post By Apia resurrected
  • 2 Post By rodimusprime
  • 2 Post By Apia resurrected
  • 4 Post By Piscean
  • 1 Post By FingerLakes
  • 1 Post By littlp

Old 02-15-2021, 08:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

135: Shows 3370 - 3372

My name is Rod and I'm here to say I love recapping the week in a major way! How did I actually MAKE money on the bet I lost to Keith? What is the "yes and" style of being interviewed? And why is addiction so delightful with an English accent? It's a mystery, innit?

I look forward to reading your comments in the forums since Karen never will!

Love,
Rod

Guest:
Rod Morrow

Share this episode: Twitter, Facebook & email

This entire show is available on KATG VIP along with...

Access to over 2,700 Keith and The Girl in-studio episodes dating back to March 2005.

Constantly updated VIP only podcasts, bonus shows and special offers including:
  • Chemda's What's My Name podcast
  • Keith's My Name Is Keith podcast
  • What Do We Do Now?
  • Andrea's WHAT'S UP, A?
  • Flavor of the Month
  • Bottoms Up with Hennessy
  • Myq Kaplan's Super Hang
  • That's the Show with Danny!
  • The Brother Love Owwwr!
  • Myka Fox & Friends
  • INTERNment podcast
  • All KATGtv episodes
  • A look back with KATG Beginnings episodes
  • Special discounts and offers

Click here to get more info about KATG VIP!

The Girl likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 11:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I can’t wait to hear about this phone call with customer service!!!
Old 02-16-2021, 02:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I love Rod.
He asks the hard questions, has the right attitude and I’m glad we have him.
Keith, The Girl, Scorpion and 3 others like this.
Old 02-16-2021, 06:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Britney wasn’t my music, but i of course remember the drama.
I feel sorry for her, but also as I said, the way she was marketed was very annoying for me.
Her team made lots of money on having her be the sexy virgin and talking about her virginity a lot. That’s still talking about her and sex.

Justin is also not for me, but people forget that they are pretty much the same age, so he also wasn’t mature and watched by everyone.
Old 02-19-2021, 04:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
I love Rod.
He asks the hard questions, has the right attitude and I’m glad we have him.
Thank you Apia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
Britney wasn’t my music, but i of course remember the drama.
I feel sorry for her, but also as I said, the way she was marketed was very annoying for me.
Her team made lots of money on having her be the sexy virgin and talking about her virginity a lot. That’s still talking about her and sex.

Justin is also not for me, but people forget that they are pretty much the same age, so he also wasn’t mature and watched by everyone.
I agree. I always find it odd who people go back in time and need a person to put all the blame on. It wasn't just Justin Timberlake who turned on Britney. Neither of them made the kind of music I like except for that one album Timeberlake did with Timberland. Future/Sex/Love Sounds.
Scorpion and Apia resurrected like this.
Old 02-20-2021, 12:15 AM   #6 (permalink)

True.
And I don’t even want to defend him, I’m a cool lady ( you recognize a cool person by the their need to point out they are cool) who never listened to this kind of music.

Justin was also a child star. He had the luck of having better parents probably and no visible mental problems.
Not some Weinstein of boy bands.
I just looked it up, he was 18 when he started dating Brit.
I’m glad no one looks up some stupid shit I said at this age.
Scorpion and rodimusprime like this.
Old 02-21-2021, 07:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Thanks for a great LW show! This is exactly what I needed today.

I saw a meme yesterday I thought was great. It said: What's everyone wearing to the 1-year anniversary of "14 days to flatten the curve?" Asking for a friend.

Yeah, it was great until I thought about it. It's been a year. And that started the spiral of depression you helped me through. So thank you!
Keith, The Girl, Scorpion and 1 others like this.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

There's a few years difference between myself and everyone on this episode so maybe that's the reason the Britney doc hit me differently. Back in 2009 when she shaved her head I didn't have the POV that she was a woman having breakdown because of the strain of dozens of strange men being up in her face everyday with cameras, pawing at her to make her mad for a picture. Or that she had the stress of running her concerts and ads in ways she wanted while dealing with celebrities, grown women who didn't know her, newscasters and talk show hosts calling her a whore while jerking off to her.

As I remember it from back then the news and TMZ(did they even have a show back then? was it just Entertainment Tonight?) painted it as Another crazy celebrity meltdown that all young stars have eventually because they're rich and get everything they want and when they don't get what they want they throw tantrums. I thought she was just acting like a child, not reacting to the inhuman amount of pressure on her performance and her body. So whether it was me not being mature enough to get it or being roped in by the reporters painting themselves in a good light, I didn't really get the severity of it all before.

I also never heard of the conservativeship until the #FreeBritney movement which detailed it in easy to understand and stark terms. Like, at all. I only knew about her stints in rehab and battle with Kevin over her kids. So the doc showing how long its been going on, how many things she's accomplished since then (in terms of putting out albums, doing vegas for a full year, etc.) the fact that she wasn't allowed to bring her own fucking lawyer to represent her best interest (HOW IS IT NOT IN HER BEST INTEREST TO HIRE THE MAN WHO IS THE BEST AT THAT KIND OF LAW?), and that she is clearly capable of thinking for herself but is being bound by bullshit rule put in place at a time when she possible wasn't capable - all of this was new information to me and it fucking moved me.

That said there were things I found lacking and was hoping they'd find time to put in. I wanted some more quotes from the family. I have a memory from the 2000s of Jaime Lynn and Britney being friends and going out in public. I get that siblings grow apart and the produced reached out to the family for quotes, but did she really say NOTHING about it to anyone in 10 years? No slip to a pap, no ex friend who kept receipts? Also wanted more law stuff, like speaking to more officials on the various cases against her. Someone who isn't working in that field and isn't afraid to give the tea.

Stay blessed.
rodimusprime likes this.
Old 02-25-2021, 09:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

My little sister who was 12 at the time had the poster of Britney from her first album up on the wall. Britney was wearing the tiniest of daisy duke shorts that were folded down. I recall thinking how bizarre how sexualized she was for little girls. But that was the marketing ploy in the 2000s, hypersexuality. Low cut
jeans, halter tops, basically show as much skin as possible and then throw on glitter body lotion/perfume/roll on glitter so all that skin is extra shiny and noticeable. Looking back at how insane the paparazzi were with her-no wonder she lost her mind.

Also in her case, usually people with mental health issues can get temporary guardianship where someone temporarily is over their person and fiancé’s until the person stabilizes. Guardianship safe supposed to be reviewed every year to see if it is still necessary. She is absolutely being screwed over by her father and the courts. If she can do shows she can manage her life. There are also less restrictive options such as shared decision making where the person can ask for help in very specific situations. The person still has majority of control over their decisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rodimusprime likes this.